Terror Volta's Something Wicked Sundays

TraumaTrain

Today's SWS was loads o' fun! After getting through the Mako arc for Bloodletter badge with the glitched mission that we had to restart, the Barracuda SF was craziness with that Reichsman fight at the end! Longest fight ever, but once we figured out a strategy there was no stopping us.  I was pulling out every trick I could think of... I burned through 4 shivans and almost a whole pack of envenomed daggers, my lore pet, my patron pet, every temp power I had in my arsenal. I know others were using tricks too, shivans and Amy Jonsson and backup radios..... whew! Great challenge and great fun!
image.thumb.png.12ec1ea2b39765604095d694e9d6d757.png

It took just just under 2 1/2 hours!

image.png.251d106ffce616a9b0641cfd2ce4a367.png

Thank for the fun, everyone, and thanks Rich, for running these today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Man, that was rough! The Mako patron arc (through Ouroboros) had a bugged beginning, but we persevered through it.

The Barracuda went fairly well except for Mueller of the Comb-Over getting lost in the elevators.

Then there was Reichsman. And the never-ending adds. Almost never-ending anyway.

I have to admit... When it looked like SL II dropped out, and the ambushes kept spawning, and I was super hungry, I lost hope that we would succeed. Then she came back on (bad internets), and I saw there were no more ambushes materializing...

That ending was epic!

I taunted him away, and I saw all of you run into the booth to get your temp powers! I threw down all my temp pets to help! I must have thrown a hundred envenomed daggers!

Frustrating, but rewarding. Very exciting. Thank you all who participated!

That's a great screen shot there. You can see my Meltdown power going off!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TraumaTrain said:

The Barracuda went fairly well except for Mueller of the Comb-Over getting lost in the elevators.

LOL, that was a riot.

I have to admit... When it looked like SL II dropped out, and the ambushes kept spawning, and I was super hungry, I lost hope that we would succeed. Then she came back on (bad internets), and I saw there were no more ambushes materializing...

That ending was epic!

It was super amazing!  At one point when several of you had gone to the hospital, I was able to rez in that end room and they didn't know I was there at first. I tucked myself away near the entrance in a side corner, and waited around a pillar for the ambushes to find me, one by one.  Wave after wave of ambushes but I was handling it all right, and I really thought I was thinning them out!  That's before we realized that they kept spawning. LOL. Ah well, I got lots of XP and good drops, and leveled from vet lvl 11 to 13.

I taunted him away, and I saw all of you run into the booth to get your temp powers! I threw down all my temp pets to help! I must have thrown a hundred envenomed daggers!

Haha, yes I felt all that happen too. It was like the angels were singing and the heavens were casting their glow upon us.

Frustrating, but rewarding. Very exciting. Thank you all who participated!

I loved it!  At a time when so many are bitter about dumbing down the game, it's refreshing to face a real challenge like that.

That's a great screen shot there. You can see my Meltdown power going off!

Um.... your "green cloud of goodness" was it?  😄

• Haha 1

Wow! Looks like I missed an epic adventure! 

We went out to the Cinema yesterday - for the 1st time in like 1,5 years - to watch the new Dune movie. Which was awesome and something I had been looking forward to do since the news broke that there will be a remake!

But when I came back later and logged in, I saw you guys still teaming in my friendslist. I had no idea you must have been still on the Reichsmann at that time! 😄

Persistance Badge to all of you!🏅

• Haha 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Something Wicked Sunday 9

October 3rd.

So I have a plan for us. We're going to march into Recluse's Victory and take down the silly heroes: Ms. Liberty, Back alley Brawler, Synapse, Manticore, Positron, and Penelope Yin. (This is not PvP... we're not going to PvP.)

We'll get the badges for the heroes, the exploration badges, and likely the badge for spending an hour in zone. We're looking at 16 badges total.

You gotta be of Villain or Rogue alignment and level 40+. The closer to 50/Incarnate you are, the better off we'll be. I don't think this whole thing will take much longer than an hour or so. An hour and a half?

I don't want to engage in PvP, so we will stick together like we're glued and if some rando hero wants a go at us, they'll get the whole team on them. If it somehow becomes a super bad nuisance, we can exit and finger something else out. With Indom's population dropping, I don't think there's much in the way of PvP anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

Something Wicked Sunday 9

October 3rd.

So I have a plan for us. We're going to march into Recluse's Victory and take down the silly heroes: Ms. Liberty, Back alley Brawler, Synapse, Manticore, Positron, and Penelope Yin. (This is not PvP... we're not going to PvP.)

We'll get the badges for the heroes, the exploration badges, and likely the badge for spending an hour in zone. We're looking at 16 badges total.

You gotta be of Villain or Rogue alignment and level 40+. The closer to 50/Incarnate you are, the better off we'll be. I don't think this whole thing will take much longer than an hour or so. An hour and a half?

I don't want to engage in PvP, so we will stick together like we're glued and if some rando hero wants a go at us, they'll get the whole team on them. If it somehow becomes a super bad nuisance, we can exit and finger something else out. With Indom's population dropping, I don't think there's much in the way of PvP anymore.

The tricky part is getting the right pair to spawn. A while back I did this with another player (@Shocktacular) and we must've taken over and traded the last pillbox to spawn the duo AVs we needed like 18 times. They were pretty tough solo/duo, we used our temps and all that at the time. 

Since PvP zones don't allow temps from outside the zone anymore or Incarnates except Alpha, I highly recommend snagging the PvP Fakkolades from the vendor at the entrance. Also recommend buying Ultimate inspiration ahead of time as well.

Edited by Glacier Peak
remembered player name
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Thanks, @Glacier Peak !

I kind of have a rough idea of how the event in RV works, but I've never done it. I was thinking all of the heroes would spawn, but I guess it's only a couple at a time. So the process might take a bit longer than I'm thinking, which is okay.

You are more than welcome to join in, even as a blue sider for pillbox swapping if needed!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

Thanks, @Glacier Peak !

I kind of have a rough idea of how the event in RV works, but I've never done it. I was thinking all of the heroes would spawn, but I guess it's only a couple at a time. So the process might take a bit longer than I'm thinking, which is okay.

You are more than welcome to join in, even as a blue sider for pillbox swapping if needed!

Our shenanigans...

• Thanks 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I'll be there as well. I can assist in anyway as I already have all the PvP badges. I have a healer on separate account if we need, or I have my namesake, which really helps with -regen on AVs. Names of my characters if you see them are:

Glacier Peak

Empirical

Psychochronokinesis

Image.thumb.jpg.b0f50f35ef8e9799f7b376dc674d323a.jpg

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

On 10/3/2021 at 11:34 AM, Glacier Peak said:

I'll be there as well. I can assist in anyway as I already have all the PvP badges

Thank you, GP, for your help and guidance yesterday! I have a much greater understanding of how that works now, not to mention all the new shinies. 🤩

Thanks for getting us all together @TraumaTrain for an Especially Wicked Sunday!

• Thumbs Up 1

That was great fun! And lots of badges were had.

Thanks to all who came and joined in. Some new faces there. Vibrato, Convergent, Absinos (?), and even Pajama. Special thanks to @Glacier Peak for the knowledgeable.... uh... knowledge. (Whatever the words are.)

Something Wicked Sunday 10

How about a Lord Recluse SF this week?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, TraumaTrain said:

That was great fun! And lots of badges were had.

Thanks to all who came and joined in. Some new faces there. Vibrato, Convergent, Absinos (?), and even Pajama. Special thanks to @Glacier Peak for the knowledgeable.... uh... knowledge. (Whatever the words are.)

Something Wicked Sunday 10

How about a Lord Recluse SF this week?

Not sure how the weekend is looking just yet, but I'm going to start drafting the brackets and writing the how to for the Arena badges I mentioned ingame. The really annoying ones to snag - Tournament Victor and Swiss Pentad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour