Server down?

jaywashere

12 minutes ago, MindCurrent said:

This is preposterous!

We pay good money for this service and to have it crash without warning is a slap in the face!!

I fully expect a refund for a portion of my subscription!!!

....Not sure if serious.

• City Council
2 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

Well now im terrified for the health of my characters.

Data is completely intact and we make regular backups both on and off site, so no worries there! This is purely a networking issue across the private VLAN our servers rely on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 11

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

6 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

oh whew.

Yeah this is great to know. Presumably, even if these servers got taken down, the Homecoming team could spin up new servers somewhere else fairly quick...so long as they aren't taken down as well, ahem. Hopefully this isn't a NCSoft DDoS as a first step towards...I'd rather not think about it! 😱

• Sad 2

Game over man, game over!

1 minute ago, Nostromo21 said:

Yeah this is great to know. Presumably, even if these servers got taken down, the Homecoming team could spin up new servers somewhere else fairly quick...so long as they aren't taken down as well, ahem. Hopefully this isn't a NCSoft DDoS as a first step towards...I'd rather not think about it! 😱

Yeah I admit that is a bit worrying, but I think the team has things on the ball.

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

From the Homecoming Discord:

Telephone — Today at 12:33 AM
Update: We're currently waiting on ticket response from OVH. We've filed it and also called in to their support, but still have no ETA. Our current belief is that they will not respond for several more hours.

We're looking at figuring out some alternate solutions, but expect that we will be down for at least another 6-12 hours. We apologize and we'll update you as soon as we know anything.

To be 100% clear: Your characters and data are safe. Homecoming is in no danger and we will resume service ASAP.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I just checked OVHs site for server status.

Copying this info here just in case it helps, Cipher

The incident theyre showing on their page happened in April but the contact info below might help you get in touch with them.

Please note: only OVHcloud US customers with Bare Metal servers in Strasbourg, France have been impacted by this incident. At this moment, all impacted US customers have been contacted individually and offered solutions to address their situation with Bare Metal server(s) hosted in Strasbourg. If you have not responded to our email yet, please reply ASAP or contact our customer support team via your OVHcloud Control Panel. For more details, please see the communications channels below: - An FAQ is available here - support.us.ovhcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/360062168254 - Our main communication tool remains this incident tracking platform. - To follow updates about this situation in real time: - Octave Klaba’s Twitter account: twitter.com/olesovhcom - OVHcloud Twitter: twitter.com/ovhcloud_US All communication channels, including our incident tracking platform, are regularly updated to keep you informed in real time.

https://status.us.ovhcloud.com/

Edited by Zapped