What secondary works bear with ice blast?

00Troy00

All of them? 

Ice has excellent single target damage thanks to the animation times being low and Freeze Ray existing (not Bitter Freeze Ray though, that's annoying / skippable).  AoE isn't amazing so anything with a nice chunk of AoE in the secondary should pair especially well. 

Mine is an Ice/Fire Damage over time blapper. Get in close. Drop Ice Storm or Blizzard > Burn > FSC and then start point blank blasting and fire swording my way through the toughest thing in the spawn while everything else gradually melts from the DoTs and your damage auras. 

One reason I like it is that it's not an "insta-nuke" build so it feels more team friendly. Everyone has a chance to bust out their powers, you aren't going to be Buildup + Aim + Nuke = deathing everything in 5 seconds. Downside is that it can be scattery if you don't have an aggro-holder on the team. Things will tend to try to get the hell away from you (the slows from Hotfeet and Ice Storm help but things like Warwolves can be annoying). 

• 2 weeks later

Probably Bear secondary since you asked for bear.

Ice/Bear is a beast. No natural predators, apex of the food chain.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Great, now I gotta roll a bear alt.

Again.

• Haha 4

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

12 hours ago, 1seanv said:

I'd probably go with ice/em or ice/rad.

/em because power boost will make your slows brutal with ice, and rad because if the recharge and other good stuff I'm forgetting atm.

How much recharge would I need to have Power Boost back up by the time it expires?

I don't know that offhand, but with hasten, couple lotg, and a couple purp sets - that'd probably do it. I'd mostly use it when dropping your rain and blizzard powers.

Edited by 1seanv

19 hours ago, 00Troy00 said:

How much recharge would I need to have Power Boost back up by the time it expires?

70% Hasten : 2 IO 50 recharge, +5 boost (Perma)

130% Global recharge

--------------

180% Perma recharge Hasten, results in the following

15 seconds duration, 15.75 recharge for Power Boost slotted  2 IO 50 recharge, +5 boost

30 seconds Duration,  15.75 recharge second down while its recharge for Boost Range slotted 2 IO 50 recharge, +5 boost

Throw in Ageless Total Inovcation and its all perma but lots of clicking.  Its possible to reduce some of the global recharge requirements and Ageless could make up the difference.

Perma Hasten, Power Boost, Boost Range.  Problem is the clicking, but you could go with a Hasten/Boost range macro like a dominator and click boost range.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

I'm working on an Ice/Sonic build that focuses on Holds.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

I love that you never edited the title. I have an ice ice cold Blaster that is very good.  I do recommend getting macros for the rains.  One to center the rain on a target one to center it in yourself.  For each rain so four macros

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

Panda was popular and still is I think.  Koala was big in the 80s, Teddy was big before that.  Animatronic for the off-meta choice.

Serious answer, I really like the synergy of ice/electric as a blapper.  That extra stacks up a lot of hold magnitude with very high damage output.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

On 6/23/2021 at 8:16 PM, 00Troy00 said:

Thanks!

Ice/NRG is working well for me. The combination of single target control with the melee attacks from EM is potent.

I'm also running Ice/Martial. I started it as a Mortal Kombat rip off of Sub Zero but it turned out to be really fun and effective. And once again the Trap and Slap mechanic works with that combo too. Dragon's tail helps fill in for the lackluster AoE of the primary also.