Enflame and Corrosive Vial missing Containment damage

InfamousBrad

For controllers, the Enflame power from the Sorcery pool, and the Corrosive Vial power from the Experimentation pool, are missing their containment damage.

I double-checked in City of Data, and they're the only pool damage-dealing powers that are missing it altogether.

Although I did find one related bug there, too: Arcane Bolt from the Sorcery pool does have Containment damage ... but the Containment damage doesn't scale up with Arcane Power.

8 hours ago, InfamousBrad said:

For controllers, the Enflame power from the Sorcery pool, and the Corrosive Vial power from the Experimentation pool, are missing their containment damage.

I double-checked in City of Data, and they're the only pool damage-dealing powers that are missing it altogether.

Although I did find one related bug there, too: Arcane Bolt from the Sorcery pool does have Containment damage ... but the Containment damage doesn't scale up with Arcane Power.

Patch damage has never done containment damage. Like Ice Storm, Bonfire, etc. I have never used Corrosive Vial but know for certain Enflame summons patches. They are the only pool power exceptions you’ve found because they are the only pool powers that summon patches.

Procs have not done containment damage either though there are less examples of this to reference (examples outside of damage proc enhancements ofc, none of which get containment damage). But I would assume Arcane Bolt’s proc functions like a damage proc like Assault Radial or Toxins does.

All working as intended as far as I know.

Edited by arcane

5 hours ago, arcane said:

But I would assume Arcane Bolt’s proc functions like a damage proc like Assault Radial or Toxins does.

Only loosely; it functions more like the Gassian's proc -- it is a tag on your other powers to give them a chance to proc a 'build up' that only affects Arcane Bolt. And this effect is independent of Arcane Bolt; if you exemp far enough to lose Arcane Bolt, the proc effect on your other powers still triggers, even though you can't take advantage of it.

On 7/31/2021 at 5:58 PM, arcane said:

Patch damage has never done containment damage. Like Ice Storm, Bonfire, etc. I have never used Corrosive Vial but know for certain Enflame summons patches. They are the only pool power exceptions you’ve found because they are the only pool powers that summon patches.

Procs have not done containment damage either though there are less examples of this to reference (examples outside of damage proc enhancements ofc, none of which get containment damage). But I would assume Arcane Bolt’s proc functions like a damage proc like Assault Radial or Toxins does.

All working as intended as far as I know.

Actually Ice Storm DOES do Containment damage. It specifically has a "Controller only" version with a line for Containment (because back then the only way to do Different AT Scales was copy the power for the new /  different AT). 

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=pets.epic_icestorm.icestorm&at=minion_pets

The rather vague rule back then was "Did we create a Controller specific version of the Patch Power in question which we can add the Containment line to". For Ice Storm the answer was yes. For lots of other things (like Bonfire) it seems to be "No". 

Enflame should too, because the base damage is very low on it for Controllers. Enflame also has some (I assume new / Homecoming) checks to check the AT of the caster to decide the damage. 

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=pets.enflame.enflame&at=minion_pets

So they probably should Contain, just as Ice Storm does (and it should probably also Scourge, although that could make it VERY good vs AVs) and could using this new source.owner>arch eq 'Controller' check. 

Mind you Corrosive is a bit of a shambles at the moment so that probably needs an overhaul in general. 

*Edit. In fact it looks to me that Ice Storm only adds the Cold part as Containment. Not the lethal. That's another inconsistency, but may be a balance choice.

Edited by Carnifax
  • Like 1