Instant Max Level Token

55 minutes ago, arcane said:

I don’t want to have to make influence for my IO’s. Can you make that free too pls.

Also, allow us to buy the passive accolade bonuses at P2W.. since that's something we probably do on every character anyway.

So, one possible solution to this issue (for me, at least) would be if I could convince enough players (that are also RP'ers) to play on Brainstorm.  This would be a hard sell, I admit, because of having to remake your character every time there is a new server update.  It seems unlikely very many players would want to deal with this.

But... on the other hand, is remaking your character every few months (something that can probably be done in an hour to an hour and a half) really less tiresome than having to grind your character up to the level you want to play at and waste time working the player market to get the enhancements you want?

More and more, I'm thinking the answer is no.  Convincing fellow players though... that's a different matter.  🤔

6 minutes ago, Triumphant said:

So, one possible solution to this issue (for me, at least) would be if I could convince enough players (that are also RP'ers) to play on Brainstorm.  This would be a hard sell, I admit, because of having to remake your character every time there is a new server update.  It seems unlikely very many players would want to deal with this.

But... on the other hand, is remaking your character every few months (something that can probably be done in an hour to an hour and a half) really less tiresome than having to grind your character up to the level you want to play at and waste time working the player market to get the enhancements you want?

More and more, I'm thinking the answer is no.  Convincing fellow players though... that's a different matter.  🤔

This can be alleviated in two ways; create the character you want to use on the live servers and just transfer over whenever there is a wipe -or- create a build Mids to upload, save a costume and setup for a character and then create them and autolevel/add all the IOs/etc once you log in on Brainstorm using the cool build importer:

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

43 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

This can be alleviated in two ways; create the character you want to use on the live servers and just transfer over whenever there is a wipe -or- create a build Mids to upload, save a costume and setup for a character and then create them and autolevel/add all the IOs/etc once you log in on Brainstorm using the cool build importer:

I wasn't aware of that, so thanks for the link!  Still, even more importantly, what about bases?  Almost every SG wants a cool base.   These take a great deal of work to build.  Does the base remain after a server update, or is it wiped?  Because that would be eliminating fully half of what makes this game so enjoyable to me.  🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Triumphant said:

Still, even more importantly, what about bases? Does the base remain after a server update, or is it wiped?

Bases are lost when there is a character wipe, but those don't seem to happen too often. Also, the freebies menu on Brainstorm contains all the functionality of that build importer, so you have a couple of options for importing characters.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Bases are lost when there is a character wipe, but those don't seem to happen too often. Also, the freebies menu on Brainstorm contains all the functionality of that build importer, so you have a couple of options for importing characters.

Yeah... having a really cool base wiped is a deal-breaker for me, personally.  Even if it doesn't happen "too often", as you say.  Having it happen, even once, after putting hours and hours into crafting my base just so, is simply unacceptable to me.

Thanks for the clarification on the base issue, though.  👍 

3 hours ago, Cirque said:

Also, allow us to buy the passive accolade bonuses at P2W.. since that's something we probably do on every character anyway.

Yeah but I was kidding because the whole thing is ridiculous.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

They would still jump on farms for cash.

And, yet, you missed my point (like another poster did) that they wouldn't be sending tells looking for an AE farm team be able to door-sit to 50, if they could pick up the option to go to level 50 at the P2W for free.

Sure there would still be people looking for farms because farms are farms, but they wouldn't need to farm to get to level 50 any more.

The OPs post isn't about stomping out farming.

My post in is thread is not about stomping out farming.

This thread is about a token that could be purchased (I say it should be free) that would automatically make your character level 50.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 8/1/2021 at 6:28 PM, Naruchico said:

instant max level token

Maybe I overlooked something here.

Do you mean level 50 or like level 200(or whatever) Veteran?

I'm okay with the level 50 version ... and for free.

I am against a token that takes you to like level 200(or whatever) Veteran ... aka max possible level.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

6 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

And, yet, you missed my point (like another poster did) that they wouldn't be sending tells looking for an AE farm team be able to door-sit to 50, if they could pick up the option to go to level 50 at the P2W for free.

Sure there would still be people looking for farms because farms are farms, but they wouldn't need to farm to get to level 50 any more.

This thread is about a token that could be purchased (I say it should be free) that would automatically make your character level 50.

Correct, they wouldn’t look for a farm to level.

They would however be looking for a farm to get the quick influence, to buy the token.

In other words, you have to completely take “LF Farm” broadcast out of this argument- unless you make the lvl50 token free 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/5/2021 at 8:42 AM, Ghost said:

Correct, they wouldn’t look for a farm to level.

They would however be looking for a farm to get the quick influence, to buy the token.

In other words, you have to completely take “LF Farm” broadcast out of this argument- unless you make the lvl50 token free 

Pretty much my point. Even if the token is free folks would STILL be looking for a farm. Just not for leveling.

And at the point I'd say what's the point. the hardest part of leveling isn't the actual leveling. Not anymore. 

The hardest part for those who don't want to play the market is affording IOs for hose newly minted level 50s.

Edited by golstat2003
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 8/5/2021 at 2:29 AM, UltraAlt said:

Maybe I overlooked something here.

Do you mean level 50 or like level 200(or whatever) Veteran?

I'm okay with the level 50 version ... and for free.

I am against a token that takes you to like level 200(or whatever) Veteran ... aka max possible level.

On 8/5/2021 at 2:26 AM, UltraAlt said:

This is what the OP originally posted: He was not talking about making it being free:

Leveling is great, the 2xp is fantastic help, but why not just make an instant max level token that cost 100mil INF, or whatever number really!

I think this would help my ALT-itis heavily, and also kill some off some of the AE Farm obsession, just a tad.

Eat up some influence, max out characters quicker, and since its a token nobody is forced to do it if they wanna play naturally?

Love to hear some cons about this idea!

Love to hear some cons about this idea!

There are three (supposed) CONS that I've gleaned from the players that object to it.  There may be more and I just missed them.  Do feel free to point them out to me.  Anyways, the three that I noticed people commenting about...

1)  Because if you skip straight to 50, you never learn how to properly play your AT and/or the game.

My response to this is, "Why should I care?"  "What does it have to do with me?"  Presumably, it's because they think unskilled players are a handicap on teams.  I don't see a problem, though, because:

1) When you send your LFT message you can presage it with "ITF speed run, skilled and experienced players only."  Simple.  To the point.  In your realm of control.

2)  Even on high level, high notoriety, high number of enemy settings, team play in this game is fucking easy.  If you can't compensate for a few unskilled players on your team, then you probably shouldn't be complaining about a lack of skilled players.

3)  This game has a community of patient helpful players, willing to show people how to learn the game.  I've noticed that most people are willing to do this for lower level noobs.  Why is it suddenly a chore to do it for high lvl noobs, especially when your powerful character, and your greater level of experience, makes it actually easier to teach them the ropes and still complete the mission/taskforce.

4) There is no real penalty for death in this game.  There is no real penalty for failing missions/TF's, and you can replay any mission or TF as many times as you like (and most experienced players have already completed most TF's multiple times, anyway).

2) Because making everything thing free for players will ruin the market for everyone that likes to play the market.

My thoughts on this:

1) This is a comic book roleplaying game.  If playing pretend stock markets is what thrills you, there are other and better choices for this.  Most of us are here to play super heroes/villains.

2) The player market is a buggy piece of shit anyway.

3) Since the only thing preventing players from accumulating vast wealth is the tedium of regularly burning 30 to 60 minutes doing something most players find boring (or relatively unimportant) anyway, why not just cut straight to the point and make everything free?

4) If you really want to, you can leave the market in place and also allow players to purchase free versions of everything at P2W.  The folks that want to get stuff free can do it and everyone else can still grind/buy/sell/trade for stuff the old fashioned way, on our buggy-ass market, if they so desire (no idea why you would, but that's none of my business.  You should be allowed to enjoy the game the way that you want to, just as I should be allowed to enjoy it the way that I want to).

Now you may argue, that:  If we make everything free, no one will want to play the market anymore, so I won't be able to player the market the way that I like anymore.  Okay, I have two possible responses to this:

1) You can't be sure that this is true.

2) If your correct, and it is true, that means the great majority of players have no interest in playing the market.  If this is true, why are we catering to the desires of a small minority of players, rather than the majority of players?

3) Instantly getting to lvl 50 will cause players to quickly grow bored and lose interest in the game.

Here are my thoughts on this:

1) This is a very old game and most of the player base are (and always will be) legacy players.  It's never going to be a hugely popular MMO again.  It's just not- it's too old now.  If you're enjoyment of the game rests upon the hope that one day it will take off and we will have huge number of incoming players, you hope in vain.

2) As several of you pointed out, with aggressive grinding, it's not hard (although, I would argue, it IS still boring and tedious) to get characters to lvl 50 and most of the player base has one or more lvl 50 characters.  If you doubt this is true, feel free to use the /search command and sort players by level, at any time of the day or night, any day of the week.  You'll see that it is true.  If we aren't bored of this after two years of play (I'm not- and I don't think most of us who have these lvl 50 characters are, either) there's little danger of it in the future (at least, no more danger than there is in growing bored with any 10+ year old video game).

3) The fun of this game is not grinding content.  The fun is in the hugely diverse number of different kinds of characters you can make, the coolness of the player base, and the number of interesting tools available (costuming, base building, discord groups, etc.) that we can leverage to RP in an interesting environment.

Anyway... that's how I see it.  🤷‍♂️

Edited by Triumphant

On 8/6/2021 at 7:50 PM, golstat2003 said:

This is what the OP originally posted: He was not talking about making it being free:

Thanks for reposting the OP.

Yeah. I read that post.

Yeah, he doesn't talk about making it free.

I DID.

I was seeking clarification if it was just to 50 or to max level as that is not clear in the OP's post.