Marketplace and Rare Salvage

Rahabina

38 minutes ago, iBot said:

Yeah not sure where the idea that each server has its own market came from.  I thought from the very beginning the HC devs said the AH is across all servers. <shrug>

I don't even think that's a HC thing.

*checks PWiki archive* Nope. I'm remembering correctly. The auction house on live was across servers, as well. So this is not a new thing.

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, iBot said:

Yeah not sure where the idea that each server has its own market came from.  I thought from the very beginning the HC devs said the AH is across all servers. <shrug>

We went through this exercise a few months ago in the discord and got a dev to confirm there is only one market database. All the HC servers use one auction house. Price history might look different because they can change very fast for high volume things (like rare salvage), and also, sometimes the price history display you see gets bugged.

6 minutes ago, Andreah said:

Price history might look different because they can change very fast for high volume things (like rare salvage), and also, sometimes the price history display you see gets bugged.

Maybe that's the root of the different markets on different servers.  Someone dual boxing on different servers seeing different prices while playing at the same time and not realizing how the underlying tech works.

• Like 2

Short term fluctuations are short term.  If the prices remain high for a few weeks, then everyone can throw their panties in the air and run around like panicky NPCs (evidence of such behavior will be required in photographic format).  Until then, go about your business as usual.  😛

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

13 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Short term fluctuations are short term.  If the prices remain high for a few weeks, then everyone can throw their panties in the air and run around like panicky NPCs (evidence of such behavior will be required in photographic format).  Until then, go about your business as usual.  😛

Maybe 20 years ago I would have provided evidence. These days? Not so much.

1 minute ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Maybe 20 years ago I would have provided evidence. These days? Not so much.

Don't tell me you lost your last pair of panties again.  What, do we have to RFID tag these things for you?

❤️

• Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

53 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I try to do my part by selling anything rare or higher for 111 inf a pop.

Too magnanimous.  I list my rares at 385,000 and everything else at 1.

As for buying rare salvage, I rarely pay more than 455,000 and have never paid a half million.  People need to be more patient.  Put in your bids and wait.  Or throw money at the auction house like a drunken sailor.  Your call.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

18 hours ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

So the devs are the evil marketers.  And apparently you their puppet advertising their wares.  I mean really 1 mill.  What are they spending all this influence on?  I demand answers!  : )

I blame gremlins lol

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

Yeah i was already considering changing how i craft and sell.  This market fluctuation was the impetus i needed to make the decision 

I tend to give them away if people i know need, the game itself is free, kind of perks my generosity a bit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rahabina said:

I tend to give them away if people i know need, the game itself is free, kind of perks my generosity a bit

We just load them in base storage and leave them open to any SG-mate that wants to use them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

4 hours ago, Luminara said:

If the prices remain high for a few weeks, then everyone can throw their panties in the air and run around like panicky NPCs 

What game are you playing where the NPCs do this?  Or am I just missing some hidden CoH content?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Luminara said:

You could all still throw your panties about. No harm there.

Gogo.

• Thumbs Up 3