Add/Edit note w/ Global Ignore

This one kind of straddle s Suggestion and General categories.  I wasn't sure which to post into.

Is there any way possible to access one's Add/Edit notes when reviewing the Global Ignore list?   If not, and its doable, which I assume means the ignored need not be online for the Add/Edit note function to work, I'd like to suggest they be connected.

Here's the back story:  weeks back, I ran a team, putting out invitations.  Filled the team ran whatever it was we'd signed up for, and ended.  Next thing to happen was that I get a private text from a player who was not on the team asking why I have them on my global ignore list.  He/She clarified by stating they were using their secondary account to bypass the global ignore to speak with me. 

First off, that's incredibly bad form.  I didn't report them, but was really annoyed, and a little unnerved that someone would make a point of hunting me down with their second account, and wait around to pin me down after we completed our team task.  Obviously, I could have ignored the second account, too, but I've no idea how many accounts they have.

Second, I'd not ignored someone in quite some time and had no remembrance of why.  I asked for the global name believed to be ignored and it was on my list.  However, I couldn't access any of my notes to figure out why I'd done that.  While I find their confrontation via a second account to be really abusive, I do believe in being fair, and lacking the tool I needed to figure out the "why", I opted to remove the name from global ignore.  I've not had any contact since, at least nothing confrontational or even identifying that individual, and I've found no reason to put any name on ignore since then.  That said, I've still got a few names on there and no tool to recall why. 

• Retired Developer

If you know the name of the global, you can type: /playernote global or /player_note global to bring up the dialog for it. It's important not to include the @ symbol before the global.

You can also find your notes in your account name folder in your game directory in playernotes.txt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/14/2021 at 12:19 AM, Naomi said:

If you know the name of the global, you can type: /playernote global or /player_note global to bring up the dialog for it. It's important not to include the @ symbol before the global.

You can also find your notes in your account name folder in your game directory in playernotes.txt

Thanks!!

After testing this out, I'd add that any global name with spaces won't display the notes window with this /playernote function unless it is put in parenthesis.

Edited by Techwright
results of testing