Experienced Marksman: Range/Fast Snipe

Mack008

Was just looking at the enhancement in the title, and I understand that it makes your snipe always a Fast Snipe, but is the damage always Fast Snipe as well?  Was hoping this gives Fast Snipe's timing with Slow Snipe's damage.

Good read on how/why the EM IO proc impacts snipes:

In a nutshell, if you slot this Proc you are basically always using Snipe powers as an “in combat” mode, losing your long range snipe damage bonus.  Depending on your build though you might it that way.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

In summation, it has no reason to exist.  It only penalizes you and provides no advantage.

Too bad too because the 6th slot in that is range defense (I love it like way too much...) and the set starts off with 5% Range boost on all powers.  But yeah, you lose a hard hitting alpha strike permanently.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/30/2021 at 6:29 PM, Snarky said:

Too bad too because the 6th slot in that is range defense (I love it like way too much...) and the set starts off with 5% Range boost on all powers.  But yeah, you lose a hard hitting alpha strike permanently.  

True, but by end game, +DEF buffs from others are so abundant that it’s not game breaking for many.  And outside of soloing and/or as use for pulling, the long animation time needed for the heavy hitting snipe just isn’t that useful at endgame anyways…stuff dies way too fast.

Or, do what I do….carry a bunch of unslotters and just pull the proc when you need the long range snipe capabilities….and then re-slot it otherwise.  Enhancements aren’t permanent.

• Haha 1

On 7/30/2021 at 2:02 PM, DarknessEternal said:

In summation, it has no reason to exist.  It only penalizes you and provides no advantage.

The advantage is that you don't have to put interrupt enhancers in the snipe if that is an issue for you .... but ....

It really isn't so much of an issue any more as the snipe automatically turns into a fast snipe at this point once you are in combat ... which wasn't the case on live.

Now it more-or-less is just there to fill the set because something else hasn't been created to fill the slot.

"Chance of doing Snipe damage in Fast Snipe mode"?

That might be a good substitute for it in the set.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.