Have you ever discovered a new place?

I was reading article about a player who had played Skyrim for nearly seven years and discovered a previously unknown (to him)

dungeon. A few others had found it, but so few had.

Have you had a similar experience in CoH? 
or

Noticed something for the first time?

I am actively getting Day job badges on all my characters .... the grocery stores are stocked

I can post a link the article, just not sure I could.

Edited by JasperStone

/e poofgone

Was recently just exploring Grandville tunnels under the city. And clicked on a random door that looked like a garage door, hoping to be taking back up.

It was a SG base portal. I was not expecting that.

Spoiler

2559.4 -392.0 1220.6    coordinates in GV if you wanna check it out

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

Was recently just exploring Grandville tunnels under the city. And clicked on a random door that looked like a garage door, hoping to be taking back up.

It was a SG base portal. I was not expecting that.

Hide contents

2559.4 -392.0 1220.6    coordinates in GV if you wanna check it out

I'm guessing the red zones would be the best places to find rare or undiscovered spots. 

I don't recall finding any such.  I did wonder at first when I found Fort Trident for the first time.  When I asked around, I was not surprised to find out it was largely unknown, though eventually I had OG players who recalled it.  Same with the southern water boundary in Peregrine Island zone.  Many whom I asked didn't know it existed. When you cross it, you somehow end up in the Talos zone on the inside of the war wall.  I don't remember gaining an incarnate ability for intangibility. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I left a character parked in the Arena construction area back on Live.

When next I logged in, the Arena patch had dropped, and he was stuck under the floor. Close as I got.

Everybody is familiar with Egg Hunter, the TARDIS on top of Pocket D, and the Dev Lounge in Faultline, though, right? And the Paragon Dance Party is still there for those who remember it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

The redesigned Atlas Park has an arboretum/enclosed glass area on top of a building. 

• Thumbs Up 2

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

23 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

I left a character parked in the Arena construction area back on Live.

When next I logged in, the Arena patch had dropped, and he was stuck under the floor. Close as I got.

Everybody is familiar with Egg Hunter, the TARDIS on top of Pocket D, and the Dev Lounge in Faultline, though, right? And the Paragon Dance Party is still there for those who remember it.

There's also a Dev office under Grandvill in the tunnels.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

You don't have to go thru the dam in Faultline to get to the other side.

There's a tunnel in the RWZ, short it leads down to what looks like the entrance to a Council base but doesn't go beyond (as I recall, been a while since I went in there.  Disappointed there was no badge down there.).

And I never found a door on the underside of any of the Storm Palace asteroids despite hovering all the way to the Palace avoiding the aggro of the mobs above on my scrapper many years ago.  

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

You don't have to go thru the dam in Faultline to get to the other side.

Was that the crack you could TP through? I thought they plugged that, couldn't find it last time I tried.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

46 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

Was that the crack you could TP through? I thought they plugged that, couldn't find it last time I tried.

No it's a branch of the tunnel network which vidiot maps calls the Arachnos Dig Site on its map of Faultline.  Fairly open 'secret' these days with player creations and access to sources like Vidiot Maps.

• Thanks 1

Hidden room that I found in Peregrine Isle back on live,  seems like you had to work your way through some bugged geometry to get to it though.

I don't remember exactly where it was or how to replicate it.

sss.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

There's a MIB-esque entrance to a Council headquarters building in RWZ.  Another fun little base in Boomtown where War Walkers & GM spawn. 

Outside Pocket D there are a number of cool little easter eggs. Here's a tour:

You can get outside of most maps in this game with a little effort and a lot of patience.

There's a pool with a Corlax fishing/eating a donut in Grandville as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

5 minutes ago, krj12 said:

Hidden room that I found in Peregrine Isle back on live,  seems like you had to work your way through some bugged geometry to get to it though.

sss.jpg

That area is now accessible on Homecoming by clicking any interior arena door.

Previously it required teleporting under the map geometry in a zone with an arena and then /stuck underneath to enter. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

4 hours ago, krj12 said:

sss.jpg

Here's the "old way" to get in:

I actually put this up shortly before close.
Because, come on!  What were they going to do?  CANCEL MY ACCOUNT?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

8 hours ago, krj12 said:

That's the 'Matrix Room' in the arena. I parked a character there before shutdown. You go to just north of the SE corner of the zone and slide N along the force wall; there's a hidden gap that let you slip through to get outside the zone limit. From there, you fly east to the edge of the water, then go under and fly back to the arena.

Now you just click on the doors in the central part of the arena.

The Secret torture room off the Tunnels under Grandville, complete with Moaning and Wailing audio track, somebody was having some Unauthorized Fun I heard.

• Thumbs Up 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Sort of on topic

The jukebox in the Egg Hunter lounge plays unique music. I've never heard it anywhere else in the game. There are a couple instances of unique music in the Abandoned Sewers too. I don't remember where right now, maybe towards the skyway edge of the map?

• Thumbs Up 3

20 hours ago, Luminara said:

I discovered a place on horses where you can scratch and make them kick their back leg like a dog.

Works on Great Danes, too.

Not really secret/unknown but even all these years in I still find small things I've never seen before. Some of the police/SWAT team staging areas here and there, contacts in strange little corners, etc.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

19 hours ago, Delta said:

I discovered that there is now an entrance to Pocket D located in Atlas Park.

Also the submarine base in Atlas, which I found completely by accident.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

15 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Works on Great Danes, too.

Ah, yes, the slightly larger cousin of the Shire.  Have to be careful when giving out the scritches to those, though.  That's how earthquakes happen.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.