Table Removals

Apparition

@cohjess8107 just edited a half dozen Wiki articles, removing a bunch of tables which effectively gutted them.  I'm curious as to why.  The articles involved are Munitions Mastery, Leviathan Mastery, Mace Mastery, Mu Mastery, Soul Mastery, and Beam Rifle.  Blaster isn't the only AT in the game, and the various power sets have different powers and levels on different ATs, as the Wiki articles showed until the various non-Blaster tables were removed.

Edited by Apparition
  • Thanks 2

They are back at it, Dark Blast this time. I saw Aberrant tried to reach them via their wiki personal page. I'll send a PM, but they haven't been on the forums in several weeks.

True, I just wish there were a more direct way to contact them to find out why they have made those edits. I don't have any admin rights on the wiki but I wonder if it would be worth revoking their edit rights until a rationale for the edits is provided.

They responded to my PM. I don't want to copy it here without their permission, so I asked them to post the reply here so we can all chime in.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, cohjess8107 said:

I'm updating everything. There have been a bunch of changes with the new Issue 27, Page 2. Some of the stats aren't the same and there's so many of them that I'm systematically going through them with Mids Reborn to update. I started with Blaster and will be going through all the Blaster powersets before doing the rest. I also updated the Power Pools, Ancillary Power Pools, and Patron Power Pools. It just takes awhile for me to do it. If you want me to stop, though, I can. I did this before with other updates and was able to update a lot of things that hadn't been changed in a very long time. Please let me know and I can change it back either today or tomorrow.

Sorry about this guys. Please by all means let me know if I'm doing it wrong. What I'll do today is the ones that I have changed I will update them with the new information for all archetypes. That way I don't confuse you guys. It's gonna take me awhile, though, so give me a few hours. I'm sorry if I created a problem. I found that there were a lot of changes in Issue 27, Page 2 so I figured it would be good to update it. Especially when it came to the Movement power sets. I used Homecoming Wiki in conjunction with Mids Reborn because they are the most up-to-date when it comes to stats and powersets for me to plan my characters. As you can tell, I'm a bit OCD about it. But when I got AboveTheChemist's PM, I realized that you guys might not think the same way that I do and I'm probably confusing a lot of you. My plan is to update all of the powersets by the time I'm done with the new info but I suppose a different approach would be better than what I've been doing. To be fair, I do a lot of my changes at night when I'm tired because I'm my boyfriend's caretaker during the day and I work part-time. But CoH is important to me because that's my time for me. And I get frustrated when the stats don't match. I think maybe next time I'll plan it out first before just launching into it willy-nilly.

• Thanks 3

Thank you for posting that, and thank you for being willing to help out with the wiki. I don't think there is anything you need to apologize for, and I wouldn't go so far to say that you did anything wrong. Worst case scenario is that edits can be reverted pretty easily, but it sounds like you are going to focus on adding back in the data that was removed, with updated info. And that sounds fine to me.

In this case the logic behind the edits on some of those pages wasn't quite clear at the time, and it was a little worrisome to see so much information deleted. Especially since I have seen your name in the change log many times before and I know that you've made many worthwhile contributions to the wiki. I can't speak for anyone else and I certainly don't want to try to tell anyone else how they should go about editing the wiki, but in my case if I couldn't edit the entire page in one sitting, I would update what I could and leave the rest in there (even if it was wrong) until I had some more time to get to it. I might also add a work-in-progress note to let folks know that I was still in the process of editing that page.

Again, thanks for clarifying things, and thanks especially for helping update the wiki!

• Thumbs Up 1