Minor Forum Nuisance: How do I turn off "auto-Emoticon"?

AspieAnarchy

First, apologies, if this is not the ideal Forum for such a query; I welcome being moved elsewhere if so.

I just want things like "8)" AKA "😎" or ":P" "😜"  et cetera et cetera to not automatically turn into smiley-faces or whatever when I type them in here; That's all. 

If you could tell me how to turn it off - or failing that, even do something behind the scenes for me if necessary and not too much work - I would appreciate it.

Edited by AspieAnarchy

...If you're not willing to risk your life or what you hold dear to accomplish your goal, then maybe you should re-think what you really want. Power, control, security; all of those are just fancy ways of saying that you're afraid, and you want to not be afraid anymore. People will do a lot to avoid fear, even become the monsters they're afraid of. - Crimson

The game lags because you touch yourself at night - @Zem

A PC.

I begrudge "phones" their very existence.

I imagine my Primal characters (who aren't psychics or aliens or whatever) mostly have normal mid'-'000s (which I pronounce "ooze") cell phones.

My Praetorians (Loyalists especially), on the other hand...I have no trouble thinking those damned things are the order of the day there (each bearing the Sinclair Seal of Approval!).

...If you're not willing to risk your life or what you hold dear to accomplish your goal, then maybe you should re-think what you really want. Power, control, security; all of those are just fancy ways of saying that you're afraid, and you want to not be afraid anymore. People will do a lot to avoid fear, even become the monsters they're afraid of. - Crimson

The game lags because you touch yourself at night - @Zem