Jump to content

Alignment missions and how they work


Recommended Posts

Ok, I did ten alignment missions, staying hero, then did one more Hero Mission that got me reward merits and a badge or two.

 

If I do ten more of these alignment missions, and go Vigilante, is there a badge for that? Can I then do ten more and go back to Hero? Are there any consequences on changing my alignment back and forth like this?

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, stay Hero for seven days and get an additional badge and the Call to Justice temp power.

 

If you do a string of Vigilante tips and then the Vigilante morality mission, you'll get a couple more badges. Then stay Vigilante for seven days for one more badge and another temp power.

 

Same for Rogue and Villain. When you get back to Hero, you'll get another badge... Come Full Circle.

 

Note that each alignment temp power goes away once you get a new alignment. 

 

There are a couple other badges in the mix for defeating certain individuals in tip missions too.

 

Love alignment missions.

  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

While I am Hero and waiting on the Call to Justice power and the additional badge, can I start doing Vigilante tips missions and just avoid the morality mission for now?

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, absolutely.

 

One other tidbit about tips. If you belong to an SG, and they have installed a Mission Computer in the base, you can use it to pick and choose tips from the whole list. Costs 1 Merit each. 

Edited by TraumaTrain
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There's also the cheaty way to change alignment. Head to Pocket D and talk to Null the Gull. He perches on the truck parked at the entrance to red side. He'll change your alignment at a whim. You can also have him disable group movement powers and disable extra tray popups from movement powers and being a kheldian among a few other things.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC, Tips were one of the last bits added right before the Snap.

 

I like how they change it up, playing with your expectations for a typical radio-style mish, then hit you with something off-beat!

 

  • Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko. Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko. But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

First off, stay Hero for seven days and get an additional badge and the Call to Justice temp power.

 

If you do a string of Vigilante tips and then the Vigilante morality mission, you'll get a couple more badges. Then stay Vigilante for seven days for one more badge and another temp power.

 

Same for Rogue and Villain. When you get back to Hero, you'll get another badge... Come Full Circle.

 

Note that each alignment temp power goes away once you get a new alignment. 

 

There are a couple other badges in the mix for defeating certain individuals in tip missions too.

 

Love alignment missions.

Great information!

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later
On 8/9/2021 at 7:54 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

There's also the cheaty way to change alignment. Head to Pocket D and talk to Null the Gull. He perches on the truck parked at the entrance to red side. He'll change your alignment at a whim. You can also have him disable group movement powers and disable extra tray popups from movement powers and being a kheldian among a few other things.

 

Man, you're a life savior ! Thanks for the hint 🙂

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2021 at 10:31 PM, DoctorDitko said:

IIRC, Tips were one of the last bits added right before the Snap.

 

Alignment and alignment-changing tips? That was the point of Going Rogue.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

 

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Greycat said:

 

Alignment and alignment-changing tips? That was the point of Going Rogue.

 

Yeah it wasn't that close to shutdown.  Back then PVP recipe drops were incredibly rare and the +def and +res uniques were going for inf cap and above.  If I really needed one for a build I had to grind out 30 alignment missions (not tip missions) to get 30 alignment merits I could use to directly buy the recipe.  Took a long time.  There was a timer on tips or alignment missions, I don't remember, but you could only do them so fast.

 

So anyway  yeah tips were out long enough for me to get those uniques put into a number of my builds, so it wasn't that close to shutdown.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later

Thanks for the correction; my forgettery gets more powerful every year!

 

 

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko. Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko. But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2021 at 12:22 PM, carroto said:

 

Yeah it wasn't that close to shutdown.  Back then PVP recipe drops were incredibly rare and the +def and +res uniques were going for inf cap and above.  If I really needed one for a build I had to grind out 30 alignment missions (not tip missions) to get 30 alignment merits I could use to directly buy the recipe.  Took a long time.  There was a timer on tips or alignment missions, I don't remember, but you could only do them so fast.

 

So anyway  yeah tips were out long enough for me to get those uniques put into a number of my builds, so it wasn't that close to shutdown.

 

5 Alignment Tips/Day. Forget if you could do the alignment mission day 2 or not...
 

Public Fame may be earned by characters for completing Alignment Missions. Each Alignment Mission completed will award one point of Public Fame corresponding to the mission's alignment. Whenever a point of Public Fame is earned, a character will also be awarded a corresponding Alignment Point.

Characters may only possess a maximum of five points of Public Fame at any time, and each point will expire 20 hours of real time after being earned.

If a character currently has five points of Public Fame and completes another Alignment Tip Mission, no additional Public Fame is awarded and no Alignment Points are earned.

Edited by Errants

Death is the best debuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...