Invul or Dark armor?

Snarky

Fully io'd I would guess the /Inv would be stronger due to the defense and +hp. I've had a fully io'd /Inv brute, stalker, and scrapper. My brute was about as tough as anything I've ever seen in game except a fully io'd tanker version (obviously not counting granite armor).

That said, on beta I made a psi/dark stalker and maxed him out on io's and he was very strong. The cornerstone of the set appeared to be the big heal, so I slotted it with the chance for endurance and had the build focus on getting something like 25% melee or s/l defense. Can't remember at this point. I don't know how hard it is offhand to get defense to s/l/e or m/r/aoe on /dark up to at least 30%. My best guess would be to focus on maximizing +hp and recharge to fire off the heal as much as possible.

Dark melee is a very strong pairing with /Inv and arguably offers it more because of the heal attack and -tohit and fear to add to the layered mitigation of /Inv. But dark/dark will be very thematic and strong as well.

I'd say go with whatever suits your goals best.

• Thumbs Up 1

Invuln is probably the bulkiest Stalker secondary.  You can hit 50% resists to F/C/E/N, capped S/L resists and soft capped typed defense to all but Psi, plus Dull Pain for + HP and healing.  Easily enough to handle +3/4 8 at endgame, solo.    

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Omega-202 said:

Invuln is probably the bulkiest Stalker secondary.  You can hit 50% resists to F/C/E/N, capped S/L resists and soft capped typed defense to all but Psi, plus Dull Pain for + HP and healing.  Easily enough to handle +3/4 8 at endgame, solo.    

Yeah, I went Dark/Invul.  One of my first Brute beast builds on live.  Very good times.  This will be a very slow crawl Redside, doing every contact/arc/side mission.  So...the build is not going to be primary importance for a while.  Pre 20 everyone is lucky to cram a couple slots on things lol.  

I will be using Hyperstrike's template and the ideas from the pinned Stalker guide to throw together something Tanky yet Stalkery.  I will post it after I make a first pass and see what can be tuned.

• 1 year later
On 7/11/2021 at 7:15 AM, Snarky said:

Yeah, I went Dark/Invul.  One of my first Brute beast builds on live.  Very good times.  This will be a very slow crawl Redside, doing every contact/arc/side mission.  So...the build is not going to be primary importance for a while.  Pre 20 everyone is lucky to cram a couple slots on things lol.  

I will be using Hyperstrike's template and the ideas from the pinned Stalker guide to throw together something Tanky yet Stalkery.  I will post it after I make a first pass and see what can be tuned.

Edited by Groovy_Ghoul
Posted without reply

Thanks. I've been leveling a DM/Inv Brute, based on your build. Good so far!

Also fighting with a Mids Update and it's not letting me read your last link but I have the previous Brute build and Hyperstrike's Stalker INV framework.

Since no Dark Consumption on Stalkers, would you use a Theft of Essence proc in Siphon Life or grab a Epic Pool with Physical Perfection. Kind of looking at Weapon Mastery for PP and Exploding Shuriken, for another AOE attack. ES just lacks the Darkness theme. Your thoughts?