Tips Missions and Exploration Badges

MikeSol

From the Issue 27, Page 2 patch notes:

All zones which can be unlocked in the Long Range Teleporter have Tour Guide Missions set up (apart from Pocket D and Kallisti Wharf)

In practical terms this means that any zone with a base portal (aside from Pocket D and Kallisti, as mentioned) can drop tour guide missions. The list of zones with a base portal was revised in Issue 27, Page 1 when the Long Range Teleporter was introduced. The list is in the Issue 27, Page 1 patch notes (about midway down, or search for 'Complete Base Portal List').

Last I heard the plan was to expand the tour guide missions to other zones with exploration badges in future issues/pages, until eventually all (or at least the vast majority) of exploration badges had accompanying tour guide missions. Tour guide missions will drop while street-sweeping in the listed zones as long as you have un-earned exploration badges in that zone.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
correcting terminology
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MikeSol said:

What exactly triggers these TIPS missions to activate?

Defeating critters in zones in which you haven't acquired all of the exploration badges (not in instanced missions).

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

3 hours ago, Luminara said:

Defeating critters in zones in which you haven't acquired all of the exploration badges (not in instanced missions).

Does this include mobs that con gray to me?

Edited by MikeSol

3 hours ago, TombTyrant said:

Bosses and if you can find the EBs have a good chance to drop one, Lts and Minions have less chance but still can.

Exploration tips drop at the same rate from all ranks.

Ok, so basically, if I want the exploration tips missions to pop up, I just need to fight mobs, any mobs, on the streets of that zone. I need to stay away from instanced door missions. 

I know I can get the badges with map overlays or just by googling them, but I like getting them this way.

Thank you for all the help.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Exploration tips drop at the same rate from all ranks.

Are you sure about this?  I recall reading in release notes somewhere that rank did affect drop rate.

Also, just adding to the thread details... you can only have 1 tip at a time from each zone... so if you have one from atlas park, you can't get another one from atlas until you drop it or complete it.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

33 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

Are you sure about this?  I recall reading in release notes somewhere that rank did affect drop rate.

You're right.  I was wrong.  It's in the patch notes that @AboveTheChemist linked.  👍

Though, since they can drop from greys, it's really not worth encouraging anyone to hunt bosses for a slightly improved drop rate when one-shotting an entire spawn of deep greys will likely have better results.

• Like 1