Siren: My many Widows (Night, Fortunata, and Proc-Heavy builds)

15 hours ago, Bopper said:

Thoughts going forward: I'm wondering if I should move a slot from Telekinetic Blast (currently muling 4% damage buff) to slot a +5 recharge into Aim. I haven't done so already because I always pair Aim with Wail in my gameplay so there's no need to have it cooldown faster. However, if I want to squeeze more out of my ST attack chain, having more uptime on Aim could prove beneficial. I'm also wonder about moving the proc in Strike and put it back into CJ. The extra regen and defense (even if small) might be more worth it in the long run. 

I see you've done some tweaking, so I'll make a few comments without knowing exactly where you landed. I have a distinctly different approach to my (solo) Fortunata, so my feelings won't be hurt by counter opinions.

My (ranged only, solo) Fortunata has two slots in Aim, with the second being a +5 Recharge IO. On the build from the post I am quoting, I would pull the %proc out of Strike for it. I get the sense that you are walking a line between having enough Accuracy/ToHit to support the %procs... I have more set bonuses so it is hard for me to judge, but I found that my Fortunata didn't really need more Accuracy. Similarly, I didn't chase Damage buffs from sets... even with MOAR damage, most attacks have damage from set slotting.

What is your (practical) up-time on Mind Link? I ask for a couple of reasons:

1. It seems like you are juggling a lot between Rune of Protection, Hasten, Mind Link... I'm aware it can be done (and occasionally do such things myself) but as a practical matter on my Fortunata I find myself not using it so much solo (but I rarely bother with +4 solo) and with teams I try to keep it up on the team (or troubled allies) more than for my benefit.
  2. If you aren't keeping Mind Link up "perma", I think you eek out slightly more (positional) Defense (without Mind Link clicked, but with Evasive Maneuvers toggled on) by putting Reactive Defenses into Evasive Maneuvers. This is a different sort of 'numbers' game that factors in play style,

I went with alternate slotting for Foresight, Mind Link and Mask Presence. I have no Sorcery pool in my build, I also forgo the Kismet piece, so CT:Defensive holds a LotG. I don't have Maneuvers in my build. If the level at which the powers are picked seems odd, just imagine I have certain powers I want at lower level content. For reference Defense/Resistance slotting is:

Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A)

Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(A), LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(13)

Level 22: Foresight -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(29), LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(29)

Level 24: Mind Link -- AdjTrg-Rchg:50(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg:50(31), LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(31)

Level 30: Mask Presence -- Rct-Def:50(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(37), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg:50(37), Rct-Def/Rchg:50(39), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(39), Rct-ResDam%:50(39)

Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A)

28 minutes ago, tidge said:

What is your (practical) up-time on Mind Link? I ask for a couple of reasons:

1. It seems like you are juggling a lot between Rune of Protection, Hasten, Mind Link... I'm aware it can be done (and occasionally do such things myself) but as a practical matter on my Fortunata I find myself not using it so much solo (but I rarely bother with +4 solo) and with teams I try to keep it up on the team (or troubled allies) more than for my benefit.
  2. If you aren't keeping Mind Link up "perma", I think you eek out slightly more (positional) Defense (without Mind Link clicked, but with Evasive Maneuvers toggled on) by putting Reactive Defenses into Evasive Maneuvers. This is a different sort of 'numbers' game that factors in play style,

In regular content, I set my Mind Link to auto (and I manually click Ageless and Hasten when Ageless comes off cooldown). In the build, Mind Link is not quite perma (93.74s, but a 3.67s cast time which would put it on a 97.5s cycle). However, Ageless and the Force Feedback proc in Psinado typically gets the cooldown to a perma level. Since this is an offensive focused build, I lack in defense from other sources which makes for reducing Mind Link's uptime difficult. Rune of Protection isn't really a juggle unless it's on cooldown and I'm in trouble. I never use it until I take a significant hit (usually at 50% Health or lower). Demonic Aura is in my back pocket as a lesser version of RoP (30% resistance for 60s on a 10m cooldown). If both are on cooldown, then I'm having to hope Aura of Confusion is available if I am in a dicey situation. That probably sounds like a lot to juggle, but it's not bad, just situational emergency procedures used reactively. 

35 minutes ago, tidge said:

My (ranged only, solo) Fortunata has two slots in Aim, with the second being a +5 Recharge IO. On the build from the post I am quoting, I would pull the %proc out of Strike for it. I get the sense that you are walking a line between having enough Accuracy/ToHit to support the %procs... I have more set bonuses so it is hard for me to judge, but I found that my Fortunata didn't really need more Accuracy.

I would like to add a recharge IO to Aim, as shaving ~5s off its recharge would be useful in my ST attack chain. However I am so used to waiting to use Aim for Psi Wail that even if I gave Aim an extra recharge I don't think I would use it that more often.

As for the build itself, mine could use more accuracy which is why I have left the Kismet in CT: Defensive. Some of my attacks, especially when exemplared, will need that extra To-Hit to avoid missing too often. 

• Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

6 minutes ago, scottocamp said:

Your lovechild looks amazing!!

Don't get your hopes up just yet. Just came across this 

I'll need to go on Beta to see if this is even possible.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

27 minutes ago, Bopper said:

That probably sounds like a lot to juggle, but it's not bad, just situational emergency procedures used reactively. 

As for the build itself, mine could use more accuracy which is why I have left the Kismet in CT: Defensive. Some of my attacks, especially when exemplared, will need that extra To-Hit to avoid missing too often. 

I am very familiar with the 'situational' aspects of a Fortunata's toolkit. I actually use Aura of Confusion on offense (with %damage) as I have the Coercive Persuasion in the single-target Confuse. I won't try to sway you away from your power choices.

I'm also well aware of the potential to suffer from lack of Accuracy/ToHit at low levels. My own build has franken-slotted Dominate (5x %damage, with an extra Damage) and Psychic Scream (3x %damage and ATO %terrorize, with a pair of boosted Centrioles... because CONES).  I really only suffer in extremely low-level content that has seriously boosted enemies... but I took Aim at lvl 20 to help for most of that.

Oh... for the record, I played around with Total Domination in my build(s) and I don't remember every trying to put the ATO in it. AoE Holds are obviously good %damage sources, but I found it wasn't available enough to really make a difference for me.

17 minutes ago, tidge said:

Oh... for the record, I played around with Total Domination in my build(s) and I don't remember every trying to put the ATO in it. AoE Holds are obviously good %damage sources, but I found it wasn't available enough to really make a difference for me.

You would be right, I just tested this on Beta. The power is set up to accept the ATO, however the power isn't set up to accept Damage enhancements so I think that's the barrier. No matter, it would be a bug if it could accept it as no other non-damage attack I know of can accept damage ATOs

Based on this new information, there are two options @scottocamp.  Move the 5 slots into Telekinetic Blast (5-piece Dominion of Arachnos and the Spider's Bite Global), then use two slots in Total Domination to do as you choose. But keep in mind, TD has base 0.80x accuracy. I was thinking of two-piece Lockdown: Acc/Recharge, +2 Hold. This will give a 3% damage buff which makes up for the loss of the 4% damage buff a two-piece Spider's Bite was giving. However the cooldown will be 88s (ageless and FF proc will help though).

Or, the other option is to take Spin instead of Total Domination and give it the 5 piece Dominion of Arachnos set. Then it becomes user's choice with the last enhancement slot (give it to Spin as a damage proc? give it to CJ for extra defense and regen?). Anyways, here are the two builds:

Total Domination

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Siren's Blood: Level 50 Mutation Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Fortunata Training
Secondary Power Set: Fortunata Teamwork
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(37), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- Ksm-ToHit+(A)
Level 2: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc-I(A)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Def(7), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 6: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 8: Follow Up -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), GldStr-%Dam(11), TchofDth-Dam%(13), Mk'Bit-Dam%(13)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(15)
Level 12: Psionic Tornado -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(15), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(17), PstBls-Dam%(17), ExpStr-Dam%(19), FrcFdb-Rechg%(19)
Level 14: Lunge -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Hct-Dam%(21), Mk'Bit-Dam%(23), GldStr-%Dam(23), TchofDth-Dam%(25)
Level 16: Dominate -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(25), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(27), NrnSht-Dam%(27), GldJvl-Dam%(29), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(29)
Level 18: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 24: Mind Link -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 26: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34), UnbGrd-ResDam(34), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36)
Level 28: Total Domination -- Lck-%Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(36)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dmg(42), Apc-Dam%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42), CldSns-%Dam(43), Dcm-Build%(43)
Level 38: Aura of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(43), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(45), CrcPrs-Conf%(46)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), JvlVll-Dam%(46), PstBls-Dam%(47), CldSns-%Dam(47), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(47)
Level 44: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(48), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Mrc-Rcvry+(5)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(5)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Longbow Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
------------
------------

Spin

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.6

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(3)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Def(7), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 8: Follow Up -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), GldStr-%Dam(11), TchofDth-Dam%(13), Mk'Bit-Dam%(13)
Level 12: Psionic Tornado -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(15), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(17), PstBls-Dam%(17), ExpStr-Dam%(19), FrcFdb-Rechg%(19)
Level 14: Lunge -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Hct-Dam%(21), Mk'Bit-Dam%(23), GldStr-%Dam(23), TchofDth-Dam%(25)
Level 16: Dominate -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(25), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(27), NrnSht-Dam%(27), GldJvl-Dam%(29), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(29)
Level 24: Mind Link -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 26: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34), UnbGrd-ResDam(34), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36)
Level 28: Spin -- SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(A), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(36), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dmg(42), Apc-Dam%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42), CldSns-%Dam(43), Dcm-Build%(43)
Level 38: Aura of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(43), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(45), CrcPrs-Conf%(46)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), JvlVll-Dam%(46), PstBls-Dam%(47), CldSns-%Dam(47), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(47)
Level 44: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(48), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(49)
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Geas of the Kind Ones 
Level 50: Eye of the Magus 
------------
------------

Those choices remind me of why (for my ranged-only Fortunata) I took Confuse at level 28 and fitted it with Coercive Persuasion, leaving Aura of Confusion as the %damage PBAoE, working it into my regular offensive cycle. As I have written elsewhere, I like scoring %damage as part of the mass confuse in order to get onto the drop tables. Having the single-target Confuse (even with %contagious) takes some getting used to if you are coming from the PoV of MOAR DAMAGE... If so, then I'd recommend the Spin route.

@Gulbasaur can describe the joys of having certain enemy LTs buff/heal you (or debuffing other enemies).

5 minutes ago, tidge said:

Those choices remind me of why (for my ranged-only Fortunata) I took Confuse at level 28 and fitted it with Coercive Persuasion, leaving Aura of Confusion as the %damage PBAoE, working it into my regular offensive cycle. As I have written elsewhere, I like scoring %damage as part of the mass confuse in order to get onto the drop tables. Having the single-target Confuse (even with %contagious) takes some getting used to if you are coming from the PoV of MOAR DAMAGE... If so, then I'd recommend the Spin route.

@Gulbasaur can describe the joys of having certain enemy LTs buff/heal you (or debuffing other enemies).

I don't think it would work for me. I am still looking to fit a 5-piece Dominion of Arachnos set into the build. To take Confuse would require 6 slotting Telekinetic Blast, leaving myself with 2 slots for Confuse. In such a scenario, I think I'd rather take Total Domination over Confuse.

2 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I don't think it would work for me. I am still looking to fit a 5-piece Dominion of Arachnos set into the build. To take Confuse would require 6 slotting Telekinetic Blast, leaving myself with 2 slots for Confuse. In such a scenario, I think I'd rather take Total Domination over Confuse.

Like I wrote: I'm not going to try to sway another player about their VEAT power choices, I just want to explain some of my thinking.

I have 5xDominion of Arachnos in Telekinetic Blast, with the %terrorize ATO in an AoE (where it belongs, IMO) as part of the 'layered defense' of the Fortunata. Obviously that is the sort of slot you might want to go to a different %proc. I don't find that the extra recharge from that piece messes up the %proc chances too bad, on some powers it will have no effect on %proc chances.

As for my own slotting of Confuse and Aura of Confusion: Confuse has 6 slots and Aura of Confusion has 2 slots (Malaise's %Psionic and Acc/Recharge). I'd like to get the other %damage proc in there but as you know, VEAT builds get TIGHT fast. Frankly I could probably replace the Acc/Recharge with something else but I don't like the non-enhanced recharge time and I doubt that I'd notice a significant change in performance otherwise.

39 minutes ago, tidge said:

Short answer: It's, like, really good. 

Long answer: @Bopper, I know you're a stats guru and that's a-okay. You have shown repeatedly that this approach is of value to the the game and the game's community through the detail-focused work you've done and for I am appreciative. However, we also quantitative data; it is, after all, a game one plays primarily for fun, which is a qualitative, subjective experience. I think Confuse is one of the most valuable status effects both in terms of offensive and defensive possibilities, albeit one with a learning curve.

There is a game-within-a-game of knowing which enemies can help you, and flipping that switch. Knives of Artemis and their caltop fandango? Not a problem. Sappers? They can sap someone else. Nemnems' warhulks who go boom on death? If you confuse them, they don't go boom at your teammates. Ritki and Sky Raiders bubble you up. Ritki guardians can RA you. Back Alley Brawler is a very useful sidekick when you want to take down Manticore. It adds the right kind of challenge and the right kind of chaos to gameplay. 

The single-target Confuse is also a one-slot wonder, in my opinion. It's also no-notify, so even if it misses you can use it again as it has a very low cooldown and a very long duration. You can start fights with bosses on your side. 

I think AoC gets a total of two slots on my build and I have taken to skipping TD totally. 

Also, from a purely quantitative point of view, compare the base durations: Total Domination has a 240 sec cooldown and a 10.7 base duration whereas Aura of Confusion has the same base cooldown but a 26.8 second duration - it's much better mez for your money (using City of Data figures). 

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

2 minutes ago, Gulbasaur said:

Also, from a purely quantitative point of view, compare the base durations: Total Domination has a 240 sec cooldown and a 10.7 base duration whereas Aura of Confusion has the same base cooldown but a 26.8 second duration - it's much better mez for your money (using City of Data figures). 

Certainly, I would only use it for getting out of sticky situations. 10s isn't very long, especially when purple patch comes into play. I already have Aura of Confusion and I like it greatly and having Confuse for stacking is certainly a possiblility, but I'm not sure if my build (which already is cutting powers I'd like to have) would be able to take a ST Confuse for rare situationals. Also keep in mind (if you read the OP), we're mostly talking about only one of my builds. I have 2 other builds on my toon for other types of gameplay and many other designs that may force me into making a 2nd widow. The build in question is one I designed mostly for fun...lots of AoE, Scrapper levels of ST DPS, good defense and some mitigation options (Dominate, Psy Wail, and AoC). Overall, I'll think about it, I may go with a 2-slot Total Domination, 5-slot Spin, or a 2-slot Confuse

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bopper said:

Overall, I'll think about it, I may go with a 2-slot Total Domination, 5-slot Spin, or a 2-slot Confuse

As someone who has mained a fortunata for... a while... I'd 1- or 2-slot Confuse. Spin is pretty useful. I find TD is much more situational than Confuse, but obviously playstyles do differ. 

• Thumbs Up 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

Based on this new information, there are two options @scottocamp.  Move the 5 slots into Telekinetic Blast (5-piece Dominion of Arachnos and the Spider's Bite Global), then use two slots in Total Domination to do as you choose. But keep in mind, TD has base 0.80x accuracy. I was thinking of two-piece Lockdown: Acc/Recharge, +2 Hold. This will give a 3% damage buff which makes up for the loss of the 4% damage buff a two-piece Spider's Bite was giving. However the cooldown will be 88s (ageless and FF proc will help though).

Or, the other option is to take Spin instead of Total Domination and give it the 5 piece Dominion of Arachnos set. Then it becomes user's choice with the last enhancement slot (give it to Spin as a damage proc? give it to CJ for extra defense and regen?). Anyways, here are the two builds:

I think the Spin route is probably better.  Total Domination would be much less enticing with such a long cool down.  But honestly the best part of this thread you have started is making clear how many different paths are open.

As mentioned, my main has always been a Claws / Invul scrapper - so a hybrid Fortunata has been a delight for me.  I put the Overwhelming Force knockdown proc in Telekinetic Blast just so that the power acts like Focus from Claws.  Getting Follow Up, Spin and a Focus clone (of sorts) with a whole bunch of other toys to play with is fantastic.

I would agree with Gulbasaur that the ST Confuse is beyond terrific.  But I found it just did not fit with my scrapperlock mentality.  It required some thought on my part. <lol>  It also slowed down my helter skelter charge into the middle of the mob approach.  It works great but I just kept forgetting to use it.  Using the TB knock down in my single target rotation also meant Gloom had less value to me.  The Gloom / Dark Obliteration combo with the -ToHit is wonderful but I really like the immobilize from Fences, getting two extra AOE attacks instead of one and the passive heals from the Power Transfer procs in both Fences and Ball Lightning.  With TD and Aura of Confusion both on a 60 second cool down for me it works well to rotate them.  The longer effect of Aura is nice but honestly mobs don't live long enough for that to really matter too much.  Your "Love Child" build does make me want to put a Lockdown proc in TD now so that both control powers can hit at mag 5.  So I need to free up a slot somehow!  🙂

So really just a play style choice at this point.  I like to play as an enhanced Scrapper.  Gulbasaur and Tidge are clearly playing a bit more cerebral approach.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, scottocamp said:

I think the Spin route is probably better. 

For the build, it certainly would make sense. Adding more AoE to something that is already so strong at ST, it's a scrapper's dream. At the same time though, I can see how there's already enough AoE in the build, enough ST in the build, so why not have an "I win" button in the back pocket? So yeah, it's mostly a pick your flavor of ice cream but either way you can't go wrong. Personally, I may just stick to my original build, keep Strike and have Assault. But I'm not sure if I'm doing that because I want it or if it's because I don't want to do another respec.

7 hours ago, Bopper said:

Personally, I may just stick to my original build, keep Strike and have Assault. But I'm not sure if I'm doing that because I want it or if it's because I don't want to do another respec.

If you are testing VEAT builds on TEST, the forced respec certainly adds an emotionally draining tax to things. Even leverage the 2nd and 3rd builds can be tiring.... and then trying to remember which powers get which %procs... MADNESS!

35 minutes ago, tidge said:

If you are testing VEAT builds on TEST, the forced respec certainly adds an emotionally draining tax to things. Even leverage the 2nd and 3rd builds can be tiring.... and then trying to remember which powers get which %procs... MADNESS!

If you don't know about this, it speeds things up considerable. You still have to the do two respecs.

2 hours ago, tidge said:

If you are testing VEAT builds on TEST, the forced respec certainly adds an emotionally draining tax to things

Everything has been on Live, actually. The only thing I did on Beta was test the ATO slotting in Total Domination (saved me one respec) and to test out the ST DPS against a pylon (mostly so I could use T4 incarnates and to see which incarnates would work best for my needs).

Other than that, everything has been done on Live with 3 builds and multiple respecs. I think I have one respec left on my character so for the first time ever I may actually dip into my Super Packs stash of respecs haha.

I do try to be conservative with respecs though. I'll give myself a week, making sure any changes I play around with in Mids looks good enough for finalizing. But sure enough, despite all the homework I do it usually ends up with me finding one slot I want to move elsewhere.

Edited by Bopper

Bopper

How about this tweeked build to salvage your Love Child hybrid?  Psionic Tornado doesn't hit as hard but it is up more frequently and you gain some set bonuses for Total Domination.

https://www.midsreborn.com/builds/download.php?uc=1481&c=730&a=1460&f=HEX&dc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

1 hour ago, scottocamp said:

How about this tweeked build to salvage your Love Child hybrid?  Psionic Tornado doesn't hit as hard but it is up more frequently and you gain some set bonuses for Total Domination.

It certainly looks useful as a ST specialist with decent damage AoE and control AoE. I personally probably won't go this route as it greatly reduces the FF proc performance in Psinado (along with less damage), but you do get good cooldown on Total Domination and you improved the AoE defense a bit. I would probably also hate to lose the 15% slow resistance, but I could sub-out Lockdown for Entomb and get that back.

39 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I personally probably won't go this route as it greatly reduces the FF proc performance in Psinado

I have no idea how the FF Proc is supposed to work.  But I have 5 pieces of Superior Frozen Blast in Psinado along with the FF Proc.  So I have a lot of recharge in that attack.  I have a Council warehouse map where I just plop my Fortunata in the middle of three to four 4x8 mobs and click nothing but Aim and Psinado.  So the Fortunata is swimming in the middle of a sea of Council.  The worst results I ever get are 4 procs in a minute but I have gotten as many as 9 FF procs in a minute.  The enhancement says two per minute - but obviously mob numbers are having an impact.  My best run I had the proc go off 12 straight times.  Obviously that is a lucky streak but it is never especially bad.  I would say 6 or so procs a minute is a rough average if I am just spamming Psinado.  I am noticing the same effect with the Power Transfer Chance to Heal proc with huge mobs.  Though with Fences and Ball Lightning I have no recharge in the powers like I do for Psinado.

1 minute ago, scottocamp said:

I have no idea how the FF Proc is supposed to work.  But I have 5 pieces of Superior Frozen Blast in Psinado along with the FF Proc.  So I have a lot of recharge in that attack.  I have a Council warehouse map where I just plop my Fortunata in the middle of three to four 4x8 mobs and click nothing but Aim and Psinado.  So the Fortunata is swimming in the middle of a sea of Council.  The worst results I ever get are 4 procs in a minute but I have gotten as many as 9 FF procs in a minute.  The enhancement says two per minute - but obviously mob numbers are having an impact.  My best run I had the proc go off 12 straight times.  Obviously that is a lucky streak but it is never especially bad.  I would say 6 or so procs a minute is a rough average if I am just spamming Psinado.  I am noticing the same effect with the Power Transfer Chance to Heal proc with huge mobs.  Though with Fences and Ball Lightning I have no recharge in the powers like I do for Psinado.

With 94.56% recharge slotted, you're looking at about 13% chance to proc per target. Of course some scenarios will allow you so many chances that even that low probability will likely get you atleast one hit in a x8 map.  If you had 0% slotted recharge, that probability goes up to 23% chance to proc per target which greatly improves your efficiency of getting at least one proc in each cast (assuming there are  a few enemies you hit).

To give you an example, let's say you hit 5 targets:

Pr(X>=1 | 5 tgts hit and 0% recharge slotted) = 100% - (100% - 22.944%)^5 = 72.83%

Pr(X>=1 | 5 tgts hit and 94.56% recharge slotted) = 100% - (100% - 12.974%)^5 = 50.08%

7 hours ago, Bopper said:

With 94.56% recharge slotted, you're looking at about 13% chance to proc per target. Of course some scenarios will allow you so many chances that even that low probability will likely get you atleast one hit in a x8 map.  If you had 0% slotted recharge, that probability goes up to 23% chance to proc per target which greatly improves your efficiency of getting at least one proc in each cast (assuming there are  a few enemies you hit).

To give you an example, let's say you hit 5 targets:

Pr(X>=1 | 5 tgts hit and 0% recharge slotted) = 100% - (100% - 22.944%)^5 = 72.83%

Pr(X>=1 | 5 tgts hit and 94.56% recharge slotted) = 100% - (100% - 12.974%)^5 = 50.08%

Cool - that makes sense.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later

For the last few weeks I've been maining my ST Proc-centric Fortunata character (easily my favorite build so far). And I have tried many flavors of the same build (taking Strike with Assault, taking CT: Offensive with Confuse, taking CT:Offensive with Total Domination, etc). During my solo play there was one situation I simply could not stand, and that was runners (especially AVs). It completely would break my DPS when I had to chase down my target, putting me at risk when running into mobs I didn't intend to run into.

So I decided (at least for my solo build) to take Confront. Having something Auto-Hit that keeps an AV on me for 25-40s just made the play experience that much better. Now...if I wasn't solo, I would swap out Confront for Assault and call it a day. Or take Confuse again for moments where it can be a game changer. Anyways, here's the build as it stands today (not updated in the OP, yet).

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.7

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(3), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(5), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(11), LucoftheG-Def(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13)
Level 8: Follow Up -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), GldStr-%Dam(15), TchofDth-Dam%(17), Mk'Bit-Dam%(17)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(19)
Level 12: Psionic Tornado -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(19), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(21), PstBls-Dam%(21), ExpStr-Dam%(23), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 14: Lunge -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Hct-Dam%(25), Mk'Bit-Dam%(27), GldStr-%Dam(27), TchofDth-Dam%(29)
Level 16: Dominate -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(29), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(31), NrnSht-Dam%(31), GldJvl-Dam%(31), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(33)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(48)
Level 24: Mind Link -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(34), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Rct-Def/Rchg(34), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Rct-ResDam%(36)
Level 26: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(36), UnbGrd-ResDam(37), UnbGrd-Max HP%(37)
Level 28: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dmg(40), Apc-Dam%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42), CldSns-%Dam(42), Dcm-Build%(43)
Level 38: Aura of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(43), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(43), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(45), CrcPrs-Conf%(45)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), JvlVll-Dam%(46), PstBls-Dam%(46), CldSns-%Dam(47), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(47)
Level 44: Confront -- Taunt-I(A)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(A), LucoftheG-Def(47), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(7), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(9)
------------
------------

Notes on some of the build choices:

I muled Telekinetic Blast for the set bonuses, however it is no longer off my power bar. I have found there are situations where I want to be off-tanking. For example, when I stand toe-to-toe with Romulus in the ITF, their melee attacks do -Defense and I am at risk of getting overwhelmed if more than one of those hits land. So being able to move out of melee range (which limits the number of incoming attacks as well), I can safely whittle down their health. However, a chain of just Dominate, Gloom and Dark Obliteration is not enough (nor is sprinkling in Psionic Tornado). So having Telekinetic Blast available to fill in any gaps is nice DPS-wise.

I also chose to 4-slot Maneuvers with LotG for the extra accuracy. This build now has enough accuracy to hit +3s 95% of the time with all my attacks, even without Follow Up or Aim. If you like, you could move around the slotting between TT:Maneuvers, Foresight, and Maneuvers so that you can add 3.75% S/L resistance (buffs it from 9.5% to 13.25%, nice). However your chance to hit +3s will drop to 91% unless you have a To-Hit buff active.

Spoiler

image.png.fd75bb9cf09802fa3a8e524c23b1801c.png

There was another variant I tested that some may like, but I personally didn't. Instead of using the 5-piece Dominion of Arachnos set in Telekinetic Blast, I redistributed the slots to my defense powers. This allowed me to add 9.75% S/L resistance and 4.5% E/N resistance, making the build a bit tougher all around. The downside, losing the set bonuses...especially the recharge. Plus, losing the attack power in Telekinetic Blast further exacerbated the lost recharge issue. Nonetheless, I'll share that build here for anyone interested in doing something with it.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1aace488a93c2e454ca8e064901acbc8.png

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Def(7), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(37)
Level 18: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(37)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(37)
Level 44: Confront -- Taunt-I(A)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(48), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), ShlWal-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(49)
------------
------------

Finally, there was one build I tried that didn't take Confront. Instead I tried to handle runners by taking Soul Tentacles. It wasn't reliable enough for me, but it did offer up extra AoE into the build while half-way solving my runner problem. Same issue as before, though...the loss of accuracy and recharge. However you get one more AoE attack (so less worries over attack gaps). I'll say this...this was a fairly fun build to play just because of the active maneuvering I did with lining up Soul Tentacle's narrow cone. I usually start off by:

Hitting someone in a mob with Follow Up, buffs my To-Hit

Use Dark Obliteration, hopefully lower their resistance and by now the mob should have started gathering on top of me

Use Psinado, hopefully trigger FF proc, hopefully knock up a few enemies

Jump Backwards and use Soul Tentacles on the tightly grouped mob (I usually can hit 3 reliably but can get lucky for more).

Spoiler

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A)
Level 12: Psionic Tornado -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(17), PstBls-Dam%(17), ExpStr-Dam%(19), FrcFdb-Rechg%(19)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31), ShlWal-Def(36)
Level 44: Soul Tentacles -- HO:Perox(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(49), PstBls-Dam%(49), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50), TraoftheH-Dam%(50), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(50)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
------------
------------

Edited by Bopper