/Shield with Rune of Protection and OwtS?

AxerJ

Hey all,

What do you think about a stone/shield brute trying to rotate RoP and OwtS? I can't stand taking kick/tough/weave, so I don't - so I've tried to get as much melee/ranged def from sets in addition to the shield def toggles. 

He's level 41, and so far I've been using Unleash Potential with as much recharge as I can get to ensure my character is maxing def everywhere for tricky situations - colored to look like a doom knight unholy aura, and it also helps a lot with my stone's end. So that's cool-ish.

I'm considering switching to sorcery because I really like the way a red/orange RoP looks, and I'm wondering if I could get more survivability from adding resistance instead of trying to cap def. Before Unleash Potential my melee def is around 41 and ranged is 29. They're both above the cap with UP. UP has about 2 minutes of downtime currently after it's exhausted. Maybe I should focus on raising ranged def through more sets or just popping purples while utilizing RoP and OwtS to always be around 50-60% res. 

I'm also strangely into sorcery's ranged cast now - those double damage hits are high! 

I'm taking Soul epic for hell tentacles, dark obliteration, and maybe darkest night, which would help with survivability a bit more. 

Anyway, what's your feeling about a shield brute using RoP? 

Edited by AxerJ

Not against it at all. In fact Arcane Bolt is a decent attack for a brute. If you're willing to wait until Arcane Power procs, you'll have yourself a snipe, basically. It'll be slower than a quick snipe but I think the DPA will be similar

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn