MOre Hair!

xl8

No!

... just kidding. If/when it's possible, yeah, all for more options.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

6 minutes ago, dangeraaron10 said:

Need more hair options in general...

I have like 5 usable go-to hairstyles in this game.  More customization for beast heads and hats is sorely needed as well, specifically. 

I support!

For fun, count the number of female characters who have Serrated Sugar hair.

(Though male characters have it even worse.  The male hairstyles are dire.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, aethereal said:

That started as my main's hairstyle on CoH when I transferred to Virtue from Victory (it was not an option at the beginning of the game).  Then switched to Hard Candy.

Though, I'm not sure I see as many with Serrated Sugar, as I used to.

Now I need to go thru all my costumes and make statistics on which hairstyles.   Sometimes it's the clipping that makes the hairstyle choice for me.

Off the top of my head, Serrated Sugar, Hard Candy, Glam, and Strange are the ones that tend to used for mine.

Acknowledging that it would be a big undertaking for the Dev team but, 

Heck yeah! Not only do we need hats for the beast heads, but if the various ears from the "Monstrous" heads could be options for the Bird head, that would give us a great way to do griffin heads!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, aethereal said:

Exactly.  "Barbarian" hair is the Male equivalent of Serrated Sugar.  Definitely need more good hair.

I won't turn down more hairstyles in general.

But I reallllllly want to be able to choose a variety of hairstyles for each hat / Helmet

I want a Low Ponytail to go with my Fedora!

Or a Saxon Helm with a crew cut!

Or a baseball cap with Divine hair!

Or... well you get the idea. 

I mean, OK, the giant exposed brain?  Probably doesn't play nice with hats. 

Road Warrior style big spikey mohawk probably doesn't either. 

But Shirly, several more combinations are plausible.

• Like 4

One thing that CO did which could help a lot in this game:

Several slots, including hair, get doubled. You can pick the option twice. Sure, they clip with each other. But it's hair, hair clips with itself IRL! This greatly expanded the number of customization options.

Off hand, being able to do this with hair, detail 1 and 2 on heads, chest details, hips, and backpacks would be great. I don't know if this solution is technically feasible however due to what I read about how CoX stores character data. 

• Like 3

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

33 minutes ago, Sunsette said:

Off hand, being able to do this with hair, detail 1 and 2 on heads, chest details, hips, and backpacks would be great. I don't know if this solution is technically feasible however due to what I read about how CoX stores character data. 

How data is stored can always be changed. But there is that whole Jurassic Park "... you didn't stop to think if you should!" angle, too. 

I'm torn on the main idea. Part of me hates opening the floodgates wide to all possible combinations, because of how much garbage could be produced of just genuinely bad looking combos.  OTOH, there's probably a large number of combinations that would look awesome, and with so many combinations it's probably unrealistic to expect too much to be curated in advance.  Maybe just "let people get creative, and if it sometimes looks like fingerpaints, oh well" is really the best path forward.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MTeague said:

How data is stored can always be changed. But there is that whole Jurassic Park "... you didn't stop to think if you should!" angle, too. 

I'm torn on the main idea. Part of me hates opening the floodgates wide to all possible combinations, because of how much garbage could be produced of just genuinely bad looking combos.  OTOH, there's probably a large number of combinations that would look awesome, and with so many combinations it's probably unrealistic to expect too much to be curated in advance.  Maybe just "let people get creative, and if it sometimes looks like fingerpaints, oh well" is really the best path forward.

If it's any consolation, I feel like people mostly use this power for good in CO -- bad choices with frankenhair exist but usually require more than a casual glance to pick up. CO reborrows a *lot* of basic assets from CoX, including some of the base models for hair.

Edited by Sunsette
  • Like 2

Hair and hat options for beast heads (or even the floating/glass jar ones... how great would it be if you could put a top hat on your brain container or skull?) would be great.

More hair options for hats even better.

For hairstyles in general, it'd be nice to see some curly options aside from female gunslinger. I was looking for curly hair for a male, and the closest was the ambiguous side-part one or an afro, and those look more slightly lumpy than curly hair.

• Retired Developer
14 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Hair's hair, but what I really want is to be able to have a big hair ribbon on my girls that isn't that ugly Gunslinger veil thing.  Can we at least have that?

How big are you talking? Are you asking for the bow without the veil?

On 6/15/2021 at 9:27 AM, xl8 said:

Can we get hair options added to beasts and hats selections?

Not possible right now for two reasons:

• beast heads don't conform to a universal size the way player heads do, and hair needs to be pretty precise around the scalp
  • hats have their hair built into the hat itself, and allowing hair + hats would look very bad most of the time, ignoring the undertaking of what would need to be done behind the scenes to permit it to begin with

A proper solution would involve a hat adjuster slider for fine tuning the PYR and distance of a hat with no hair built into it so it can be adjusted for any hairstyle.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Naomi said:

• beast heads don't conform to a universal size the way player heads do, and hair needs to be pretty precise around the scalp
  • hats have their hair built into the hat itself, and allowing hair + hats would look very bad most of the time, ignoring the undertaking of what would need to be done behind the scenes to permit it to begin with

A proper solution would involve a hat adjuster slider for fine tuning the PYR and distance of a hat with no hair built into it so it can be adjusted for any hairstyle.

I know this is unrelated to hair, but... how feasible would taking the current animated tails and scaling them up to a larger size be?  Larger versions of each existing tail?

2 hours ago, Naomi said:

The oversized bow on that piece is enough, but the veil that comes with it just ruins it in my opinion.

And yes, i'm a fan of comically oversized hair ribbons.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

15 hours ago, Naomi said:

Can I second the request for the bow without the veil because *yeah*

On 6/15/2021 at 8:47 AM, aethereal said:

This, so much.

i think a good start might be taking Malestrom and maybe foreshadow’s hairs since I think those are Player model compatible and just need color tweaking, and to top it off both characters have plenty of unique thing about them that giving out their hair shouldn’t water down their identity.

If I want to wear a hat or helmet, in general my lady supers go bald, with the exception of the cowboy like hat. Would be great if there were more hats with hair, or a way to set hair of choice and super-impose the hat or helmet over it would be even better.

Sue

• Like 1