Notes from Redside

Snarky

6 minutes ago, ZemX said:

No Goldside?  Slacker!

Actually i will be doing Goldside.  Had actually decided to do First Ward and Night Ward as part of this.  Will pick up older Goldside badges through Ouro.  This project might not be done until Xmas but it will load into 50 with a truly epic number of Badbes and Merits (not spending any). Also dumping Transcendent Merits on him as my farmers get them. Once he does 50 finally should slingshot to all tier 4s lol

If nothing else, this is worth running across a few oddities I never knew existed before.  I commented about this one in General when it happened:

Unlocking Kristof Jaeger in Nerva requires the Villain badge.  The Villain badge is given for defeating 1000 Longbow.  Surprisingly, when I looked, I had already done 901 Longbow somehow, so I had just 99 more to go.    Having completed that, I went to Jaeger.  First thing he wants me to do?

"You need to prove yourself to me.  Go defeat 20 Longbow!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On the other hand, Longbow deserves it.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Update time: Finished Cap au Diable (except for odd stuff like Tailor, Brother Hammond and Bane Spider Ruben who will be completed with 20-24 stuff)  

Level 19 Haul: 610 badges, 910 Reward merits, 33 Souvenirs, 216 mission completed and 1 mission failed.  (on purpose, villain 'rescue')  65 hours in game on the character.  I stand around a bit too lol, so not all of that was work.

I did get all Invention badges except the last crafting badge.  Got the one needed for Portable Workbench.

Plan for 20-24 is just Redside stuff, Synapse, GMs when I can find them.  25-29 I will pick up First Ward and Ouro Blueside (just badge missions)

• Thumbs Up 1

Update time: Finished 20-24 content. 

Level 24 Haul: 641 badges, 1,183 reward merits, 46 souvenirs, 320 mission completed and 1 failed. 93 hours in game. (spent time crafting for cash and random GM hunts etc.)

25-29 is going to be tough. Not only all 20-29, 25-29 content (as usual) but Ouro all Goldside 1-20, First Ward (all) and every badge mission Blue. Will also be doing the 1-30 Ouro badge challenges.  Tired just typing it out lol.  Could be a few weeks before I post the next achievement lol.  

On 8/6/2021 at 2:40 PM, ZemX said:

Unlocking Kristof Jaeger in Nerva requires the Villain badge.  The Villain badge is given for defeating 1000 Longbow.  Surprisingly, when I looked, I had already done 901 Longbow somehow, so I had just 99 more to go.    Having completed that, I went to Jaeger.  First thing he wants me to do?

"You need to prove yourself to me.  Go defeat 20 Longbow!"

Kristof Jaeger is like the proverbial pie-eating contest where the prize is more pie.

• Haha 1

Speaking of Ouro I was completely surprised that my redside tanker was unable to Ouro. As in, all arcs were gold. There was no Graves, no Kalindra, no nothing. Only gold arcs. Weirdness.

44 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Speaking of Ouro I was completely surprised that my redside tanker was unable to Ouro. As in, all arcs were gold. There was no Graves, no Kalindra, no nothing. Only gold arcs. Weirdness.

Pretty sure that is a bug you should report.  I have an odd bug in my system where Arachnos Crab backpack started showing up. (on MANY toons, non arachnos, not changeable)  I deleted my Crab and it went away 99%. I blame (without proof) the RAM drive the game sits on.  I think the game sees 'erased' lines of code under the hood and acts on that. 

• 3 weeks later
On 8/14/2021 at 9:42 PM, Snarky said:

Update time: Finished 20-24 content. 

Level 24 Haul: 641 badges, 1,183 reward merits, 46 souvenirs, 320 mission completed and 1 failed. 93 hours in game. (spent time crafting for cash and random GM hunts etc.)

25-29 is going to be tough. Not only all 20-29, 25-29 content (as usual) but Ouro all Goldside 1-20, First Ward (all) and every badge mission Blue. Will also be doing the 1-30 Ouro badge challenges.  Tired just typing it out lol.  Could be a few weeks before I post the next achievement lol.  

Okay, August 14 seems much longer ago than it was lol.  

I got a LOT done.  All Redside content completed.  This was 20-29 and 25-29 at +0/x1, AVs as EBs.  (The original default solo settings)

Ouro all Blueside accomplishment badges through level 25.

Ouro all Goldside 1-20 content.  This was a LOT.  sigh. Done at -1/x1.  Goldside was overclocked in my opinion. I unclocked it. Not fun.

First Ward all content done. This was fun. 

Ouro all Flashback badges for 1-15, 16-19, 20-24.

Level 29 Haul: 807 Badges, 2, 576 Reward Merits, 147 Souvenirs, 940 mission completed with the 1 failure. 77 Flashback arcs in that mess.  203 hours in game.

30-34 content will be Redside at +0/x1, Nightward will be done with 35-39 content. Ouro will include only Flashback badges for 25-29 and the Blueside accomplishments for 25-29.

• Thumbs Up 3

and epilogue...  i forgot to turn off experience.  *facepalm!  I think I made this mistake at least once on live.  embarrassing, but crap happens.  and unlife moves on.  this will be my badger for Excelsior.  more hard stuff done on him pre 30 than many of my high badge characters have done yet!  

I might try Blue Side next time.  That particular White Whale has never been landed by me.  Cyas in the city.

• Like 2