Mobs Running from Lightning Storm

Griffyn

I just did my Alpha unlock arc and both Trapdoor and Echo of Minos broke aggro and ran as soon as I summoned Lightning Storm. Why is there an issue #1 fear effect with power? Both EBs were highly resistant to my *two* immob powers so I couldn't even root them.

Same applies to Tornado. Mobs run like rabbits as soon as it is cast and the effect of my Overwhelming Force KB2KD was also ignored by these mobs. This power is rendered almost completely useless in AV fights since the patch that changed the aggro calculations.

There's a reason why the issue 1 fear effects were changed.

In my opinion the Storm set was semi-broken way back in...I don't remember what issue...8 or 9 I'd guess, when Hurricane was changed due to PvP issues.  Up to that point it could be used to reliably corral mobs.  The repel pulsed many times per second, so it was basically constant.  Mobs couldn't run through it and get pushed out the other side like they can now.  So you could put them in a corner and keep them there while your lightning and tornado worked them over.

Now they run to the far side of the map, often until you lose your target on them.

There are two sets that have this problem: Storm and Traps.  Fear to the point that it renders some of the best powers very situational.  On teams if you have a tank taunting you can use them.  Solo often not.  Now that I've tried pairing Traps with Illusion, which has summonable mobs that taunt and thereby counter the fear effect well enough, I don't know that I would play Storm or Traps paired with any other set.

I don’t know what set you’ve been playing but these days Storm has never been better due to Sudden Acceleration and Force Feedback procs tuning down their scattering while tuning up their damage bigtime. Most experienced Storms I know only run Hurricane against AV’s. If you have an occasional runner, shoot them down or CC them - with all that DPS, you’ve got time to. 

Does it scatter things more than a taunting tank would? Yes, obviously. Does the running across the map complaint sound like hyperbole since most mobs are either on their backs or dead? Yes, it does.

Edited by arcane

I run a plethora of Storm AT’s, across many AT’s.  I have an Ill/Storm controller with water spout that can throw out Tornado x2 and LS x2 every spawn due to high recharge and I also have Spectral Terror.  The only time I get AV’s running is if there’s a second stormy on the team.

On 8/2/2021 at 5:28 AM, carroto said:

There are two sets that have this problem: Storm and Traps.  Fear to the point that it renders some of the best powers very situational.  On teams if you have a tank taunting you can use them.  Solo often not.  Now that I've tried pairing Traps with Illusion, which has summonable mobs that taunt and thereby counter the fear effect well enough, I don't know that I would play Storm or Traps paired with any other set.

Add dark to that in my experience.  Howling Twilight also has a "fear effect" in its power info and I definitely have noticed it causing AV's to take off.  One of the most useful points of the power is its huge -regen to use on AV's and yet it also tends to make them run which can lower dps enough to completely negate the whole point of using it.  They ignore most of tar patch's slow so that doesn't help and them also running out of the tar due to the fear issue just hurts even more.   

I ended up shelving my beast/dark MM due to the issue after watching the AV's in Citadel and Manticore running all over the place, something they don't do on most of my other characters.  It was especially hard on melee pets as most of the time their dps was 0 from doing nothing but running around after them.   Yes I could have taken an epic immobilize and combined with dark servant's immobilize it probably would have been enough, but that's later game and I like my characters to exemp well.

I also have an illusion/dark controller and don't really have any issues with that one.  Phantom army's taunt really does work pretty well.

Unfortunately as has been mentioned these aren't bugs though.  Better for the suggestion forum.

Edited by Riverdusk