Add a Matrix Room to Port Oakes

I know that "the Matrix room" in Peregrine Island is actually an older version of the arena waiting room that is underneath the arena.  I also know that there was one in Galaxy City and Talos Island as well, but they were mostly inaccessible.  Peregrine Island's "Matrix room" was only accessible due to geometry holes back on live.

Is there a "Matrix room" in Port Oakes?  I know that the arena in Port Oakes was added two issues after the arenas in Galaxy City, Talos Island, and Peregrine Island, so there may not be.  But... if there is, would there be any possibility of making that accessible like the one in Peregrine Island?

1 minute ago, Vanden said:

So... inaccessible? Or you want them to put in a room that’s only reachable through map holes?

Uhh...   The Matrix room was only reachable through map holes on live, but that is not the case on Homecoming.  SCoRE made the Matrix room in PI accessible by entering any door inside the PI arena.  I'm just asking that if there is a Matrix room in Port Oakes, if they would consider making it available there like they did PI.  It would be a nice social space for red side like it occasionally is blue side.  That's all.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Vanden said:

So... inaccessible? Or you want them to put in a room that’s only reachable through map holes?

Fact checking does the forums good

This is not the City of Heroes that you remember ,  it is a new game built on what we were forced to leave behind.  Change is going to happen , because Homecoming is not your personal museum to hold your nostalgic torch too.   It has active development and will continue to evolve just like the City of Heroes we knew was changing and evolving and was about to change in massive ways.  

Forum Post count does not = Game Intelligence or Knowledge  it just shows how often people like to talk.

15 minutes ago, TraumaTrain said:

I don't know this "Matrix room."

Just click on a door inside the arena?

Yep.  Click on any door *inside* the Peregrine Island Arena.

Like I said in the original post, it was originally intended to be the arena waiting room.  However, it was scrapped, and the arena was built literally overtop of it.  Galaxy City, Talos Island, and Peregrine Island all had one, but only the Peregrine Island one was accessible due to map holes.  You would have to fall through a map hole in PI, fly to what looked like a big box underneath the arena, and then type /stuck which would put you inside. :D  I was one of the first (perhaps the first) to find it on the Champion server.  Eventually, I parked a character there, and frequently teleported others inside.  The last couple of years prior to sunset, It became a bit of a social hang out where a couple of DJs from an Internet radio station would host their radio shows.  At least on Champion, I don't know about the other servers.

During the "secret server" days, SCoRE plugged the map holes in Peregrine Island, but made "the Matrix room" much more accessible.

I just have fond memories of the place from prior to sunset, and think it would make a nice social area red side since red side is especially lacking in such things.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Yep.  Click on any door *inside* the Peregrine Island Arena.

Like I said in the original post, it was originally intended to be the arena waiting room.  However, it was scrapped, and the arena was built literally overtop of it.  Galaxy City, Talos Island, and Peregrine Island all had one, but only the Peregrine Island one was accessible due to map holes.  You would have to fall through a map hole in PI, fly to what looked like a big box underneath the arena, and then type /stuck which would put you inside. 😄 I was one of the first (perhaps the first) to find it on the Champion server.  Eventually, I parked a character there, and frequently teleported others inside.  The last couple of years prior to sunset, It became a bit of a social hang out where a couple of DJs from an Internet radio station would host their radio shows.  At least on Champion, I don't know about the other servers.

During the "secret server" days, SCoRE plugged the map holes in Peregrine Island, but made "the Matrix room" much more accessible.

I just have fond memories of the place from prior to sunset, and think it would make a nice social area red side since red side is especially lacking in such things.

Oh darn! I am at work right now or else I'd provide step by step - but you can get under Galaxy City, Talos Island, PI, Port Oakes... gosh I guess pretty much any map (except for current Atlas Park, they fixed all the geometry holes I used). I know for a fact Talos had a blue square on live! I'll have to check when I get home if they are still there (I am pretty sure PO has one).

• Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

6 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Oh darn! I am at work right now or else I'd provide step by step - but you can get under Galaxy City, Talos Island, PI, Port Oakes... gosh I guess pretty much any map (except for current Atlas Park, they fixed all the geometry holes I used). I know for a fact Talos had a blue square on live! I'll have to check when I get home if they are still there (I am pretty sure PO has one).

Nice!  Yeah, I strongly suspect that there is also one in Port Oakes.  I don't see any reason to not make it more easily accessible like the one in PI, except for developer time.

3 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

@ZorkNemesis reported a good geometry error in PO a while back if you're curious. 

I couldn't get below that big blue cube under the map, Port Oakes has a Shadow Shard-style safety net under the map that drops you in front of the mansion in the north if you go too low.  I didn't try teleporting straight down though.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

8 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

I couldn't get below that big blue cube under the map, Port Oakes has a Shadow Shard-style safety net under the map that drops you in front of the mansion in the north if you go too low.  I didn't try teleporting straight down though.

Simple work around, fly out in any direction about a mile or so and then drop/turn off fly. You'll hit the real floor of the zone. From there, just run/fly to the bottom of the blue square (making sure not to get to high off of the floor of the zone). Watch my video for reference on this technique: Around 5:35 timestamp.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• 2 months later

Indeed,  my original no was because it isnt visible from the outside (no bounding box).  Its doors are visible if you get very close but i couldnt see anything else and the /stuck method from live bypasses the matrix room and places you inside the arena.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Michiyo said:

Necroing the topic here a bit, but there very much is a matrix room under the Port Oaks arena https://drive.pc-logix.com/index.php/s/Pz2fgbaLdfqK7NQ  The doors just need wired up to it in the actual arena proper.

Awesome.  I know that there are a million other things more worthy of developer time, but I really hope that the doors are linked one day.

7 hours ago, Michiyo said:

Necroing the topic here a bit, but there very much is a matrix room under the Port Oaks arena https://drive.pc-logix.com/index.php/s/Pz2fgbaLdfqK7NQ  The doors just need wired up to it in the actual arena proper.

I never could get my developer commands to work on my private server! I only had console commands, this video shows exactly what I wanted to do if I could've figured out how lol. Instead, I have to find holes in geometry and tp through the ol' analog way!

Edit: In fact, looks like @ZorkNemesis did the work for me already! Check out his find on the 'Report Zone Geometry Errors' thread:

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour