What the Hell happened to Razer Mice?

Solarverse

12 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

My current mouse is a Steel Series Rival 310.

I replaced a laptop this year and picked up the Steel Series Rival 3 since it's one of the only lower-priced Bluetooth+Wireless optioned mice with a decent gaming sensitivity levels (there's a Logitech 305 I think that's the closest thing, without BT). I chewed on the thing for two weeks, and even after purchasing it and using it I'm still personally aggravated by the switches inside for the mouse clicks compared to Logitech. They feel stiff and require a modicum of extra force in the tap of the finger to get activation/response, but the mouse has a nice weight (light) and has a nice texture and grip to it.

I'm rather torn on it.

Steel Series also has a rather interesting Rival 700 level mouse with customizable buttons I've been looking to try and monkey around with that looks rather interesting.

6 hours ago, Hublinki said:

The only thing I'll use in MMOs (and once I got used to it other games as well) anymore.

Said it earlier, but yes, the G600 is a fantastic mouse! The Naga and the Scimitar--while similar--have some odd differences in their button layout though if you haven't tested them in person.

The Naga's kind of swoops in an arc from front to back inwards with minor divots down the center row (you can kind of see it in the picture you posted) which isn't quite as inituitive for memory/placement as the G600 in my opinion which is two distinct "zones" of front and back sections with raised marker points like an F and J key would have on a keyboard with G13 and G16.

The Scimitar's differences are it swoops down into the base and the 1 and 4 keys are very close to the bottom of the mouse making it hard to click, and while that whole side panel can be repositioned, even at "max height" it's still not enough for a person with even moderately sized thumbs to successfully use. Feel wise most concede that the G600 is also a wider, more palm-filling mouse compared to either of the Naga or the Scimitar as well.

6 hours ago, MTeague said:

the 12-side-button mice are probably more than my brain could handle. 

The original 6-side-button Naga I could have made work.... if it worked for us southpaws.

Logitech G300S is an Ambi mouse out of the box, and the ... Logitech G900 if I recall is convertible (or purchasable) as a southpaw with a couple of thumb buttons and is a gamer-grade mouse. Oh, and the Logitech PRO mouse is technically Ambi, but promoted as just "this is the mouse" kind of thing, no left/right distinction. Steel Series Sensei Ten and 310 are Ambi mice, and there's one of their Rival series...  can't find it anymore.

Technically Razer did/does have a left handed Naga but... yeah.

Adapting to the button mix isn't nearly that complicated, and honestly I just use the first six thumb functions for most of my own utility personally. I use three power trays, first six buttons are 1-6, hitting alt gives me tray 2, and hitting the g-key (ring finger button on the mouse) or ctrl gives me tray 3, so I put all my clicks in those slots.

On 6/16/2021 at 5:16 PM, Solarverse said:

Now, I have bought a Razer Death Adder and the damn right click started glitching out. Like sometimes it would just depress on its own. This had a largest affect when scoping for some games, or turning in City of Heroes. You would scope, then suddenly even though you are still pressing the right mouse button, you are no longer scoping. Or you would go to turn, and then suddenly you are not turning anymore. It was insanely annoying.

Ok, this makes more sense now why when I'm using the right mouse button on my Razer to turn and look during battles, it often drops the "look" and sends a Trade invite to whatever teammate is in front of me. Been driving me crazy!

Time for a new mouse I guess.

I got a Steel Series 650 six months ago and it arrived already broken with a shit mouse wheel sensor, and upon checking online, it turns out this is common for them. Replaced it with a Razer, which just Todd Howards.

Anyone claiming so-and-so company is better quality can eat my entire ass, every time I don't get a Razer, they break, regardless of price point.

Edited by SaintD

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

From what I'm reading in this topic, sounds like I'm lucky my Razor keyboard has been holding up so well.  Granted, the thing is from like 2015, so maybe that was when their quality was better?  It's outlived several mice from different manufacturers, at least!  (A Logitech, a Corsair, and a... I forget but it was a clearance mouse anyway and I didn't like it a ton.)  Don't remember which model it is though.  Likely a Death-something. 

My current mouse though is from some little brand called PICTEK and... well, only a year and a half with it but I quite enjoy the thing.  Could be a little bit bigger and the third thumb button is in a forgettable spot for me so I neglect to use it, but it's otherwise pretty comfy and rather good for the price point.  Good grip, two good thumb buttons (which I've kinda gotten addicted to, don't think I can go back to a 3-button), customizable sensitivity, customizable lighting.  Probably a good one to look at if you're on a budget since, if memory serves, it's like in the $20-30 price range.

I have the lighting on the thing set to only trigger on clicks and movements, which is kinda cool, but no clue how much that's extending the lighting's lifetime versus having it constantly on and shifting colors or doing whatever other fancy programming tricks to it.

6 hours ago, Rumors said:

From what I'm reading in this topic, sounds like I'm lucky my Razor keyboard has been holding up so well.  Granted, the thing is from like 2015, so maybe that was when their quality was better?  It's outlived several mice from different manufacturers, at least!  (A Logitech, a Corsair, and a... I forget but it was a clearance mouse anyway and I didn't like it a ton.)  Don't remember which model it is though.  Likely a Death-something. 

(boldface added for emphasis)

That would also be a Razer...

9 minutes ago, Rumors said:

Errr, yes, I did say I had a Razor keyboard.  Never had a razor mouse though. 

No, I meant a "Death-something" would be a Razer mouse - that is the Razer naming convention; the "Death Adder" line.  I'm not aware of any other mouse manufacturer that labels their mice as "Death" anything.

Edited by Blackbird71

Gave up on Razer years ago after constantly having to replace my mouse every 1.5 to 2 years.  I like the size/shape of the Deathadder though since it doesn't cause discomfort with my hand.   I eventually found the SteelSeries Rival 300 and bought a few of those. (extra as backups after dealing with Razer mice for years) But they always seem to develop a mousewheel issue after a year or so which eventually leads to one of the left or right mouse switches to stop working correctly. (Some were multi-clicks others took heavy pressing to click)

Since I loved the shape/feel of the Rival 300, I ended up finding the Xtrfy M3 which has roughly the same shape. (Same designer) Sadly Xtrfy has seemingly stopped production of the M3 so I can only hoard the mice currently in inventory.

Ah, gotcha.  Well, no idea which model of keyboard this is then.  All I can say is its black, it has green back lighting, it's from Razor, and it's like 6 or so years old.  If you're able to travel back in time to go shopping, I'd recommend whatever model I got.

6 minutes ago, Rumors said:

Ah, gotcha.  Well, no idea which model of keyboard this is then.  All I can say is its black, it has green back lighting, it's from Razor, and it's like 6 or so years old.  If you're able to travel back in time to go shopping, I'd recommend whatever model I got.

Sounds like the Blackwidow.

On 6/17/2021 at 3:19 PM, Naraka said:

spacer.png

That's my mouse, how did you get it? 🙂

I've been using a Tracball for so long I am really lost with a regular mouse. I can do mundane stuff if I have to, but movement in game? If you see me staggering around, I might be using a regular mouse. I need a ball under my thumb to feel comfortable. 😉

49 minutes ago, momentarygrace said:

I've been using a Tracball for so long I am really lost with a regular mouse.

Lol, same here. I can't stand them and I can feel the pain immediately in my wrist/arm trying to use one.

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

I prefer corded mice. I use an older Logitech G-500, and it's perfect for me. It has little weights you can put in to get the right feel, and it doesn't have some bizarre markethypotonic blinkenizer shape, and has a few easily configured settings for sensitivity. I should buy a few before they're gon--- oops, too late. >.<

On 6/16/2021 at 10:33 PM, TheZag said:

I use the logitech g502.  It gets the job done and hasnt had any issues yet.  Bought a second for the laptop.  I just use 4 of the extra buttons but there is a 'g shift' button that lets u switch to a second set of commands on the buttons.  

busted two of these. Original one and the warranty one.

Okay and does the job, but not as resilient as other LogiTech hardware in my experience.

I use LogiTech keyboards and F310s and I stand by those for sure.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.