question about Silos/Lazarus/Twilight Son

Wavicle

so I just had Mender Silos pop up in my contacts for the first time since back on live. I'm guessing it's because I completed the Pilgrim's arc on this toon. But I'm curious about a couple thing:

1. I don't think this is the first toon I've done the Pilgrim on in HC, so why didn't I see Silos before?

2. Why haven't Lazarus or Twilight's Son appeared in my contacts in a similar fashion?

They're not supposed to show up in your contact list if I recall, as technically all three of them are TF contacts that didn't have a team size requirement.  They do appear in the list of missions within the pillar though, that might be a factor.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I'm pretty sure if you ask him Silos will tell you he's been watching you for a long time, or you've been watching yourself or some weird time travel scenario logic that amounts to "it's time for you to break/unbreak the timeline."  Which implies that up until now, you weren't ready.

Edited by Shred Monkey

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

1 hour ago, Shred Monkey said:

I'm pretty sure if you ask him Silos will tell you he's been watching you for a long time, or you've been watching yourself or some weird time travel scenario logic that amounts to "it's time for you to break/unbreak the timeline."  Which implies that up until now, you weren't ready.

To be fair, he kind of has been watching you the whole time, given exactly who he is.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I had something similar happen recently as well.  I think once you introduce yourself to the Ouro contacts then they "know" you and get added to your contact list when they're in your level range.

They're not tf contacts, but rather regular contacts.  If you do the content while you're in the level range, you can invite others to team as you go along.  When you complete their content they go into your inactive contact list.  Once you've either outleveled or completed their content then you can find them in the pillar THEN they're like tf contacts, just anyone done via flashback.

This is City of Heroes take on HP Lovecraft.  And much like Twilight Vampires glitter in the Sun and are a hundred years old but find a teenage girl fascinating this crap is pretty hard to take.  

At least in the end the Devs  sort of own up to Kheldians being monsters from beyond the stars who are ....shocking....working for their own ends and humanity is either a tool or something in the way.  But you have to dig into the lore for that.  They also hide it and do not make it explicit enough to turn off the teen vamp..err squid...fanboys.

Edited by Snarky
  • Thumbs Up 1