Why was the Living Dark Exploration Marker removed from the Abandoned Sewer Network?

OddWave

It wasn't removed, it was relocated. The HC wiki page has the current info: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Living_Dark_Badge

If you use vidiotmaps, you may also need to update those as well. The latest maps are at this link: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/3523-vidiotmaps-for-issue-24-and-beyond/page/18/?tab=comments#comment-374458

• Thumbs Up 3

• 8 months later
  • 3 months later
11 minutes ago, AmsterdamHeavy said:

So...where is the lab?  Marker location is inaccessible.

The marker is accessible. Your version of vidiotmaps is outdated. My prior post in this thread (the second post, right below the OP) has more details.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Like 2

On 3/31/2022 at 4:06 AM, TheZag said:

You can also pewpew the mobs to get a tip mission that points to the badge.  The map mod is great,  but if you dont want to use it,  killing mobs for explore badge tip missions works.

That only works for those zones with Portals currently.    The plan is to eventually have explore tips for all zones, but it is a bit of work, so those were the first zones done.   (paraphrasing from the patch note discussion at the time)

But yes, updated vid maps and the wiki all point correctly now.   Though I've done my share of teleporting people to the badge for ease of discovery

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

The marker is accessible. Your version of vidiotmaps is outdated. My prior post in this thread (the second post, right below the OP) has more details.

Thanks, didnt realize about the Modder and thought I was up to date.

But seriously, why was it moved?  Was there a story reason, or what?

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

2 hours ago, High_Beam said:

But seriously, why was it moved?  Was there a story reason, or what?

It seems that a new Dr. Vahz arc in the 30s was created a couple years ago .

Im more surprised that the sewer layout changed than the marker was moved.  Using a dated map didnt help anything at all I can say.