Energy Aura Tank, including Disrupt!

detour

Right.  So after leveling all manner of tanks, i've decided to give my first brute a go to 50.  In reviewing brute possibilities, something occurred to me as i clicked 'energy/energy': not only was there not an energy aura tank, but that apparently there was some commentary about how 'overpowered' it might be to port it over to tank.  i was astonished. 
I then began to study the other archetypes that have access to energy aura, and found that the stalker variety has a great power in it - disrupt - that other energy aura versions don't have!  
So my question/suggestion is: couldn't a way be found to effectively create a new tank set to level, port disrupt over (as that seems to be a great mob mitigation power for a tank), and address any question about comparable power levels?  we seem to do that part with some frequency, adjusting things like regen and titan weapon as we go along.  I ask because there are currently 11 tanker primaries.  If i've gone through 10, and bio armour is my last to get to 50, i'd love another go at trying something new, something that wouldn't have to be built from the ground-up. 
Cheers, thanks a lot!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JayboH said:

EA tankers being overpowered does not compute.  We already have nearly unkillable tanks and I don't see how EA is way beyond that level in someone's mind.

I think they’ve said the defense is too much for something with resistance and healing too, but it seems simple enough to just swap the extra defense buff out of Energy Drain for something else if that’s the reasoning..

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, JayboH said:

EA tankers being overpowered does not compute.  We already have nearly unkillable tanks and I don't see how EA is way beyond that level in someone's mind.

What is this word.... "Nearly"....  not in language database.

• Haha 2