Social Media CoH Homecoming Blitz

Snarky

Each week we see a couple of posters here on the boards flabbergasted by the discovery of the continuing existence of the best Super game of all time.

Just throwing this idea out there.  If each of us put out one small post on each of the social media outlets we use the odds of Homecoming's existence becoming known will go way up.  A good grassroots push can be like rocket fuel to a project.

So... I respectfully request that each of us post once on each social network we use once in the coming week about CoH Homecoming.  Lets fill those DFB ranks! There are people out there that would kill to be able to run a Synapse again, and have no idea you still can!

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 4

Last time I commented on Twitterverse about playing I had a bunch of friends reply that they used to play and would love to play again. But never followed through with actually playing 🤦‍♀️

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

53 minutes ago, Blackbird71 said:

That would require I actually be on social media.

As much as I like CoH, and would like to see HC succeed, it's not worth it.

This. I will require RL monetary compensation to reactivate my Facebook.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Blackbird71 said:

This is why I have just been spraypainting https://forums.homecomingservers.com/installation-guide/ on the sides of train cars and bridges throughout the upper midwest and Canada.

• Haha 12
  • Thumbs Up 4

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

• 7 months later

Besides this and FB (which is only my out of state friends who play). I don't use anything else, imo its the reasoning behind most of social ills, the toxicity of society, and the "dumbing down" of most people especially our youth.

Yeah, I went into rl issues but, the door was open. So no, if the devs decided to market then that's on them. Besides everytime I turn around there's an article in Massively or Gamerrant.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

The closest I come to social media is to log into a the forums of a game that shutdown about 10 years ago and reply to a few random posts while waiting for my son's school bus.  Besides, people who want to run Synapse are not the type of people I need in my life.

• Haha 9

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

3 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

The only social media thing I use is Twitter and I don't even follow myself on it.

O.o. Why would you follow yourself?

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

38 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

Why would you follow yourself?

To see where the hell I'm going....

*see what i did there i took it completely out of context to make a joke and now i have murdered said joke by explaining it, things like this amuse me

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/28/2021 at 12:26 PM, roleki said:

This is why I have just been spraypainting https://forums.homecomingservers.com/installation-guide/ on the sides of train cars and bridges throughout the upper midwest and Canada.

I expect a notable uptick in fresh hobo players...sorry, transient rail aficionados....any day now.

1 hour ago, SuperPlyx said:

To see where the hell I'm going....

chasing-tail-1.gif

Frankly, I'd love to post invites on social media, but my Facebook friends are mostly the types who raise eyebrows at gamers.  Our mutual interests lie elsewhere.  My only other social media LinkedIn, likewise would not make such a great soapbox podium for promoting the game.  I have been promoting it among my coworkers at the two companies where I've worked since returning to the game, but other than water cooler chat interest, including from those who played the game previously, they're far more interested in hot new games.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I expect a notable uptick in fresh hobo players...sorry, transient rail aficionados....any day now.

chasing-tail-1.gif

Frankly, I'd love to post invites on social media, but my Facebook friends are mostly the types who raise eyebrows at gamers.  Our mutual interests lie elsewhere.  My only other social media LinkedIn, likewise would not make such a great soapbox podium for promoting the game.  I have been promoting it among my coworkers at the two companies where I've worked since returning to the game, but other than water cooler chat interest, including from those who played the game previously, they're far more interested in hot new games.

That's a really good point.  I mean, if I did use social media, I'm not sure I would want to tell the world I play CoH.

• Haha 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Let's all chip in and buy a 30 second ad during the next Super Bowl. I'm thinking maybe a QR code that bounces around the screen.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wait, City Of Heroes is BACK?!

• Haha 4

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 3/16/2022 at 3:32 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

Wait, City Of Heroes is BACK?!

No, lurid rumors of its return have met their demise!

🕷️ City of Villains is back! 🕷️

Read all about it in the Newspaper!  The original antisocial media!   Get yours now, bank vaults are waaaaaaaiting!

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

If YouTube counts, I've been making CoH vids for a few months now, and I make a point to find other channels that are also playing CoH and like, sub and comment on the vids, even the ones that are unedited 2 hour sessions.

OP is right, growing the community takes all of us. I make videos because I can show what makes the game fun for me.

• Thumbs Up 5

On 7/28/2021 at 8:18 AM, Blackbird71 said:

I don't see how it's not worth it. There is literally no effort in posting on a social media profile. It takes 5 seconds. It's not difficult at all and it benefits everyone who plays the game. Lol!

• Thumbs Down 1

• 2 months later

I'm 55. I deal with C-suite executives pretty much every day as an executive recruiter. I've no idea how such a thing would play out for me in the long run, but I seriously doubt it would instill any of my clients with confidence. 

As far as my real life friends, I don't think I could tell them I spend too much time playing a computer game. I would be truly embarrassed. I wouldn't tell them about Madden NFL, nor this. They might know I play chess online, but they know I travel to chess tournaments when I'm not quarantined. 

So, no. Not going to do it. 

• Sad 1

On 7/28/2021 at 8:53 AM, Snarky said:

... I respectfully request that each of us post once on each social network we use once in the coming week about CoH Homecoming.

My social media consists of these forums and fark.com. I'm also on linkedin but there's no way in hell I'm posting anything there.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/28/2021 at 8:53 AM, Snarky said:

A good grassroots push can be like rocket fuel to a project.

"Grassroots" eh?  It's old school, but it worked quite well before, to the point of being iconic in the eastern states:

image.png.d5efc659327be61aec9aa9048b992c95.png

Edited by Techwright
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 3