what happened to the price of large inspirations?

DougGraves

The market never made sense.  Large reds would go for 50k some days and 10k other days.  You could buy 3 yellows for 2k and then combine them and sell them as a red for 50k.

But prices seems to have just crashed in the past month and now all of the large inspirations seem to be 500 to 2k in price.

Did something better come out that caused large inspirations to lose their value?

• Thumbs Up 1

No, @DougGraves is right.  I've noticed this a lot over the last few weeks.  You can still occasionally make sales of large in low 5 digit territory, but for the most part it is a buyers' market.

I suspect it's that we've hit a critical mass where either enough people use Inner Inspiration powers, or enough people don't seem to need inspirations nearly as much as they once did.

Or maybe it's a blip, but it's been going on for a bit.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

These last few weeks I've been flooding the market with T4 inspirations. It lowered the price for them considerably. I wonder if that has led to a dropoff in demand for T3 inspirations?

• Like 2

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

I've noticed this, as well.  I used to get Inner Inspiration just to sell the insp for 50k a pop and get a lowbie off to a good start without having to send inf from my main.  I haven't a rolled a new toon lately, but I won't be getting Inner Inspiration next time because of the market crash on insp prices. 

I wonder how much badging has to do with it?  When I am working on my selling badges, I just toss anything up for next to nothing just to get the badge, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  But then, how many badgers can be still working on those?  Shrug.  I just take it as some kind of supply/demand thing and move on.

4 hours ago, wjrasmussen said:

Are we getting more players because we are in the summer break portion of the school year?

... tell the kids to go back outside and play so the price goes back up? :)

• Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

OTOH, the price of some Hami-O's was spiking for a while a day or so ago, with prices for the everyman's Nucleolus going above 100M.  A whole bunch of sales I had forgotten were out there hit these past couple days.  I suspect someone's running a racket with them. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I've been selling Mediums and Larges since the beginning of Homecoming, and typically list all my stuff at 1 just to get rid of it ASAP.  The prices have progressively diminished over time.  It used to be that Lucks would sell of upwards of 5,000 instantly.  Now I see them hitting as low as 50 on occasion.  I haven't been able to sell an Insight in about a week.  There was a period of time when I have about 70 Bounce Backs just sitting my various characters' auction slots, waiting to go but no demand.

The day the Devs add Scrapping/Recycling Recipes for Inspirations and Generic IOs will be a very, very good day.

On 6/19/2021 at 4:15 PM, America's Angel said:

These last few weeks I've been flooding the market with T4 inspirations. It lowered the price for them considerably. I wonder if that has led to a dropoff in demand for T3 inspirations?

To build on what Angel said, I think we have a HUGE Incarnate population now, drowning in threads and looking for places to spend them. And if you don't need C or UC salvage, that pretty much leaves Inspirations

• Thumbs Up 1

*shrugs*

I've never listed inspirations on the AH. Not back on Live, and not now. I disabled the inspiration types I don't use on a given character, and if I get large inspirations it's of a type I find useful. So it will end up getting used at some point.