Can remove a slot, but can’t place a slot without saving/exiting/reloading build

Crysis

I’ve had this issue for months now, and not sure what’s going on.

If I open a build to tinker with it, I can easily remove however many enhancement slots I wish.  But I can’t place them without first saving the build (with the slots removed) and then re-loading the build.  Once reloaded, I can place the removed slots wherever I wish.

I’m fairly sure I’ve got everything else flagged/toggled as required.  I’m in Dynamic mode, I make sure Powers/Slots is toggled, etc.  And, as I’ve stated, if I save the build, exit and then re-load it, I can place my slots just fine.  Just pretty annoying to do that every time.

Try doing this:

Slots/Enhancements --> Slots --> Auto-Arrange All Slots

It may be that you're pulling a slot that was placed at low level and trying to insert it into a power taken at a higher level.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 7/31/2021 at 4:57 PM, Hyperstrike said:

Try doing this:

Slots/Enhancements --> Slots --> Auto-Arrange All Slots

It may be that you're pulling a slot that was placed at low level and trying to insert it into a power taken at a higher level.

Meant to come back and reply.

No, still doesn't work.   Slot removed, do Auto-Arrange, that completes.  Still can't place the slot.  I'm sure Powers/Slots is toggled on and it clearly says I have one slot to place.  But only way I can do it is to save the build, exit Mids, come back and instantly....I've got a slot to place somewhere.

Very repeatable.

• 3 months later

Necro'ing my own post here because I finally solved this.  And I'm feeling mighty stupid as to what the "Fix" is for me.

When I'm in Mids, I almost always have the Totals tab selected.  Well apparently, you can REMOVE a slot while that tab is selected, but you can't ADD a slot unless you toggle back over to the Info tab.  Once I did that....I can freely re-assign slots all day long.

The tipoff for me was that whenever I'd remove a slot and get "stuck" not being able to add it elsewhere, I would be forced to save my incomplete build, exit Mids, then re-load that same build and the slot would instantly be available to re-assign.  But re-loading the build also auto-defaults the log-in state to the Info tab being selected (as opposed to Totals).

I feel reeeeeeeeeeeeely stupid I didn't realize what was happening.  

So for me at least...problem is now solved.  

• Like 2