Build up vs. Assault

damnimgood

I asked this question in game, and got various answers, was wondering what everyone thought here. Assault is longer, but someone set you can gauss slot Build Up. Or what about Build up and Hasten? Or do I take both buildup and assault? What you you fine, knowledgeable message board people think? 😁

Assault on a brute is 10.5% +dmg, barely noticeable alongside Fury (which typically provides about 200% +dmg). I would definitely skip.

Build Up is 80% +dmg, with the Gaussian's proc adding another 80%. If you slot no recharge and just the proc, its virtually guaranteed to go off every time you use Build Up. Not essential, but worth taking if you've got a spare power pick that you don't want to spend slots on. I frequently take it at lvl 49.

Hasten will make Build Up available more frequently without impacting the chance of the Gaussian's proc going off. Whether you need it for your attack chain or other powers depends on your primary/secondary and power selections.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

• 2 weeks later

For me it's not quite as straightforward as it is for @Uun

• Do I often team on larger teams or in leagues vs solo or small teams
  • Am I already planning on taking from the Leadership pool?
  • Am I tight on power choices or not?

While I often do skip Assault on a Brute the above comes into play on the decision and it's a long way from always skip.  If I'm almost always teaming and often in League play that's not 'just' +10.5% damage for me it's a +10.5% boost to every attack made by everyone within 60ft (up to 255 allies) of my Brute.  And that can really add up fast on a League.  Solo starts looking at the other bullet points.  If I've got the power choice available and already planning on Leadership (often for Maneuvers and/or Tactics) then Assault is far more likely.

As for Build Up yes I'm almost always going to take BU and as pointed out it's a great place to put the Gaussian's proc.

So yes if the build has the room I'm going to take both whenever possible.

I usually lean into Build Up with a Gaussian’s ToHit/Recharge, Gaussian’s Proc, and a 50 Recharge IO.  That should put you around 75% enhanced recharge, still netting you a proc nearly every time, but making up for proc misses by being available that much more often.  

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!