Have you ever discovered a new place?

2 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

Works on Great Danes, too.

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

Ah, yes, the slightly larger cousin of the Shire.  Have to be careful when giving out the scritches to those, though.  That's how earthquakes happen.

Well I know. Most people are unaware that Danes are born the size of Indian elephants and actually shrink as they grow, stopping at the merely humongous. Here's an 8-week puppy of my acquaintance (unretouched photo, swear!):

puppy.jpg.8e1939e1c99e3dae4ecd60c2d9a596c7.jpg

The secret spot is just inboard of the right shoulder, on the chest. But we were talking about secret locations in the game, I think. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

The other day, I discovered a Freakshow encampment in Faultline in the far South-west corner of the map before the dam. I also went badge hunting in the Abandoned Sewer Network, and while looking for the "Living Dark" badge, I learned that the Arachnoids have made their own little nest in Paragon's sewers. These were all news to me!

• Like 4

"All thoughts of retreat are discarded as counterproductive, there is no other course of action but to press on. You've been caught in an unseen orbit, around a power you cannot possibly fathom."

Everlasting - Gradivus, Amarillo Starlight, Hullbreak, Hyperblink, Matchlight
Previously on Guardian, Triumph, Liberty, and Freedom

5 hours ago, Drakwatch said:

I also went badge hunting in the Abandoned Sewer Network, and while looking for the "Living Dark" badge, I learned that the Arachnoids have made their own little nest in Paragon's sewers.

Isn't that whole section what was added with the new Vahz story arcs?  What I learned there is that I need to update my Vidiot Map. 🤪

On 7/6/2021 at 7:37 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

There's also a Dev office under Grandvill in the tunnels.

Was about to post this.  I didn’t know it was there on Live but once game came back I went straight to it.  Was a little bit anti climactic vs the Faultline version.

However, I also just discovered this in RWZ:

image.png.26412d0c75c45bb255baf7ac9fc97d48.png

Edited by Crysis
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I found 2 buildings like this in AP.  What exactly do we have here, 4 ledges for heroes to brood over the city?  Interesting thing is that the "stairs" work.  You click the door and you're back at ground level.  The door at the bottom works too.  You should be able to find this easily from the landmarks in the screenshot.  The other one can be seen from this one.

screenshot_210711-08-55-48.thumb.jpg.d26f95e9a43df3767fc4fe2c7db88908.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I think these were all there back on Live, but I've also just discovered how to get outside Pocket D and visit the Tardis, Manny's Gas Station and the two motherships.  In fact, although there's not much reason to, you can get inside of Manny's Gas Station.  I like to think of it as my secret base.

image.thumb.png.e806c3e6e470f7b99f7e7394cf9e409e.png

Edited by Crysis
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just a couple of days ago I discovered a strange little corridor down some part of a common map that I didn't know existed.  Can't recall which map it was, maybe one of those Council caves?  But I was still shocked to see it.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 7/11/2021 at 10:47 AM, Crysis said:

I think these were all there back on Live, but I've also just discovered how to get outside Pocket D and visit the Tardis, Manny's Gas Station and the two motherships.  In fact, although there's not much reason to, you can get inside of Manny's Gas Station.  I like to think of it as my secret base.

Did you get out thru a hole in the geometry, or is there a door somewhere that lets you out?

On 7/11/2021 at 9:47 AM, Crysis said:

I also show in my video how to hit the bottom of the Pocket D zone, for say, if you want to grab a cool screenshot of the zone or something. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Go exactly to the coordinates where I show you in the video. 

This, and you’ll need a TP self power (Mystic Flight’s Translocation works well) and, at least for me, you’ll need to orient yourself EXACTLY underneath the hole and then scroll in camera so you are effectively in First Person view mode.  Without doing those two things I couldn’t aim my reticle through the hole.

I had an alt with TP self but found that from floor you can’t quite get the reticle to aim outside the hole.  

1 hour ago, Crysis said:

This, and you’ll need a TP self power (Mystic Flight’s Translocation works well) and, at least for me, you’ll need to orient yourself EXACTLY underneath the hole and then scroll in camera so you are effectively in First Person view mode.  Without doing those two things I couldn’t aim my reticle through the hole.

I had an alt with TP self but found that from floor you can’t quite get the reticle to aim outside the hole.  

Huh I guess I've done it so much I haven't had any problems. Thanks for the heads up!

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• 2 weeks later

Secret " No Players Allowed " Torture room in Tunnels below Grandville.screenshot_210724-06-58-49.thumb.jpg.95b26a0d4ff5fbd2b0c3bf49ea013acb.jpg

• Haha 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

On 7/7/2021 at 7:26 PM, Shenanigunner said:

Well I know. Most people are unaware that Danes are born the size of Indian elephants and actually shrink as they grow, stopping at the merely humongous. Here's an 8-week puppy of my acquaintance (unretouched photo, swear!):

puppy.jpg.8e1939e1c99e3dae4ecd60c2d9a596c7.jpg

The secret spot is just inboard of the right shoulder, on the chest. But we were talking about secret locations in the game, I think. 🙂

Forced perspective hax!

On live, I used to farm Kora Fruit.  I suspect 90% of the playerbase has no idea what that is, much less how to do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

20 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

On live, I used to farm Kora Fruit.  I suspect 90% of the playerbase has no idea what that is, much less how to do it.

Most people don't go to the Shadowshard unless "forced" when Dr. Q is the double merit TF. Then again, I think players have faster methods to farm inspirations than doing Kora Fruit runs these days.

Edited by ForeverLaxx

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

1 hour ago, ForeverLaxx said:

Most people don't go to the Shadowshard unless "forced" when Dr. Q is the double merit TF. Then again, I think players have faster methods to farm inspirations than doing Kora Fruit runs these days.

Not to mention those inspirations are bigger and multi-functional compared to Kora Fruit.  I'd still do it thou for the nostalgia and the scenery.

And for other readers:

-> Secret sub base in AP = Fort Trident on map.  You can (or could at least) spend hero merits here at B.O.T.L.E.R. as I recall and start/talk to the TFC contacts as well (haven't poked my head in there in a while).

-> Grandville torture room = secret dev office.  Originally it was intact but with one of Live updates it was trashed and inhabited by Arachnoids.

4 hours ago, Hew said:

Forced perspective hax!

Just a snapshot the breeder got while lying on the grass with the puppies. One of my favorites.

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

• 2 years later
24 minutes ago, TauntingMonk said:

Did you know you could go in the Big Building in One Statesman Plaza, Kallisti Wharf? I had no idea, all this time.

Nothing in there really but, it made me wonder what could of been.

screenshot_231220-21-12-30.thumb.jpg.182a3c1cd41a03f8bf4e5e3b48835c4c.jpg

Are there any undead creatures in there?

Like zombies?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1