This is wrong. WRONG.

Luminara

7 hours ago, Zhym said:

They're probably more for backup in case someone finally manages to take out Terra Volta or blow the Faultline dam.

With the main sources of power being such juicy targets for villainous activity, is it any wonder that there would be a push for distributed solar energy at some point in the city's history?

Terra Volta is a nuclear reactor on steroids.  Anyone who takes THAT out is also going to get at least half the city, including most of the solar-equipped buildings.

8 hours ago, Zhym said:

They're probably more for backup in case someone finally manages to take out Terra Volta or blow the Faultline dam.

With the main sources of power being such juicy targets for villainous activity, is it any wonder that there would be a push for distributed solar energy at some point in the city's history?

That being said, one has to wonder if rooftop solar panels can produce enough juice to power a skyscraper.

1 hour ago, Black Zot said:

Terra Volta is a nuclear reactor on steroids.  Anyone who takes THAT out is also going to get at least half the city, including most of the solar-equipped buildings.

This is exactly the plot of Yin's TF.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Chris Jenkins, attorney at law.  After being consistently sued and buildings being repaired, heroes either had to leave the city or the city had to find a way to keep it under budget.  So, they designed disposable solar panels installed by convicted Skulls and Hellions in a chain gang.

That's the story and we are sticking to it!

• Haha 3

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

19 hours ago, Greycat said:

Personally, I'd be more concerned with maze-layout office buildings and warehouses that couldn't possibly function as warehouses first, but...

Imagine trying to get fast food during a 30 minute lunch break in Paragon City ..

On 8/12/2021 at 6:34 AM, Luminara said:

As far as I've been able to determine, there isn't a single instance of solar panels in the correct (southerly) orientation and situated in a location which doesn't have 35+ story buildings throwing shade on them.

I believe that elevator design and installation team received the contract for the solar panel installation as well.

You all got it wrong. Those are energy emitters disguised as solar collectors. When the anticipated Battalion arrive those will be activated to blast massive energies at the new enemy.

There will be missions to keep saboteurs from them, to correct those installed wrong, and to keep catgirls from sunning themselves with them.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, gamingglen said:

You all got it wrong. Those are energy emitters disguised as solar collectors. When the anticipated Battalion arrive those will be activated to blast massive energies at the new enemy.

Unless the attack comes from a southern direction, in which case there's going to be some serious "YOU HAD ONE JOB" going on.

• Haha 4

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 8/12/2021 at 12:05 PM, Chris24601 said:

Nothing to fear good citizen. All the architects in the city secretly belong to the Midnighters. Their building designs cause people to regularly trace out geomantric patterns that prevent the Things from the Outer Darkness from being able to invade our realm. You may gripe about the long commute to your office in the back end of the building, but its either that or Tentacles!!! coming out of places you don't even want to think about*.

* the back of my refrigerator; what are you, a pervert? :classic_biggrin:

I used to work in a building that I swear was designed by Paragon City architects.  It used to be 3 buildings that were somehow merged into one with some additional construction.  And I had to enter thru the middle building, even though I worked in one of the outer buildings. 

Up the stairs from the lobby to the 2nd floor.  Then turn about 145 degrees left for 20 yds or so.  Bear right about 25 degrees, even though the hall continued straight.  Pass a large training room and break area, continue on for another 20 yds or so, then turn about 160 degrees right, go 5 yds and then 90 degrees left thru a door to another hall...  I don't recall the details from there, it's been a couple of years, but the rest of the route is no less Byzantine than the first part.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Col. Kernel said:

I used to work in a building that I swear was designed by Paragon City architects.  It used to be 3 buildings that were somehow merged into one with some additional construction.  And I had to enter thru the middle building, even though I worked in one of the outer buildings. 

Up the stairs from the lobby to the 2nd floor.  Then turn about 145 degrees left for 20 yds or so.  Bear right about 25 degrees, even though the hall continued straight.  Pass a large training room and break area, continue on for another 20 yds or so, then turn about 160 degrees right, go 5 yds and then 90 degrees left thru a door to another hall...  I don't recall the details from there, it's been a couple of years, but the rest of the route is no less Byzantine than the first part.

Life imitates Art?

• Like 2

First the solar panels. Then my Filet O' Fish.

shot_2021-08-14_10-01-28_compress33.jpg

"We're through the looking glass people."

Edited by Nemeroff
  • Haha 3

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

On 8/12/2021 at 10:19 PM, Hyperstrike said:

This is what happens when you don't check references for your installers.

You get half-assery like this...

Is it half-assery? Or is it the work of a SUPER VILLAIN?! Muauahahahahahahaha

hah.

18 hours ago, Luminara said:

Unless the attack comes from a southern direction, in which case there's going to be some serious "YOU HAD ONE JOB" going on.

If you had read those "The Sisemen Response" reports mentioned by those fake office workers you would have seen this:

"The soon-to-arrive visitors have a tendency to approach a planet at the poles and spread out from there. These potential clients must be met with enough force to deter their intentions and be amenable to negotiations that will favor our plot goals." 

So, you see that in the northern hemisphere they are pointed correctly.  😃 

11 minutes ago, gamingglen said:

If you had read those "The Sisemen Response" reports mentioned by those fake office workers you would have seen this:

"The soon-to-arrive visitors have a tendency to approach a planet at the poles and spread out from there. These potential clients must be met with enough force to deter their intentions and be amenable to negotiations that will favor our plot goals." 

So, you see that in the northern hemisphere they are pointed correctly.  😃 

Unless the invaders read the reports, too.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Yeah, the beautification of Atlas Park went a little weirdly.

In terms of development:  It really felt like they were either planning to abandon all the old content that exists in the zone, OR whoever lead that project just didn't care to maintain the internal consistency of the door missions there.  On top of that, adding buildings that were made of brick or stone, AND old and weathered during a face-list was wildly bizarre.

Diegetically:  The renovations in Atlas Park certainly made that part of town more visually stunning, but the over-reliance on false façades and holographic illusions was an odd turn from the City Planning department, to say the least.

2 minutes ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

Yeah, the beautification of Atlas Park went a little weirdly.

In terms of development:  It really felt like they were either planning to abandon all the old content that exists in the zone, OR whoever lead that project just didn't care to maintain the internal consistency of the door missions there.  On top of that, adding buildings that were made of brick or stone, AND old and weathered during a face-list was wildly bizarre.

Diegetically:  The renovations in Atlas Park certainly made that part of town more visually stunning, but the over-reliance on false façades and holographic illusions was an odd turn from the City Planning department, to say the least.

I dunno; having seen a lot of "olde style downtowns" pop up in the suburbs, complete with faux-weathered facades, that part seems pretty believable to me.

On 8/11/2021 at 9:37 PM, Luminara said:

screenshot_210812-00-07-16.thumb.jpg.13b9f0b96d7d12ed26d6285fde3626f2.jpg

These panels are facing northwest.  Where Paragon City is located, in the New England region of North America, the sun would track east to west in the southern sky and the panels would never receive any direct insolation.

In other words, the sun would be behind the panels.  They're pointed the wrong way.

On the same rooftop, there's another series of panels facing southwest.  Those panels would receive insolation in the late afternoon and evening... if there weren't buildings right where the sun would be at that time.

This is really bugging me now.  If Paragon weren't already defunct, I'd fire the person who did this.  Twice.  With prejudice.  And a shoe.

😠

Your tax dollars at work.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!