Dev's Choice Is Back!

GM Sparky

I notice the new Dev's Choice arcs appear on page 2, sorted between the arcs that are both Dev's Choice + Hall of Fame and the arcs that are just Hall of Fame. IDK how feasible this is but I think it would be best if the newly crowned arcs appeared at the very top of the AE list.

I have at least some conflict of interest here since I am reasonably friendly with Darmian, the author of the most recent pair of winning arcs.

2 hours ago, Miss Jersey said:

The Golden Age Secret of the Paragon Society (by @Miss Jersey) ID:3408

Ok I am going to nominate this  because under the rules you can't @Miss Jersey. However I have played it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079)Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642)* | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104)* | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489)*The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403)* | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140)* The Eve of War (Arc id 41583)*

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617)* | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)*

(*Pre War Praetorian Loyalist. * Pre War Praetorian Resistance.. * Pre ITF Cimerora. * Post ITF Cimerora. Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

15 minutes ago, TerroirNoir said:

I'm sounding like a fan girl now but I want to nominate the cassini division, arc id 37104 by Darmian. 

LOL. Thanks. Just nice to see people play them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079)Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642)* | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104)* | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489)*The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403)* | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140)* The Eve of War (Arc id 41583)*

(*Pre War Praetorian Loyalist. * Pre War Praetorian Resistance.. * Pre ITF Cimerora. * Post ITF Cimerora. Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I'm nominating Gravity, Arc id 42775, by the ridiculously talented and entertaining @cranebump

That'll teach him.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Darmian said:

I'm nominating Gravity, Arc id 42775, by the ridiculously talented and entertaining @cranebump

That'll teach him.

NOOOO! Don't ruin my extreme competence! (thanks, brutha).:-)

• Haha 1

Looking for SFMA content over multiple arcs? Search for the following arcs under "cranebump."

Ordinary People [3 parts] Investigation of a series of thefts leads you deep into a vengeful plot that threatens all of Paragon City. Will you and Kings Row's "ordinary" heroes be able to stop it? Leviathan [5 parts] The  assassination of a local politician with national aspirations sets off a media frenzy among everyone's favorite reactionary network, NewsAnon. Among their targets? You. The Cage Series [3 parts]: The Iron Widow is back! Or...is she? Your vigilante philosophy is put to the test in this tale of shifting loyalties and outright deceit. The Port Oakes TF [2 parts] Enos Childs is calling on Villains like you to join his glorious quest to drive Arachnos out of the Rogue Isles. One Shots:  Of Guns and Asa Ronan; The Tenuous State of Grace; Garden of the Will; Gravity; The Book of Bond's

All 3 of these deserve nominations:

image.png.2ab295069d48106109f16488496b7547.png

image.png.b897d1ddddfa9d932d73d41ab01e840d.png

image.png.98d77546fa822a5caad7d35f00b13507.png

My 4-star on Arc #2 is being snippy due to last mish of the arc (which is essential as a lead in for Arc #3 [trying not to spoiler it]). They're all 5-star arcs.:-)

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Looking for SFMA content over multiple arcs? Search for the following arcs under "cranebump."

Ordinary People [3 parts] Investigation of a series of thefts leads you deep into a vengeful plot that threatens all of Paragon City. Will you and Kings Row's "ordinary" heroes be able to stop it? Leviathan [5 parts] The  assassination of a local politician with national aspirations sets off a media frenzy among everyone's favorite reactionary network, NewsAnon. Among their targets? You. The Cage Series [3 parts]: The Iron Widow is back! Or...is she? Your vigilante philosophy is put to the test in this tale of shifting loyalties and outright deceit. The Port Oakes TF [2 parts] Enos Childs is calling on Villains like you to join his glorious quest to drive Arachnos out of the Rogue Isles. One Shots:  Of Guns and Asa Ronan; The Tenuous State of Grace; Garden of the Will; Gravity; The Book of Bond's

20 hours ago, cranebump said:

All 3 of these deserve nominations:

image.png.2ab295069d48106109f16488496b7547.png

image.png.b897d1ddddfa9d932d73d41ab01e840d.png

image.png.98d77546fa822a5caad7d35f00b13507.png

My 4-star on Arc #2 is being snippy due to last mish of the arc (which is essential as a lead in for Arc #3 [trying not to spoiler it]). They're all 5-star arcs.:-)

I will try these. I am enjoying the trilogies at the moment.  It is nice to have a continuing story to follow.

• Thumbs Up 1

Great to be back in CoX!

I'd like to nominate "Rewarded as a Loyalist Deserves" by @huang3721(@MaraAt1) Arc id 37325.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/10/2021 at 11:10 AM, TerroirNoir said:

I will try these. I am enjoying the trilogies at the moment.  It is nice to have a continuing story to follow.

Then may I suggest my own Leviathan series (5 parts), as well as the Port Oakes Task Force (2 parts). If you want to go back in time to when I first tried doing this stuff, you can try Ordinary People (3 parts). [end shameless plug]

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/10/2021 at 11:10 AM, TerroirNoir said:

Also: Darmian's Dark Deeds Epic is out there...lurking...beckoning...begging you to shake hands with The Meteors.:-)

• Haha 1

Just now, cranebump said:

Also: Darmian's Dark Deeds Epic is out there...lurking...beckoning...begging you to shake hands with The Meteors.:-)

ROFL.  I'd Start that with "The Meteors", see my sig.  

12 minutes ago, Darmian said:

ROFL.  I'd Start that with "The Meteors", see my sig.  

No. Nonononono. It will always be Darky-a** deeds to me, my friend.:-)

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2021 at 12:45 AM, huang3721 said:

I submit these arcs for nomination:

• On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal #43524 by @JiroIto
  • Hero Corps: Artifact Smuggling #43497 by @PresidentDSG
  • The Fallen Heroes Part 1 #12733 @Sparks McGee

While I'm flattered, Artifact Smuggling was built just to be a SG storyline starter thing, which is why it doesn't even have an ending or explanation... How'd you even find it...?

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TerroirNoir said:

I'd like to nominate Leviathan 1 Hollow Pursuit, arc id 37663 by @cranebump and also The Meteors, arc id 42079, by @Darmian.

(Thanks for the recommends cranebump. I am going through Leviathan now)

Hey! Thanks so much. Appreciate the nom.

Lest I forget, Ankylosaur has a bunch of award-winning arcs, and has crafted some series work. Always worth a look.

Edited by cranebump
  • Thanks 2

On 9/15/2021 at 8:52 AM, PresidentDSG said:

How'd you even find it...?

These are my friends when I am hunting for ae:

9H5zcmf.jpg

Although the tools pictured above don't filter out farms and WIPs, sometimes I get a nice gem like yours. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Game Master
On 9/1/2021 at 5:06 AM, thunderforce said:

I notice the new Dev's Choice arcs appear on page 2, sorted between the arcs that are both Dev's Choice + Hall of Fame and the arcs that are just Hall of Fame. IDK how feasible this is but I think it would be best if the newly crowned arcs appeared at the very top of the AE list.

I have at least some conflict of interest here since I am reasonably friendly with Darmian, the author of the most recent pair of winning arcs.

I will take a look at it and see what I can do

• Thumbs Up 1