Server down?

jaywashere

How can you appreciate my patience when it doesn't exit?!

Just kidding, I just wanted ta pew pew pew some faces.  Thanks for all you crazy people do for us!

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, MishaFox said:

Any update on this?

It appears to me the devs have updated us through various means. It's going to take several hours. As noted in other forum threads, for a volunteer groups of admins, Homecoming has experienced amazing percentage of availability from the beginning. I appreciate all the good work of the Homecoming team.

• Thumbs Up 5

• City Council
1 hour ago, MishaFox said:

Any update on this?

We haven't heard anything back from OVH yet, and tests performed about 30 minutes ago show that the problem is still occurring. We'll provide updates when available via the forums and our Discord.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

7 minutes ago, jaywashere said:

Still down huh? I was hoping it would be up by the time I woke up. Thanks for all the information everyone! Day 6 back from 2012 and I’ve been hooked!

Trust me, a lot of us are worried about this very same problem and the length of time the servers have been down. 😞

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

Oh my, the last thing I did ingame and completed just literally before the server went down was to create a lovely new tank.

I was stood at the bottom of the steps up to Miss L waiting for the popup countdown to complete when the world went dark.

Now I cannot wait to get back in and play my new tank so powerful it beat the whole game by just being there, yippee, this is going to be some journey🥳

Any apologies to to all for its pure awesomness used while not in my control, I shall smack its ankiles when we get back in 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Oh great, did OVH burn down ANOTHER Server facility...?

It's a riddle to me how a company can operate like this...

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

4 minutes ago, Bananiac said:

Oh great, did OVH burn down ANOTHER Server facility...?

It's a riddle to me how a company can operate like this...

I honestly wouldn't be surprised. They seem to have some really poor luck with hosting COH servers as a whole, from the history I've seen.

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

6 hours ago, Nostromo21 said:

Is that a new primary or secondary they are patching in!? 😉

It will have the new power effect of "wait" and a new "wait" enhancement will be added.

If your target is taking damage, a power with "wait" will not go off until the target is no longer taking damage. Over the time that the power is in "wait" status, can not unlock from the current target and it slowly gains additional damage over time.

If the target falls before the "wait" period is over, the damage done turns into absorb that is dispersed equally among the characters that are targeting the target when they were defeated based on the damage of the attack itself and the damage accumulated through the "wait" mechanic.

I know, what are you supposed to do if a someone has a damage field going?

I guess you will just have to "wait" until they are defeated.

So you might also want to wait and carefully pick a target.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

13 minutes ago, Player2 said:

This is a terrible way to spend my day off.

This is merely a statement of fact and in no way a complaint at the Homecoming team as I understand that this is not their fault or within their control.

Just sayin, before someone chastises me forgiving Homecoming a hard time.

• Thumbs Up 4

29 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

It's an imperfect world. Screws fall out all the time. But this is why we have other games! For something to do when we can't log into CoH.

Is “other games” a real thing?  🤔😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

They picked up Telephone!

Hey, that could be another red-side contact to go with Radio and Television.  Except that if it's an OVH telephone, it only answers once every 12 hours.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 2