Maybe it would help if we run away more?

Warboss

Is it me, or has the latest patch instilled the "run like hell" mentality into the mobs. I've just spent several minutes chasing various bosses around the map as they attempt to flee my Tanker's wrath. I don't recall this ever being such an issue. Has anyone else noticed this?

• Sad 1

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

This is rare, but ... Sometimes this happens, and once he gets into the 'ignore taunt' mode, nothing but immobilize will stop him.

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

I've had that experience with both Rom and Req on mission 3, both before and after the recent patch. Taunt them over and over and they'll still refuse to run to you and take off on their own. I wonder if its some sort of aggro cap issue with all the inactive robots? Could they be counting towards the cap and thus the AVs keep dropping off?

The Alphabet Bunnies
Currently Building: Dark/Fire Tanker, Merc/Time MM

50 Bunnies: Alpha Bunny (Il/Rad Controller) Beta-Bunny (FF/BR Defender) Gamma-Bunny (Seismic/Stone Sent) Epsilon Bunny (Spines/Invul Scrapper) Theta Bunny (Willpower/Axe Tanker) Zeta Bunny (DB/EnA Stalker) Lambda Bunny (Bio/SvgM Tanker) Xi Bunny (Stone/Stone Stalker) Sigma Bunny (SR/KM Tanker) Upsilon Bunny (Shield/DM Tanker) Chi Bunny (Fire Farmer Brute) Omega Bunny (Claws/Ninja Scrapper) F - araday Bunny (Elec/Elec Defender)
50 Non-Bunnies: Darboux (Crab Spider) Invisible Icicle (Ice/Bio Stalker) Cooling-Tower (Rad/Ice Tanker) Ferrouscious Feline (Invul/WM Tanker) Bill the Yeti (SavM/Ice Stalker) Sally Salamander (Fire/MA Tanker) Blade Azure (Kat/EnA Scrapper) 

I thought that was standard on ITFs, Romie's always headed for the hills when the Tanks show up (which odd as 6+ Tanks with aggro control should be able to contain him...), but I've noticed this more and more in missions. All of a sudden "x" number of mobs will "run like hell" and there's no way of getting them to come back. Eventually (after a really long time) they  basically wander back to their starting positions, but good luck catching them prior to that. Fortunately today I had a 3 or more KD powers which helped, but still, they'd pop back up and start running again. It was very weird.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

2 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

Is a teammate casting Enflame on you? Iirc it makes foes run like Usain Bolt

Not in my case, I was solo today. I can't speak to the other's experiences.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

I noticed this a few days ago. My first thought was that maybe it had something to do with disorient, because I was playing my sr/ma tanker that has disorient on several attacks along with that chance to disorient IO in taunt.

30 minutes ago, Ratch_ said:

Can confirm it's happening on my tanker now...dunno why.

Tanks are scary?

• Haha 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

On 6/17/2021 at 12:08 PM, Warboss said:

Is it me, or has the latest patch instilled the "run like hell" mentality into the mobs. I've just spent several minutes chasing various bosses around the map as they attempt to flee my Tanker's wrath. I don't recall this ever being such an issue. Has anyone else noticed this?

I did notice them running more, I have not tested it on my Tanker. I'll do so as soon as possible. The main thing I noticed is that they run and don't stop for a while. Used to be they would run away then run back.

Edited by VV

Usually they would run if there were certain nasty debuffs on them, Darkest Night and Radiation Infection spring to mind. However 2 nights ago, Romulus headed for the hills on the 3rd ITF mission, with no debuffs, 2 tanks taunting and one seriously buffed party very irritated that we had to chase him down.

I was playing a widow last night and watched a lot of things run a away for long periods and distances. Also very irritating, especially in Defeat All missions on large maps.

17 hours ago, Magick.Merryl said:

Usually they would run if there were certain nasty debuffs on them, Darkest Night and Radiation Infection spring to mind. However 2 nights ago, Romulus headed for the hills on the 3rd ITF mission, with no debuffs, 2 tanks taunting and one seriously buffed party very irritated that we had to chase him down.

I was playing a widow last night and watched a lot of things run a away for long periods and distances. Also very irritating, especially in Defeat All missions on large maps.

We've seen this before on Tanker Tuesday ITFs, so I never thought is was much of an issue. If this is the case, then Romi has been running for awhile (at least since the first TT ITF here). And yeah, it's nutz.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

22 hours ago, nihilii said:

I haven't had any issue with mobs turning into rabbits.

Are you running any incarnates that apply DoT? Are you fighting many AVs? (He asks, confusedly, knowing who he's asking that question of.) I can't figure out why you AREN'T seeing this behavior.

Edit: It's got to be debuff related. I don't see it happen when I'm solo on a melee with any kind of taunt. I don't recall it happening with BZB Scrap and he has zero taunt in play. I do know it's happened with taunters taunting and smashing but only on teams where debuffs would be in play. I do know it happens on my sentinel because he's a hover blaster.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Are you running any incarnates that apply DoT? Are you fighting many AVs? (He asks, confusedly, knowing who he's asking that question of.) I can't figure out why you AREN'T seeing this behavior.

I've mostly been running /bio Scrappers, and Tankers with damage auras. I haven't teamed lately. I've casted Enflame on my scrappers/tankers (dualboxing) with no trouble. I have fought several AVs at once (LRSF, Tin Mage). I haven't used Darkest Night or Radiation Infection.

I've also played my Fire/Rad Sentinel and haven't seen more running than usual (there are always runners there).

The toggle debuff hypothesis so far would fit with my experience in that I don't use any.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, tested this on my Tank and the problem still exists, but way less than on my Scrapper or Blaster. I've kinda moved toward only soloing with my tank because of this. 

Looking at the bright side, there is now a reason to have a controller on your team. My second favorite AT.

• 2 weeks later

I'm wondering if it is the debuffing aura on Rads. I play them the most and on my other Tanks (a good deal at 50) they would be using incarnate powers... so that might be the place to look. Duo'd my baby fire/elect tonight and didn't have much of the problem. I'll try to keep better track of when it happens. Although when I initially posted the thread, I think I was running an Electric /Stone Melee Tanker... so maybe not...

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

• 3 weeks later

I spent several months doing only solo itf runs at max settings and never ever had an av running with rad armor tanker with darkest night. Radiation toggle debuff used to, sometimes, make holder running in issue 14+. At least when i mained my ice rad Cor. I saw this like 2 or 3 times with rad debuff on HC when i was tanking speedruns with my tw bio scrapper.

Edited by Tsuko

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N