Fly Afterburner

Snarky

you can still take afterburner in fly during a respec.  is this just a mule slot or is there a purpose?  because it is automatic now...

Fly > Afterburner

• Now built into Fly as a free secondary (server tray) power that doesn't require a power pick
    • If you already had Fly, you will now also have Afterburner for free
  • Now a timed toggle (30s duration, 60s cooldown) which increases your flight speed cap by a further 25% (to 102.27mph), and speeds you up significantly
  • No longer applies Only Affect Self or any other effects
    • Evasive Maneuvers has inherited most of Afterburner's old defensive effects
  • Added a Minimal FX customisation theme
  • Null the Gull will allow you to hide Afterburner's pop-up tray

If it's showing up as a power selection during a respec, this should probably go into bug reports.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

The new version of Afterburner doesn't take enhancements, much like Jaunt, Takeoff, and Translocation.  Afterburner no longer requires choosing a power either as the power is included when you take Fly to begin with, also like Jaunt, Takeoff, and Translocation.  A new power was added that replaced Afterburner called Evasive Maneuvers which grants the flight control and out-of-combat defense Afterburner used to provide, as well as more -fly and KB protection and without the "Only Affect Self."  Evasive Maneuvers can still take defense sets so that power can easily LotG mule like Afterburner used to.

1 minute ago, Greycat said:

If it's showing up as a power selection during a respec, this should probably go into bug reports.

The powers do show up in the respec menu I believe, but can't be manually selected.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

*checks name*

Get back to being text-based, you!

🙂

• Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

4 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

> use sword on Greycat

You swing your sword at where you think Greycat is, but you miss.  Perhaps you should illuminate the area before attacking.   

You are holding a sword while standing in the dark.  You are in danger of being eaten by a grue.

>

Edited by Techwright
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1