Evasive Maneuvers speed suppression on Hover

6 hours ago, arcane said:

I would be completely ok with moving the extra speed to fly as long as the result with all three toggles is the same. 

I can imagine people that actually like running Hover without Fly won’t be down with that either. 

What if Walk could be toggled on in flight and would bottom out your flight speed too?

Nope as others point out the end cost of fly is high enough plenty of us do turn it off in a fight and just enjoy the fly speed boost on our hover from EM. taking speed from hover is a complete no go from me.

The idea of the walk toggle or something like being added to it, I mean sure I guess, but I promise everyone here right now at least this ol berk will boot anyone from a TF who is actively choosing to not keep up with the pace I set as the leader.

If folks can not play at speed, they likely should flower sniff solo, as has always been the rule of thumb for players in every single MMO I have ever played. Cant or wont keep up, play alone, dont ask others to slow down for you as that is genuinely rude.

4 hours ago, Sovera said:

That said I believe you are wanting only the benefits without any of the drawbacks.

That's kind of the thing... I do no think that increased speed was intended to be a drawback. The added benefit in the pool puts it more in line with Leaping. For most, the added speed made it even nicer. When I saw other people complain about the speed during focused feedback threads, I was disappointed that wasn't addressed.

30 minutes ago, RogueWolf said:

I do no think that increased speed was intended to be a drawback.

It isn't. It is an "Opportunity Cost".

"...the loss of potential gain from other alternatives when one alternative is chosen."

Anything that impacts your ability to do something as desired, for a separate outcome. is an opportunity cost. A drawback is a grossly oversimplified example of an opportunity cost. 

Your ideal gain includes no detriment. All the benefits, no change in status quo. Instead, there is a change in status quo associated with a gain.

By choosing to pick the power, you are selecting something with several opportunity costs:

1. you have to go faster than you would like.

2. there are other sets (insert your commentary on leaping here) that you are not taking advantage of that may fit your needs better without forcing the gofast cost.

3. Yet other pools or p2w powers, completely unrelated to travel, that enable the defensive/positional attributes you seek are being excluded due to limits in power pick count and order.

It is probably not ideal for your case to talk about "drawbacks" without viewing the issue more inclusively in light of opportunity cost. But, that is harder to do than state "i want all the cake, eat it, and want more, and eat that too."

18 hours ago, RogueWolf said:

When I saw other people complain about the speed during focused feedback threads, I was disappointed that wasn't addressed.

It actually did get addressed. The speed on EvMa was cut in half during beta development. It is now set at a speed that puts Hover+EvMa near the same in-combat Run/Jump speed when Sprint is on (which also doesn't suppress speed in combat).

• Thumbs Up 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn