Terror Volta's Something Wicked Sundays

TraumaTrain

9 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

Nah... Just calling it that. The only benefit here is that it counts toward the badges for doing the WST multiple times. 

The WST repeat badges:

• Assistant/Accomplice:  You helped a team complete a Weekly Strike Target even though you already received the bonus for the week.
  • Backup/Confederate:  You helped 10 teams complete a Weekly Strike Target even though you already received the bonus for the week.
  • Partner/Conspirator:  You helped 50 teams complete a Weekly Strike Target even though you already received the bonus for the week.

I've heard of a fair number of people farming Cavern of Transcendence for these when it's a WST.

• Thanks 2

I love all the enthusiasm for the triple-Kal and so disappointed to miss it today! Yesterday was fun doing the theme event from a hotel on my laptop for the first time 😄 but today we are checking out by noon to drive home. Have a wonderful fun time, my friends, and I'll be in game later today to wrap up the weekend!

• Like 2

Something Wicked Sunday 5 was a smash! Three Mortimer Kals done. I think each team made it look easier each time. In all three runs, I think we only had two deaths/defeats. Well done, villains!

Something Wicked Sunday 6. How about a tour of the Rogue Isles? All of the exploration badges, some history badges, and all of the giant monsters. And if it is not broken, the Family Raid raid in St. Martial as well. 

We'll cover, in order, Mercy Island, Port Oakes, Cap au Diable (with Deathsurge), Sharkhead (with Ghost of Scrapyard), Nerva Archipelago (with Caleb), St. Martial (with the Family Raid), and Grandville (maybe with the Arachnos Flyer, but don't hold your breath on that one; it's tough).

History badges will include Lorekeeper and Technofreak.

If there is still time, we can then go into some of the PvP zones for a few extras. Bloody Bay (level 15+), Siren's Call (level 20+), and Warburg (level 30+) exploration badges. Swashbuckler and Arachnos Rising history badges.

Get a jetpack of some kind so we can fly through these! (No, really. Get a jetpack if you don't have Fly. It'll make things a lot easier. P2W has one that's 5000 inf each half hour.)

As a bonus, we'll get 35 merits out of the deal if you don't already have the exploration badges. Plus an extra 6 merits per giant monster. And a temp power from the Family Raid raid! And badges galore!

We will meet in Mercy by Arbiter Me.

Edited by TraumaTrain
  • Like 1

I had a blast all 3 times and felt invincibler each time! 😁

I suspect it may have to do more with some insane team buffs rather than my genius in building my toons...

I absolutely am looking forward to taking Terra Volta Tours around The Isles next week. Great fun! Thx for the idea.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 8/29/2021 at 10:43 PM, TrixieKixx said:

And here's the final one...thanks for hosting today @TraumaTrain

It was a lot of fun! And yay for all the ding-a-lings too!

2021-08-29 (5).png

Thank you Trixx! I took a few shots myself and wanted to post them, because those were showing everybody in nice detail. 

But you were faster than me! 👍

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

20 minutes ago, TrixieKixx said:

I'll join but it depends on how long it takes...I may have to drop off. Hubby and I have a wine tasting scheduled at noon my time (3 yours!). I'll look for a toon later this afternoon!

Super flexible timing on this one. Stick around as much as you can. If you have to go, you have to go!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/29/2021 at 5:36 PM, TraumaTrain said:

Something Wicked Sunday 6. How about a tour of the Rogue Isles? All of the exploration badges, some history badges, and all of the giant monsters. And if it is not broken, the Family Raid raid in St. Martial as well. 

I'll be there! On one of my newer sentinels who hasn't done any of the GMs yet, either Frau Rammstein or Crystal Arrow. See you tomorrow at Arbiter You!

• Thumbs Up 2

Lots of fun today on the Something Wicked Sunday. All the exploration badges were had. A few history badges. Deathsurge, Ghost of Scrapyard, and Caleb. The Family Raid raid in St. Martial. Good stuff!

Not sure if I'll skip a week next Sunday yet or not. I will update soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

Lots of fun today on the Something Wicked Sunday. All the exploration badges were had. A few history badges. Deathsurge, Ghost of Scrapyard, and Caleb. The Family Raid raid in St. Martial. Good stuff!

I really enjoyed your Villain-Side Tour today.  Even a CoV player like me who gets the badges just during normal play, it was fun to hang out and hear your guided tour which included a lot of good history and lore, added to by @Vigilant Vergil. You both are a wealth of knowledge! I always learn something new about this game, no matter how well-versed I think I am. And spawning and finding Caleb was a rare treat. You've got this stuff down to a science!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes, absolutely. And it's the first time I am getting seriously into a toon playing redside content only (or at least mostly). 

***** Recommended! Will buy again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Something Wicked Sunday 7

Little bit of short notice, but I just learned a terrible truth. Terror Volta does not have the Ice Mistral SF yet. And since it is the WST... That's what we'll do!

Meet up by Ice Mistral (St. Martial, in the Giza.) Level 35+. Bring your best villainy!

Edited by TraumaTrain

5 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

Little bit of short notice, but I just learned a terrible truth. Terror Volta does not have the Ice Mistral SF yet. And since it is the WST... That's what we'll do!

Meet up by Ice Mistral (St. Martial, in the Giza.) Level 35+. Bring your best villainy!

Sounds great! I am good with short notice. I had an intense work week and now ready for some relaxing fun time this weekend. My SS/WP brute will join your Ice Mistral. Hell's Heart.

"To the last I grapple with thee. From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey Rich, I had a thought... How about doing some Patron Arcs on one of the future Wicked Sundays?

I am asking for purely personal reasons, because I've never done those and am looking at one or the other now for some of my new-born 50ies builds.

I am pretty sure you would know how that works, right? 😉

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Bananiac said:

Hey Rich, I had a thought... How about doing some Patron Arcs on one of the future Wicked Sundays?

Yep! I am quite familiar with the patron arcs, and that can absolutely be a thing. With Terror Volta, it'll have to be done through Ouroboros, but that's not a problem. We can also pick up an Ouroboro badge or three as well. Perhaps next week for SWS8!

• TraumaTrain changed the title to Terror Volta's Something Wicked Sundays
22 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

I'll be there! I just need to figure out who to bring 😄 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

Yep! I am quite familiar with the patron arcs, and that can absolutely be a thing. With Terror Volta, it'll have to be done through Ouroboros, but that's not a problem. We can also pick up an Ouroboro badge or three as well. Perhaps next week for SWS8!

I will let you know if I have a patron badge mission queued up that could be shared for one of these SWS. I know for sure I have a Spider's Kiss ready and waiting that I informed you of recently. I could save it for next week if you like. If you are looking to run the whole arc as an event, we could all do my lone badge mission as a secondary badge that day. 😄

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/11/2021 at 4:25 AM, Bananiac said:

I am asking for purely personal reasons, because I've never done those and am looking at one or the other now for some of my new-born 50ies builds.

I am pretty sure you would know how that works, right? 😉

How funny that I just read this? I have a toon that needs the Patron Arc. She just turned Level 50 and I want to do the Patron Arc so I can respec her and get influence for all her existing SO's 😄 I was going to try to get the full arc done on a couple of my villains to see if she could tag along, but this sounds perfect!

• Like 1

Something Wicked Sunday 8 will be a double feature! Like the two circles of an 8! Stick around for one! Stick around for both! Villains do what they want!

Part 1: Captain Mako's patron story arc as run through Ouroboros. Meet up in Ouroboroborobobro. There is like a level minimum here because of stringent Ourobro protocols. Is it 35? Maybe! Also there may be an alignment minimum here as well. So be either of Rogue or Villain alignment.

Part 2: Barracuda's Reichsman's SF! This one is a bit different from the Dr Kahn version. This one feeds on a variety of archetypes. Try to have a character in mind who is 45+ and a different AT from everyone else. Terror Volta is the Tanker, of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

Part 1: Captain Mako's patron story arc as run through Ouroboros. Meet up in Ouroboroborobobro. There is like a level minimum here because of stringent Ourobro protocols. Is it 35? Maybe! Also there may be an alignment minimum here as well. So be either of Rogue or Villain alignment.

Part 2: Barracuda's Reichsman's SF! This one is a bit different from the Dr Kahn version. This one feeds on a variety of archetypes. Try to have a character in mind who is 45+ and a different AT from everyone else. Terror Volta is the Tanker, of course.

I will be there for both, probably on my ice/rad sentinel whose name I can't recall right now because she changes personas pretty often for the different theme events. You'll know me when you see my evil frostiness in Ouro!

Does the Barracuda SF have the third segment of Tried and True badge, like the Khan TF does?

• Thumbs Up 1