What are you guys doing to revive PvP? A suggestion.

Illy

8 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

When I pvp'd heavily on live it was in the zones. I avoided arena after trying it a few times, as there were too many rules. (Ban's, what can be run, show up for practice at a set time).

I just didn't have the time for that and did not enjoy many powers I enjoyed in pve, being a "no no" in pvp. So I stuck to zone.

Yeah, this, pretty much. Zone is a neighborhood softball game in the park. Nobody expects you to be a pro. Just show up and have fun.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

So no one remembers teams of PVE going to Warburg for nukes (pre Incarnate when you really wanted those), a lone PVPer jumping out and then getting whupped?  One on one you'll take us easily but you won't take 8 of us.  Or was that just my lot?

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

8 hours ago, Darmian said:

So no one remembers teams of PVE going to Warburg for nukes (pre Incarnate when you really wanted those), a lone PVPer jumping out and then getting whupped?  One on one you'll take us easily but you won't take 8 of us.  Or was that just my lot?

On the extremely rare occasions where I went into a PVP zone on live and someone actually attacked me, I'd always stick around and get killed a few times.  You had to feel sorry for anyone who was hanging around in Warburg or Siren's Call looking for PVP action on Defiant.

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

41 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

On the extremely rare occasions where I went into a PVP zone on live and someone actually attacked me, I'd always stick around and get killed a few times.  You had to feel sorry for anyone who was hanging around in Warburg or Siren's Call looking for PVP action on Defiant.

I think I was on Defiant too.  The old memory is playing up!

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

25 minutes ago, Darmian said:

I think I was on Defiant too.  The old memory is playing up!

1 hour ago, Grouchybeast said:

*Lurking out of the shadows of Warburg*  "Yo sucka gibme yer wallet!"

"Okay, but can I buy us some ice cream first?"  

"Fine.  But I want sprinkles!"

• Haha 2

On 7/27/2021 at 5:38 AM, GraspingVileTerror said:

The trouble there is when a pro shows up and beats you with their bat, and asks you why you aren't having fun.

That's why you get everyone involved to do their PvP with level 1 Peacebringers.

No. I'm not kidding. 

Seriously.

Stop snickering....

The only PvP I've ever actually enjoyed in this game was way, way back in the Live days. Someone on Virtue (I wish I could remember who, but I've long since forgotten their name-) put together an event that was designed to have everyone on relatively even ground, to avoid exactly that "Geared pros insta-gank the n00bs"-issue.

Level-locked level 1 Peacebringers. Training Os only.  

It was ridiculous. It was about fifty shades of silly. And it really did seem to be a tremendous amount of fun for everyone involved, rather they were used to PvP or not. If there were more ways to put together things like that? Maybe it would encourage more people to get fighty in general.

... and it would give me an excuse to rebuild Fluff Bunny. 😄  

• Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

4 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

The only PvP I've ever actually enjoyed in this game was way, way back in the Live days.

For me, it was shortly after the release of CoV; several friends of mine had had convinced me to join them in camping the rooftop of the hero base in Bloody Bay; we were up there for about two hours, repelling attempts to reclaim the roof. We weren't there to dump on the heroes -- we didn't do any taunting or random attacks unless they came up on the roof to try to throw us off -- it was more of a "We're in your base, drinking your beer" thing. Since then, I don't think I was in a PvP zone for anything other than exploration badges and plaques, and a few Shivan runs.