What is your favorite X/X matched character?

The first live reroll I ran on HC was my first blapper, Blameau, Nrg/Nrg.

Some other pairs I have tried and really enjoyed:

Elec/Elec Scrapper

Dark/Dark Controller

Earth/Earth Dominator (after I read the Trust Fund Dominator thread)

Fire/Fire Sentinel 

others I tried but found not to my taste, usually lacked durability, damage, or end management to a significant degree:

Rad/Rad Tank

On 6/13/2021 at 10:51 AM, Doomguide2005 said:

*Stops* 

*Thinks*

I don't think I've ever deliberately avoided it but thinking on it I can't recall between Live and HC a single character (nope recall one now a DM/DA scrapper) that was matched up like that.  Unless a Plant/Thorns Dominator counts.  None of my 50's were or are such pairings.  

On the other hand I love themed teams including teams of identical set pairs.

yes, plant/thorns was the intended pairing so it counts lol

Sometimes I feel bad about it- like electricity trades An entire secondary effect for nothing if you don’t double down on it… but I still can’t do it lol I really disliked matched pairs!

On 6/13/2021 at 10:12 PM, Lazarillo said:

I very rarely play "matched" characters...I'm not sure if I deliberately avoid them or if it's just coincidence, though I almost lean towards suspecting the former.  It's just more interesting that way, I think, most of the time, to come up with why certain "unmatched" sets end up being matched together?

That said, I do have a few.  An Archery/TA Blaster, and, similarly, a TA/Archery Defender, an a Electric/Electric Brute.  Of those, the Brute is definitely my favorite. My first-ever level 50 villain back in the old days made right at the onset of i7, and one of the early re-makes when HC came around as well.

Although  I’m in the same boat of not matching, I think technically empathy/psi is a matched pair and I bet a large large LARGE number of people did that!! (I know I did, but it’s definitely not because of the psychic connection - it was just the only interesting blast for so long!)

On 6/18/2021 at 8:15 PM, Tyrannical said:

is elec/elec controller a valid pick or is that too recent to have much merit.

Don't see why that wouldn't be valid, EA has been around forever (now) and from a design standpoint is almost perfect in terms of what it can do, what it can't do, and how much you have to invest in it to make it work.  

It's tough for me to call my favorite matched pair; Rad/Rad defender and En/En blaster were my favorites back in the old days, but on HC I think my favorite would be Rad/Rad corruptor... it's like a Rube Goldberg killing machine.

• Thumbs Up 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!