Scrapper (and other?) Dual Blades Ablating Strike Shows Incorrectly High Damage in Power Details

aethereal

The detailed info for Ablating Strike in Scrapper dual blades shows "two ticks of 80.81 damage."  The actual power effect is two ticks of 41.29 damage.

I looked at the power definition (in Rubi's API) and could not figure out why the detailed info thinks it's 80.81.  It's not fiery embrace, it's not critical damage, both of which show up on separate lines in the API, and neither of which would take it from 41.29 to 80.81.  Maybe it's something to do with the code for the two ticks, which is somewhat confusingly coded as: 41.2906 points of Lethal damage (all affected targets) every 0.4s for 0.6s after 0.125s?  Though again, I don't see how that gets us from 41.29 to 80.81.  It's weird that 80.81 is almost-but-not-quite double 41.29.

I'm sure this is a bug that's existed for a while, but, anyway.

2 hours ago, aethereal said:

The detailed info for Ablating Strike in Scrapper dual blades shows "two ticks of 80.81 damage."  The actual power effect is two ticks of 41.29 damage.

I looked at the power definition (in Rubi's API) and could not figure out why the detailed info thinks it's 80.81.  It's not fiery embrace, it's not critical damage, both of which show up on separate lines in the API, and neither of which would take it from 41.29 to 80.81.  Maybe it's something to do with the code for the two ticks, which is somewhat confusingly coded as: 41.2906 points of Lethal damage (all affected targets) every 0.4s for 0.6s after 0.125s?  Though again, I don't see how that gets us from 41.29 to 80.81.  It's weird that 80.81 is almost-but-not-quite double 41.29.

I'm sure this is a bug that's existed for a while, but, anyway.

Screenshot?

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Okay, I understand where the 80 damage is coming from: it's showing enhanced damage on my slotted scrapper, not unenhanced.  But note the total damage and DPA calculations at the top, which again double it (I thought it was showing the unenhanced damage in the line detail and then the enhanced damage in the unparenthesized Average Damage and DPA/DPCS lines at the top).

So...  PROBABLY what it's doing is showing the correct detail lines but the Average Damage and DPA lines at the top are incorrectly showing the damage including Fiery Embrace?

1541088245_ScreenShot2021-07-25at11_46_45AM.thumb.png.e7fa47e0b641d82c89bdbd6c6d5ae535.png

2061158330_ScreenShot2021-07-25at11_45_29AM.thumb.png.7fa81a46936e2d013097332c6ad3270d.png

4 hours ago, aethereal said:

the Average Damage and DPA lines at the top are incorrectly showing the damage including Fiery Embrace?

Correct, this is a known display bug where powers that are DoTs include Fiery Embrace's damage in the calculations. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I pretty much always calculate DPA manually since there are way too many instances of the in game calculation including unwanted stuff. Also, I am guessing that the in game calculation doesn’t account for arcanatime?