Dev's Choice Is Back!

GM Vayek

1 hour ago, GM Sparky said:

We are discussing a format change for Dev's Choice. At this time, I don't have an April selection, no. But updates will come soon.

Thanks for the reply.  Just itching to update my compiled list 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

Great to be back in CoX!

1 hour ago, GM Sparky said:

We are discussing a format change for Dev's Choice. At this time, I don't have an April selection, no. But updates will come soon.

Hopefully this is related to splitting up Dev's Choice/Hall of Fame arcs and play-count farms into separate categories?  In any case, can't wait to see!

• Thumbs Up 2

Play my AE Adventures:

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice!**        "Desperate Measures in the Shadow Shard" #43103   

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870              "Playa Oeste: Going to California" #48501

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

• Retired Game Master
3 hours ago, Jiro Ito said:

Hopefully this is related to splitting up Dev's Choice/Hall of Fame arcs and play-count farms into separate categories?  In any case, can't wait to see!

It wasn't, no. But, I thank you for bringing that point up. I'll make sure it's seriously looked into during this process.

• Thanks 4

Thank you so much!

• Thumbs Up 1

Play my AE Adventures:

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice!**        "Desperate Measures in the Shadow Shard" #43103   

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870              "Playa Oeste: Going to California" #48501

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

Right, well since the GMs are working their socks off I'm just going to reiterate my last three nominations: That's "Three Sisters", Arc ID 43103 by @Darmian -- and I've not seen anything new from you for ages -- "Injustice Systems", Arc ID 45766 by @cranebump -- they like their gritty noir -- and "Agents of Change, Part 1: The American Way", Arc ID 48597 by @cobie, a terrific opener to a trilogy.

Now off to play more AEs of an SFMA type!  Keep writing folks and I'll keep playing!

• Thanks 2

Great to be back in CoX!

• 1 month later

Hey @GM Sparky & Co!  If the Dev Choices are remaining static for a bit while the team builds a new evaluation metric or whatever, would it be possible to shuffle around the previous Dev Choices, since for the duration they're all valid again?  That way those at the lower end of the list get a bit more light 🙂  Thanks again.

Great to be back in CoX!

• Retired Game Master
25 minutes ago, TerroirNoir said:

Hey @GM Sparky & Co!  If the Dev Choices are remaining static for a bit while the team builds a new evaluation metric or whatever, would it be possible to shuffle around the previous Dev Choices, since for the duration they're all valid again?  That way those at the lower end of the list get a bit more light 🙂  Thanks again.

There is no good way to do that, unfortunately. Flagging the Dev's Choice is a manual process that I do by hand. There is nothing automatic about it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GM Sparky said:

There is no good way to do that, unfortunately. Flagging the Dev's Choice is a manual process that I do by hand. There is nothing automatic about it.

AH!

Oh well.  It was worth an ask.  Maybe once a month?

Great to be back in CoX!

• Retired Game Master
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TerroirNoir said:

AH!

Oh well.  It was worth an ask.  Maybe once a month?

I'm working on trying to get the whole new structure down to something manageable. Currently, every aspect of Dev's Choice is a manual process. From keeping track of the submissions, to testing and record keeping, to setting up the staff voting, drafting the announcements, and flagging the arcs. I'ts a large process with many steps - all of which are manually handled by volunteer staff.

So, I'm trying to find ways of streamlining things and making Dev's Choice more sustainable.

I appreciate everyone's patience while this is being worked out.

Edited by GM Sparky
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GM Sparky said:

I'm working on trying to get the whole new structure down to something manageable. Currently, every aspect of Dev's Choice is a manual process. From keeping track of the submissions, to testing and record keeping, to setting up the staff voting, drafting the announcements, and flagging the arcs. I'ts a large process with many steps - all of which are manually handled by volunteer staff.

So, I'm trying to find ways of streamlining things and making Dev's Choice more sustainable.

I appreciate everyone's patience while this is being worked out.

And I for one appreciate all you do!  Don't take anything I write here as some sort of DEMAND! It isn't.

I'm someone who loves how players can contribute to the content of the game, whether "canon" or off the wall or whatever.  And some day I must try it myself! I was simply advocating for spreading a little of the love around 🙂

Anyway, as I said above there, big thanks to you and the GM team for your work.  It is appreciated.

• Like 1

Great to be back in CoX!

• Retired Game Master
20 hours ago, TerroirNoir said:

And I for one appreciate all you do!  Don't take anything I write here as some sort of DEMAND! It isn't.

I'm someone who loves how players can contribute to the content of the game, whether "canon" or off the wall or whatever.  And some day I must try it myself! I was simply advocating for spreading a little of the love around 🙂

Anyway, as I said above there, big thanks to you and the GM team for your work.  It is appreciated.

Yeah, we're trying to sort out some logistics and get Dev's Choice back on track. but im still working on it. Just gunna take some time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later

Come on, folks.  Drop some nominations in here for future Dev Choices!  There's a lot of talented people making great SFMA stories in the AE.  I've got my current batch of nominations in, time to get yours.

If you're wondering what's already been a Dev's Choice then the link below has the deets!  

Edited by TerroirNoir
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Great to be back in CoX!

• 2 months later

I have a somewhat unusual submission for you to consider.

A Developer's choice arc from 13 years ago.

The arc was Ghost in the Machine by Turgenev ans awesome and made a big impression on me. 

So much so that when Turgenev followed a City of Heroes twitch streamer to say hello I don't know who was more surprised, me for seeing that name again or him for the fact that someone had remembered his stories from back then.

Well it turns out that he had the .storyarc files on an old thumb drive and he shared them with me, and in between work I've been editing, testing and have published the first two arcs.

So may I submit:

Ghost in the Machine

@Ivan Turgenev