Mind control

WitchofDread

27 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

Dude. 

You want me to come perform on the spot in something you likely practiced and practiced until you got the time you were happy with then posted the video.  Okay fine I'll come show you how it's done.  But you have no awareness if you don't think I'm going to use my best power to get a mob to kill itself while I fight another one.  

If you're going to be in there to observe that I'm not using temp powers, inspirations or Lore's that's fine.  But beyond that observation means being quiet, which I had warned you twice to be quiet if you'll want me to stay and indulge you.  After the 2nd time of you telling me what I was allowed to do while I was using my regular abilities I had to see myself off.  

I even said that I'd be fine with doing it separate of having you inside with your partner that was videoing me.  

Let this die.  It's unreal the levels you're going to to prove how dense you are about Mind Control.  Your Reddit community can think you a god or whatever, but we know better here.  

Never practiced. 

Dark Anarchy was with me. 

First time in the map. 

Dark Anarchy was with me and I did only one run and I got out. 

Also, you said that I play using only cheap tactics and that I play as a stalker. 

The evidence proves that I did face tanking, and I never ever ran away, and if two groups of mobs were aggro'd, then I stayed in placed and I handled them all aggressively and I tanked them not behind a rock, but right there in their faces, not running to the hills. 

I been playing the game every week. 

I have been running the content of all sorts as well, that includes carnies and many others. 

I did NOT challenge you

You challenged me

You were the one who challenged me to do carnies and compare your build, your defenses, and your tanking, vs mine in all those categories. 

I did not ask for this. You did. 

I don't want you to do anything.  You wanted me to compare with you vs the carnies. 

You asked for that so I obliged. 

THen I posted the results of what you challenged me to do and the results of you doing that too. 

Look how I did it and then look how your build was so tanky that it ran to the hills and hid behind a rock. 

I agree, let's let it die. 

Edited by Voltak

18 minutes ago, Voltak said:

Never practiced. 

Dark Anarchy was with me. 

First time in the map. 

Dark Anarchy was with me and I did only one run and I got out. 

Also, you said that I play using only cheap tactics and that I play as a stalker. 

The evidence proves that I did face tanking, and I never ever ran away, and if two groups of mobs were aggro'd, then I stayed in placed and I handled them all aggressively and I tanked them not behind a rock, but right there in their faces, not running to the hills. 

I been playing the game every week. 

I have been running the content of all sorts as well, that includes carnies and many others. 

I did NOT challenge you

You challenged me

You were the one who challenged me to do carnies and compare your build, your defenses, and your tanking, vs mine in all those categories. 

I did not ask for this. You did. 

I don't want you to do anything.  You wanted me to compare with you vs the carnies. 

You asked for that so I obliged. 

THen I posted the results of what you challenged me to do and the results of you doing that too. 

Look how I did it and then look how your build was so tanky that it ran to the hills and hid behind a rock. 

I agree, let's let it die. 

You are absolutely mental.  It doesn't take being a Mind dom to know this.  I'm done.  GL with whatever ails you.  

Circling back to the OP's question. As others have said, Mind Control doesn't benefit from containment as much as some of the other control sets, but especially with Perma-Dom going is a very strong control set. I freaking LOVE my Mind/Psi/Psi Dom. She locks down entire large rooms in missions by herself between Mass Hypno, Terrify, Total Domination, and Mass Confusion. I attempted to make her a Mind Controller on live more than once and it was an absolute struggle and, IMO just not fun.

Mind Control doesn't have any PBAoE powers, unlike many of other other control sets, so I would lean towards any assault secondary that allows for a good ranged attack chain so you can stay at ranged as much as possible like Psi, Fire, and Energy. I was going for a psionic character with my main dominator so Psi was the only logical choice for me ( though I guess you could spin Energy assault as telekinetic force blasts), and I think it's very strong. I'll go into melee range for Drain Psyche since I've already mezzed everything anyway, then follow it up with Psychic Shockwave (which I've proced for KD on top of the disorient already in the power) then move back to ranged. YMMV.

Dominators (and scrappers) are probably my favorite two ATs to play. I don't think any of the primaries are bad. There are just some that aren't as painful to play as controller sets so I lean that way with those (mostly the newer sets), so most of my dominators use the older control sets as their primary.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ravenbane said:

Mind Control doesn't have any PBAoE powers, unlike many of other other control sets, so I would lean towards any assault secondary that allows for a good ranged attack chain so you can stay at ranged as much as possible like Psi, Fire, and Energy. 

We may certainly  include Dark Assault in that list.  Very good and viable option if you want to be mostly at range. And it has good options if you want to sometimes dip into melee range. 

10 hours ago, Voltak said:

We may certainly  include Dark Assault in that list.  Very good and viable option if you want to be mostly at range. And it has good options if you want to sometimes dip into melee range. 

Thank you! I forgot about Dark, though I didn't intend for that short less to be comprehensive. Lots of ranged attacks. The T9 is melee but it's also a great power (my main is a DM/WP scrapper) with the added immobilized to keep them from chasing you if you want to back up.

Edited by Ravenbane
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later

In my opinion, a quick and easy "fix" or "buff" for mind control is by slightly lowering the cooldown of Mass Confusion (maybe even hit it with a duration reduction to avoid another SoC fiasco.)

The thing with Mind Control and Dominators is that the class just really synergizes with the powers. AoE Mind CCs have HUGE cool downs along with literally everything but levitate being affected by Domination. Most Dominators obviously chase Perma Dom, thereby having high levels of recharge enough to make the massive cooldowns be tolerable and then amplified by Domination. 

When I'm playing solo on my Mind/Fire (single target oriented, to be precise! No mass slaughtering with AoEs), I can wipe 2 & 1/2 +4/x8 clusters and MC is still struggling to come off cooldown. This is with over Perma hasten level recharge. If it were an actual team, I'd probably be able to use MC 3 times per instance. Juggling with Total Domination and MC still has a massive gap for actual hard CC engages, something that Terrify and Mass Hypnosis can't really fill in for if we consider teams. This is worsened by the fact that most pre-50 (and even some level 50) dominators don't have Perma Dom and the high recharge levels, and at this stage of the game mass CC actually matters since blasters, tankers, brutes, scrappers aren't god tier content breakers yet.

Edited by DZKFire
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later

Agreed, better recharge and/or additional effects.

formerly @JimmyVine (on Infinity & Victory)

currently @Cenozoic (on Reunion)

Cenozoic (Mind/Psionic Dominator) ... Los Infiernos (Fire/Devices Blaster) ... Slof (Stone/Spines Tanker) ... Zen's Furnace (Illusion/Dark Controller) ... Cryovolcano (Earth/Cold Controller)