Social Media CoH Homecoming Blitz

Snarky

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

I'm 55. I deal with C-suite executives pretty much every day as an executive recruiter. I've no idea how such a thing would play out for me in the long run, but I seriously doubt it would instill any of my clients with confidence. 

As far as my real life friends, I don't think I could tell them I spend too much time playing a computer game. I would be truly embarrassed.

There's your problem.  I associate with geeks and nerds so I'm fine with telling them I play video games.  In fact, I met my girlfriend in CoH and my friends and family know it.

Edited by Ironblade
  • Like 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

5 hours ago, Ukase said:

I'm 55. I deal with C-suite executives pretty much every day as an executive recruiter. I've no idea how such a thing would play out for me in the long run, but I seriously doubt it would instill any of my clients with confidence. 

As far as my real life friends, I don't think I could tell them I spend too much time playing a computer game. I would be truly embarrassed. I wouldn't tell them about Madden NFL, nor this. They might know I play chess online, but they know I travel to chess tournaments when I'm not quarantined. 

So, no. Not going to do it. 

This sums it up for me as well. Though I’ll go a bit further and say that I just don’t like social media in general. Though I won’t go on my soap box about that. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Yeah no. I use twitter because I have to and have pretty much stopped using Facebook over the idiocy it has caused over the last 5 years. So no I won't be promoting anything on it. Discord I use only because it's a channel the devs here for betas use. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Ironblade said:

There's your problem.  I associate with geeks and nerds so I'm fine with telling them I play video games.  In fact, I met my girlfriend in CoH and my friends and family know it.

Curiously, the current batch of geeks and nerds I work with are forever talking about games, including some older MMOs like WoW, but when I bring up CoH, they're a bunch of snobs.  I know one of them still holds a grudge based on how a previous company holding CoH treated him. 

As to family, I'm the only geek.  The rest are action-oriented (My brother and sis-in-law are Iron Man triathletes and my nephew-in-law does competition fishing for examples) and don't really "get" me or my game and tech interests.  They do like me a lot though, when their computers break. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Techwright said:

"Grassroots" eh?  It's old school, but it worked quite well before, to the point of being iconic in the eastern states:

image.png.d5efc659327be61aec9aa9048b992c95.png

I don't know if we should be advertising in Croatoa though, we don't want a wave of monster tourists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

(deleted for that darn double-post bug)

Edited by Clave Dark 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 7/28/2021 at 1:53 PM, Snarky said:

Each week we see a couple of posters here on the boards flabbergasted by the discovery of the continuing existence of the best Super game of all time.

Just throwing this idea out there.  If each of us put out one small post on each of the social media outlets we use the odds of Homecoming's existence becoming known will go way up.  A good grassroots push can be like rocket fuel to a project.

So... I respectfully request that each of us post once on each social network we use once in the coming week about CoH Homecoming.  Lets fill those DFB ranks! There are people out there that would kill to be able to run a Synapse again, and have no idea you still can!

Probably a lot of people out there don't know it's back.

And gave up hope of it ever coming bk.

Azrael.

• Thumbs Up 1

Someone mentioned it in my World of Warships Legends FB group, and my heart skipped a beat. I'd played this game from day 1 in 2004 until they shut off the servers Nov 2013. It feels like I've come back home now. Thank you, Homecoming!

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

Welcome Home!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Literally wrote a thread a week ago on twitter about all the things in COH that ruined me for other MMO's, and almost all the comments were "HOW ARE YOU PLAYING CITY OF HEROES". 

It was a laugh. 

Lots of folks who used to play and still like the game wanted back on. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Retired Lead Game Master
4 hours ago, J_3MBG said:

Literally wrote a thread a week ago on twitter about all the things in COH that ruined me for other MMO's, and almost all the comments were "HOW ARE YOU PLAYING CITY OF HEROES". 

It was a laugh. 

Nice.

Hope you get 'em in here!

• Like 1

Just now, GM Kal said:

Nice.

Hope you get 'em in here!

I dropped links. But i'm a notoriously solo player. More so now that i am looking after a baby and only get to play for 30 mins while shes napping now and then. So i haven't checked up on them

On 6/20/2022 at 10:39 PM, Techwright said:

I know one of them still holds a grudge based on how a previous company holding CoH treated him. 

I had a couple of friends who were doing an incredibly competitive apprenticeship for the NCSoft UK offices in Brighton and they were both let go on the same day, as well as around 70 other employees. I know one now still works in the same field of game development, but it was a bit of a bump in his career development. NCSoft, back in the late noughties, were brutal.

Edited by Gulbasaur
  • Thumbs Up 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Last night at Cosmic Council social gathering (over a billion handed out in trivia prizes and mult winter/super packs as door gifts!) we had three new people say they had just recently found out about CoH

I know most of us think everyone knows CoH is available. It is not well known

Edited by Snarky
  • Thumbs Up 2

I evangelize the game every chance I get, but I am shocked at how little interest my (otherwise extremely geeky) circle of friends exhibits about it.  This was the game for me, and I was so heartbroken when it was canceled, but I guess it didn't scratch everyone's itch the way it did mine.  Even my friends who played it back in the day were basically, like, 'meh, that's interesting but I'd rather play Elden Ring.'

I was kind of bummed out to be honest.

• Like 1

• 1 year later
On 6/26/2022 at 11:33 PM, J_3MBG said:

It was a laugh. 

The funny part about seeing this bumped is knowing this user via board gaming content versus playing here. His Youtube is https://www.youtube.com/@3MBG

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

• 2 weeks later