The Welcome Wagon for new roleplayers, and old!

I will be hosting "Introductions to roleplaying" sessions biweekly Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evening at 5:30PM EST starting this week. (7/16/21 being the first class night.) Classes are walk-in welcome and held in different locations each session. Monday will be Q&A for any topics, or issues that came up during the weekend class sessions and for work-shopping character backgrounds, details for bio writing, and other roleplaying related information to be shared and worked on as a group. Sessions are NOT a requirement, and players can join the Q&A sessions for a fast work through and problem solving workshop if desired. New teachers or guides are welcome to join the sessions to get an idea of how I'm working with the planner and organizing their own scheduled sessions in turn if desired as well. 

I do not expect to headline this forever, but I welcome mentors and guides that would like to participate to sit in during a session or two before beginning their own scheduled sessions, and please join the Roleplaying Guides Collaborative club so we can make sure schedules don't overlap one another and organize the planners so we cover the most important topics first. If you would like to participate or just want to dip in and see what this is all about, I only ask that we are respectful towards one another as players of the same game and not to interrupt or override one another in chat. These sessions will be hosted on Everlasting on my main character, Crystal Dragon, and I do welcome anyone that is willing to to dip into new ways to enjoy the game content. There will be other mentors that will be hosting their own scheduled sessions most likely in the future and are trying to work with the same scheduled times and days so that we can take in more new players at once, and do our best to guide them along the way.

Mentors signed up

@CrystalDragon

@McSpazz

@SolSoldier

Guest Mentors (Irregular mentors willing to assist with the sessions and guide things along.)

TBA (And yes, if you wish to sign up as a mentor, we're looking for more!)

This will get updated as new mentors volunteer and I want to thank everyone for taking your time to vote and letting me know in-game what issues are the biggest to approach and tackle in the first sessions, I cannot tell you how valuable that input is for shaping these meetups.

Uh, might need translators fluent in Portuguese and Spanish in the near future.  (Saw some Roleplayers speaking Portuguese and roleplaying in Atlas Park today and this reminded me that there were other languages spoken and used in a game that may need translations.)

Edited by CrystalDragon
Language help needed!

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Scions-3706

DRAGONSCAFE-20744

The first session went very well. Although, I see there is a lot of information to be had. 

There can be a lot of questions for a newbie who is completely unfamiliar. But, I'm sure it can be very rewarding once things start rolling. I do have to say that the presentation from both of you was excellent.  

• Thumbs Up 1
1 hour ago, PlanetStar said:

The first session went very well. Although, I see there is a lot of information to be had. 

There can be a lot of questions for a newbie who is completely unfamiliar. But, I'm sure it can be very rewarding once things start rolling. I do have to say that the presentation from both of you was excellent.  

Yeah, we're breaking the sessions up into hour long gatherings so that we don't cut into other events that take place on the server at this time. @McSpazz did a fantastic job deep delving into many of the topics we brought up during the session and I'm very happy to help anyway I can. Thank you, we both were going off the cuff with how things were presented and it just felt like it fell into place.

Scions-3706

DRAGONSCAFE-20744

Tonights class is going to be held in the Dragons Cafe (basecode: DRAGONSCAFE-20744). 5:30PM EST, class sessions are about an hour, to hour and a half length. I will be teaching this one solo tonight, so go easy on me as a first time solo guide here, haha!

Scions-3706

DRAGONSCAFE-20744

If anyone would like to donate base spaces for hosting these events, please do let us know. We're trying to find quiet, calm spaces that aren't overwhelmingly brightly colored in lighting, or noisy.

Scions-3706

DRAGONSCAFE-20744

Posted (edited)

Our next class session weekend will begin July 30th, at 5:30 PM. Location TEATIME-17990 

The 2nd class on the 31st will be mobile, as I do plan to attend the CC coming up on that evening, and would like the participants in the class to see some of the bios and descriptions written by other players in the contest. This one will likely be held in league chat, to avoid spamming the local channel with our RP chatter and lessons.)

The 3rd class will be held at 5:30PM on the 1st of August at a Roleplay-A-Day location, we will be moving together as a group so league may be needed for fast transport and teleportation to safe locations for the lower level attendees.

Edited by CrystalDragon

Scions-3706

DRAGONSCAFE-20744

Posted (edited)

Hosting at 5PM to try a different time slot. Raiders are welcome to drop by to join the discussion sessions, and yes practice will be a thing just on the workshop day. (Thank you for that suggestion Madame Mirage.)

• 8\13 - We will be revisiting Part 1 of introduction to roleplaying in a new location
  • 8\14 - Reviewing Part 2 in a new location.
  • 8\15 - Reviewing Part 3 in a new location.
  • 8\16 - General conclusion and assistive workshop to practice and answer questions that we didn't during the earlier classes during the weekend. 

All classes will be held in a different location each evening, and will be announced in-game prior to the meetup time from 4PM until the start.

Tells will be answered as quickly as I'm able to get to them, please have some patience if I do not respond immediately, I promise I will get to you as quickly as I can. 

Any immediate questions or recommendations for base locations to visit are eagerly welcomed in this thread, thank you all. 

@McSpazz will be leading class this coming weekend, as I had some rescheduled appointments come up and will not be able to make it until later in the evening.

Edited by CrystalDragon
Change in schedule and mentorship lead

Scions-3706

DRAGONSCAFE-20744

Hey yall! It's me! @McSpazz! Yes, I just tagged myself. Why? For the funzies.

As Dragon mentioned yesterday, I will be fully leading the next few classes! Tomorrow (FrIdAy ThE 13th!!)! We'll be going over part 1 of the lesson plan and all that good stuff.

We will be meeting in Atlas Park! None of the classes I will be hosting this weekend will be in bases. Instead, I'll be spotlighting cool RP spots in the game world.

See you all tomorrow!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • 3 weeks later

Next class semester will be held at 5pm Sept. 10th, 11th, 12th, and workshop on the 13th for new and old players interested in learning more about roleplaying, or refreshing their personal knowledge base. 

We moved up the time schedule to allow for a little more wiggle room between raids being held on Everlasting. 

All classes at this time, are being held on Everlasting as it is the unofficial roleplaying shard of the server.

• Like 1

Scions-3706

DRAGONSCAFE-20744

On 9/5/2021 at 4:32 AM, Paragon Vanguard said:

I may be able to make it on the 13th, hard to tell with work as that schedule is not out yet. 

Would be a delight to have ya there P.V. 

• Like 1

Scions-3706

DRAGONSCAFE-20744

• 3 weeks later

Notice to all mentors and volunteers participating with the Welcome Wagons Intro classes: Due to health issues, I need to take the weekend of the 10/8 - 10/11 off to attend to medical problems that I've put off to get my doctors attention on. Please know this isn't me quitting, I love the hell out of hosting these classes and hearing the other vets chiming in and helping out is absolutely wonderful to see.

Mentors, if you aren't signed up with the Roleplaying Guides Collaboration club, please sign up so we can keep the classes organized and rolling out to welcome the new folks to the server and the shard both. 

Students I wanted to say a hearty thank you and a big hug to you all for participating and joining in the sessions to help welcome the new folks to the server and making things comfortable and welcoming for everyone involved. I'm giving @McSpazz a heads up about this so he has time to make adjustments or plan fill-in's as needed. Hugs and apples to you all for making this project become a reality! I'm not quitting, but I do greatly need this break and hope the class weekend goes smoothly for all those involved.

Edited by CrystalDragon
Yep, flubbed the month, if that doesn't tell ya how bad I need the break, I dunno what does. LOL

Scions-3706

DRAGONSCAFE-20744

On 9/26/2021 at 11:26 PM, GraspingVileTerror said:

Sorry, @CrystalDragon, but to confirm:  Do you mean 10/8 to 10/11?  That is to say that your leave will be in October, and not September?

Correct.

On 9/27/2021 at 6:49 AM, Kismet Cowboy said:

Was a good session yesterday with some great tips, and was lovely meeting everyone who came. Thanks for hosting @CrystalDragon!

Your welcome hun, hope you find some lovely stories here. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Scions-3706

DRAGONSCAFE-20744