If you could only pick 1 Blaster...

Crowcus Pocus

Beam/TA.

It can solo anything in the game, can outdo fire on raw ST, has more than enough AoE, and has a rather unique playstyle for a blaster.

Also happens to level and exemp rather well.

Edited by ScarySai

• 2 weeks later

Ice/Fire. I’m not going to give you a used car salesman pitch. Just play it, and IO it. You’ll see.

Edited by Seed22

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

BUT BUT... I can't pick just one of my many blasters!!!!! The horror!!!! How could you?!?!

Fine... I choose my Fire/Fire Blaster. YEAH! BURN IT ALL DOWN!!!!!!

@Tax E
** THE UNITED POWERS OF PARAGON **

• 2 weeks later

Water/Fire.  The synergy is by far my favorite.  I have two builds that switch between Ice and Fire epic pools but I tend to lean on Fire for Bonfire.

The beauty of Water/ is that it’s very AoE heavy while /Fire is PBAoE heavy.  Anything that survives the AoE’s are brainwashed little mosquitos heading towards the PBAoE bug zapper that is yourself.  Burn, Cauterizing Aura, Bonfire and Hot Feet (I skipped this as it’s easily turned off if held).  Also in terms of healing, there is an AWESOME synergy with Dehydrate and Cauterizing Aura.  The heal over time is speedy and with capped defenses for R/S/L/E/N, you can easily heal off the hits that get through.  If I REALLY want to be cautious (Mo TF/SF’s), I switch builds to the Ice epic pool for Hoarfrost.  Also, there is a LOT of soft controls thanks to inherent KD in Water/ and Bonfire to add towards your survivability.  Although single target damage isn’t as great as it’s AoE/PBAoE presence, it’s still pretty good thanks to Water Jet.

Overall, with most of my blasters I always feel like I’m yearning for more.  More damage, more survivability, more  control…this one left me impressed.  If you haven’t tried it, I HIGHLY recommend this combination.

Edited by Tacopotamus
  • Thanks 2

Fire/Dev

[Los Infiernos on Reunion]

BUILD

-ST focus & Fireball

-No drones or mines … only smesh!

-Mace or Cold mastery

-Soft SLENR with 40% FCMA

-Built for speed mowing through spread out bosses

ATTACK

-Prep mob with smoke bomb

-Aim+BU+Inferno

-Fireball

-Drop Caltrops and hover above them out of melee range

-ST kill bosses and remaining LTs

-Toxic Web Grenade any flying dangers

-Otra vez

OTHER STUFF

-Very good pvp/arena if you like that sorta thing

-Solo most TFs with relative ease

-Perma 15% stealth, so clickies and sniping are easier

-Great regen and insane recovery

-Positional control with web grenade and caltrops can be bolstered by taking the web grenade AoE in Mace (I don’t)

formerly @JimmyVine (on Infinity & Victory)

currently @Cenozoic (on Reunion)

Cenozoic (Mind/Psionic Dominator) ... Los Infiernos (Fire/Devices Blaster) ... Slof (Stone/Spines Tanker) ... Zen's Furnace (Illusion/Dark Controller) ... Cryovolcano (Earth/Cold Controller)

My Dark Dark main.  Although i do not love the secondary and would kill for a Ranged T9 this Blaster is a beast.  I run Soul as the epic/patron and therefore have four cones giving a complete AoE chain from range.  I run in 3 ‘modes’ ST burndown, ranged AoE fire support, and PB burst damage.  I am currently running one of these through all Redside story arcs to learn the more subtle aspects of the combo.  For instance at low level that cone knockback and cheesy T1 secondary immobilize are crazy useful

ice/ice/flame permahasten

stacking dots are always fun.  ice storm+embrace keeps things in rain at low levels and later on a good Blizzard is always nice meanwhile rise of the phoenix colored lightblue is basically another attack.  2 50+++++ rech, dmg/rech random, 1 OF KB>KD

16 hours ago, Tantricsecrets said:

Rad/Fire so far is my favorite. I have 6 pbaoe attacks so nothing lives long, and can rotate snipe, neutrino, and cosmic for single target. Built for recharge then soft capped s/l.

How is rads dmg compared to other sets?

Edited by Elia87

My Rad/Atomic has taken first place.  The animations are fun, she's solid 1 through 50, and the Achilles procs should make her competitive with a Fire/Fire.  And she glows!

• Thumbs Up 1

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

18 hours ago, Elia87 said:

How is rads dmg compared to other sets?

From my understanding, it's OK out of the box but the Achilles procs can give its single target chain a really nice boost.

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

On 6/19/2021 at 12:05 PM, Falsey said:

I'll shamelessly admit that I have 23 L50 Blasters and I'm not stopping there. So far, Fire/Temp holds a special place in my heart, as it was the first toon I soloed MsLib on +4/8 with. It does amazing ST damage, brutal AoE, and it's just oh-so-smooth to play with. And I also love the fact that it's not a FOTM combo and still holds some uniqueness to it.

So, if you had to delete all your Blasters and only keep one... which one would it be?

Just call me Beavis...

Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire....heheheh

• Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

I like DP/MA because I never have to click build up!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

• 2 weeks later

My Fire/MA. He's the only character I've got purple sets for and AT-specific IOs for. Max Incarnate stuff, he's tons of fun to play and borders on impossible to kill. I have tons of Blasters but he's still my favorite. He's one of my few Blaster characters that saved Kadabra from the bosses in DA within the time limit.

My Ice/Ice/Cold checks all the right boxes:

Strong damage (particularly ST)

Quick animations

Lots of control 

Survivable and sturdy 

Visually and thematically appealing 

Solos and teams well equally.

Like having my own little Killer Frost. Everything stays put, and after their first attack volley almost everything just gets to twiddle their thumbs due to stacked slows. Even War Wolves get to sit down and take a time out, due to holds and Ice patch.

Edited by Force Redux

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Recently begun to main an Elec/Elec as a sort of high risk/high reward blapper.

Zapp, Charged Brawl, Havoc Punch, and Thunder Strike while under Build Up and Aim just straight up delete Bosses and Elite Bosses.  Just soloed Faultline’s EBs last night with only SOs.

Eventually I’ll have the shields and some Defense to live in melee, at which point I can start rocking the End Drain Sapper tactics too.  That’s lategame, though.

E3 was actually one of my earliest mains back on Live, and it’s crazy how much more enjoyable it is with the snipe and secondary changes.  Lot has changed since ‘05.