Server down?

jaywashere

You know, in my head cannon, I went back in time and Mom turned off the servers because I was playing instead of doing the dishes, so when they went down, I got up and did the dishes.  I'm doing laundry today.  Maybe if I do enough sacrificial housework, the servers will come back up.  Superstition has always worked better for me than explaining technical stuff, so let me have my delusions. 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

15 minutes ago, Pankratios said:

Returning player after live server shut down 12859494059383954848 years ago.

Just want to say THANK YOU to everyone involved with keeping these servers and game going! Hopefully the severs will be back up soon.

I know it! Evolution isnt true. Even after that many years Video games cant make us evolve. I still spell just as bad.

• Haha 1

An Ounce of Pounce is worth a Pound of Bounce.

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

This hasn't happened in the two years I have been playing on the Homecoming servers. I definitely isn't the norm and it is not something that the Homecoming team has any control over. The fact that you used quotes around 'cheap out,' makes me think you are implying that there is a lack of diligence on behalf of the Homecoming team, which is wholly inaccurate. 

Wow..there are to many touchy homers on these forums. Let people express their views without being a douche.

• Thumbs Down 7

On another note.  I remembers that even the 4ms wend down yesterday. So what happen d there?  Where they at one time packed in with the game and got moved to someplace else so we have sompin to do?

Edit

happen d <-- where'd my e go?  O I dont have an ego 8Ð

Edited by Pouncy

An Ounce of Pounce is worth a Pound of Bounce.

Finally worked out a Dominator build I'm actually interested in playing. Dang. Gotta wait. I guess I'll play Hero Designer on some other AT's I never play. Hope this gets worked out soon, otherwise Human form PB building is going to rot my brain.

Telephone — Today at 2:28 PM
Update: We're still waiting on a reply from OVH. In the meantime, we've also lost the ability to access one of our servers, so we've filed a second ticket for that server. We still have no ETA for when we will be up.

We tried an alternate method of overlay networking in hopes that it would allow us to resume service, but unfortunately the first attempt was unsuccessful. We'll continue attempts to get this to work.

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Homecoming has been remarkably stable for over 2 years. I think you have some sick days stored up for this.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

21 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Telephone — Today at 2:28 PM
Update: We're still waiting on a reply from OVH. In the meantime, we've also lost the ability to access one of our servers, so we've filed a second ticket for that server. We still have no ETA for when we will be up.

We tried an alternate method of overlay networking in hopes that it would allow us to resume service, but unfortunately the first attempt was unsuccessful. We'll continue attempts to get this to work.

When the servers are back online, I want to make a villain named OVH Tech Support, who never responds to any messages.  I'd level him up a bit then park him in Warburg where people can come by and beat the everloving crap out of him as therapy.  Consider it a public service. 

I just need to figure out the right AT for a "unresponsive tech support" villain.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

It occurs to me we have a few servers worth of GMs with not much to do. (Excluding the engineers battling the problem, of course.)

This inspires two thoughts:

1. It might not be the best time to start a flamewar on the forums. Someone will probably notice.
  2. We should have enough people to run an old-fashioned RPG. Tabletop Champions, anyone?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

1 minute ago, DoctorDitko said:

It occurs to me we have a few servers worth of GMs with not much to do. (Excluding the engineers battling the problem, of course.)

This inspires two thoughts:

1. It might not be the best time to start a flamewar on the forums. Someone will probably notice.
  2. We should have enough people to run an old-fashioned RPG. Tabletop Champions, anyone?

Used to LOVE tabletop Champions. My old Brick Shatter was a powerhouse...

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Zhym said:

AT for a "unresponsive tech support" villain

Petless Mastermind of course, his Pets even despise him, so they left.

• Haha 4

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

4 minutes ago, Marine X said:

Petless Mastermind of course, his Pets even despise him, so they left.

I have an "All Whipchain" toon planned in a 2nd build for my Demons/Electric Affinity. Everything pretty much looks like a firechain.

(Off to mids!)

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.