Homecoming suddenly not working with Express VPN

So, I can still log in, but when it tries to retrieve the character list from the server, it just sits there indefinitely until you start getting the messages that say "No response from the server for 40 seconds" etc.  If I turn off Express VPN it works.

Literally last night, I was logging in and playing fine with the VPN running.  Turning the VPN off just to play is not an acceptable solution.  What's going on with this and how can it be fixed?

• 1 year later

Sorry for bumping into an old conversation. You could try to change the server location on your VPN. Sometimes different servers can have different levels of connectivity, and switching t"Sorry for bumping into an old conversation. You could try to change the server location on your VPN. Sometimes different servers can have different levels of connectivity, and switching to a different server might help you get back in the game.
Another thing to consider is whether there have been any recent updates to the game or the VPN software. Also, contact an IP checking service like IP lookup API for more details about your IP. I hope that helps. "o a different server might help you get back in the game.
Another thing to consider is whether there have been any recent updates to the game or the VPN software.

Edited by NickGross