Server down?

jaywashere

1 minute ago, Petraness said:

I've only been on Homecoming for a week so I don't have any screenshots of my costume, but I would love to see a screenshot costume contest!  I love seeing other people's creativity!

Look here then 😄

4 minutes ago, Oklahoman said:

I used to work for a software company based in France, and a lot of the employees there go "on holiday" for extended periods of time this time of year. So, to add to your question, it's possible they are short staffed right now.

And here I thought you had spent your life on the open prairie..

5 minutes ago, goatmonster said:

I see Torchbearer is back up...

The first and still the best!

(Unfortunately, it is still not opened to players. "DoctorDitko is not allowed to access this server. Reason: Stability testing before we open it for general use.")

Edited by DoctorDitko
update
  • Thumbs Up 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

16 minutes ago, damnimgood said:

Their first words are gonna be.."Did you try turning it off, and turning it on again?"

GUARANTEED.

"Have you tried pulling it out, blowing on it, putting it back in, jiggling it, smacking it and shaking it?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

25 minutes ago, Nerio72 said:

Any minute now they will call @Telephoneto ask if they have tried rebooting yet. And if its "plugged in".

Is it plugged in? Classic.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

Hey, it's still progress!  This is great!  Also, let me take this opportunity to thank those working hard to bring it back up, and who brought Homecoming online in the first place.  I've moped about for years about how much I miss CoX and I love you guys!  Also, I love this community, never has there been an equal to City's folk!

• Thumbs Up 2

Percussive maintenance, my old friend!

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Hmm... If we need a Karen to "deal with the issue", I could probably cosplay one in a pinch. I mean... middle-aged, soccer-mom type suburban white chick with a bobbed hair-do? I already look the part. All I have to do is figure out how to be relentless and demanding. How hard could that be?

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Haha 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

1 hour ago, Blackbird71 said:

The downtime doesn't upset me.  Things happen, technology fails, and stuff has to be fixed.

What bothers me though is the apparent ~10 hours between HC submitting a ticket and OVH actually opening/assigning the ticket, which certainly seems like quite a gap for a company that boasts three different tech teams all providing 24/7 support.  Let's allow them to handle the immediate problem first, but I certainly hope that this response is addressed the next time CoH looks at their server arrangement and considers any changes or moves.

Just like that time when defense failed in game!

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

11 minutes ago, Dazl said:

Is it plugged in? Classic.

You'd be surprised how often that's the correct answer.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Welcome home, Mondo!

Sorry the place is a mess. It's the French Maid's day off.

1 minute ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I work for a cable company, I believe it.

• Haha 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

34 minutes ago, Max Firepower said:

I don’t work in IT, but is it likely that much happens at 10:30 pm in France, work-wise?

The people I know that do work in IT are support for various agencies/entities that demand immediate support, and contract/pay big money for it.  I am not disparaging anyone on HC for their time, effort, or focus.  I intended to ask if IT support commonly gets things done during night hours, I suppose.

The issue here is OVH support, not HC.  They claim 24/7 support by three different tech teams to address various issues.

https://www.ovh.com/world//us/about-us/support.xml

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, MondoStink said:

Legit just found out this game was still going earlier today lmao. Used to play this shit back in high school with a friend.

Welcome back, Mondo.

This down-time really is unusual for Homecoming. 'First time in the last two years it's gone down for anything close to  this long. The most we typically see is the short and routine downtime for resets and updates and such.

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

7 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

http://i.imgur.com/JcspoU2.jpg

Edited by Luminara
  • Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.