Looking for a Top-Tier Elec/Shield Build

00Troy00

I haven't tried one myself, but just tossing things together I came up with a pretty simple build that should make life interesting.  I'll have to go back and look at my Shield tank and Scrapper to see what I am forgetting.  I don't think you will break hide with Lightning Rod or Shield Charge currently, so those were a given, and high recharge to use them often.  I tossed in Water Spout because it's awesome and if you like... it will take every proc in the book for stupid numbers (otherwise just roll with the stupid damage it'll kick out; no harm no foul).  Since the Lightning rod and Shield Charge weren't breaking hide, I am curious if the Water Spout might follow suit... if so you'd wipe multiple mobs without being seen.  Then Chain induction used to "summon pseudo pet" to do the damage (if I recall correctly), so I slotted it with Hecatomb to see how often that big proc will land as it should have a new roll every enemy.  

I have a terrible time with Mid's... I generally pay it through and see where I'm strong and lacking by feel.  Then I just fine tune with Mid's once I know what issues come up in a fight.  Stalkers are very play style based now that they got scrapper buffs.  Some people brawl, some do tactical strikes.  I like fast paced fights...

Stalker - Electrical Melee - Shield Defense.mxd

Edited by Ruby Rocket

Scrappers ...bringing more cowbell since 2004

Disclaimer: I've played the attached on an i24 test server, but I've not rolled it up on Homecoming yet.

Defensively it's got softcapped Positionals (whilst Hide and Stealth are under attack supression and without Destiny or Hybrid Incarnates active)
Capped S/L resists with One With the Shield running, or 40% without it.
1861 HP normally, 2088 HP (capped) with OOtS running.
Aid Self, plus the Panacea and Absorb Procs.
Decent endurance recovery: 2.82 End/Sec + Panacea (roughly another +0.4125) normally, or 3.37 End/Sec + Panacea with OOtS.

Stealthcapped if you toggle Sprint on.
Extremely Mobile: Combat Jumping, Superjump + Superspeed plus the Lightning Rod + Shield Charge teleports.

Offensively it's tailored towards AoE and it hits like an exploding Freight Train.
Most of the important attacks are procced, and the ATOs reliably kick in to rehide or recharge Build Up (which has Gaussian for extra Oomph).

It has Ball Lightning for an extra AoE (to chain with Jacob's Ladder and Chain Induction between the Lightning Rods and Shield Charges!)
Between Elec's built-in sleeps, the Knockdown proc in JL and the Immob proc in BL it actually also has a little bit of CC.

Edit: Since this is an i24 build it doesn't take the "Zapp" Snipe, so to bring it up to i25+, swap Mu Bolts --> Zapp and slot 5x pieces of the Sting of the Manticore set into it (skipping the Dmg/Interrupt/Rech piece) plus an Apocalypse Proc. Then move the spare enhancement slot from Stealth into Super Speed and slot 2x Blessings of the Zephyr into it to keep your Ranged Defence softcapped. The optimum ST attack chain works out at AS -> CI -> JL -> Zapp -> AS -> CI -> JL -> BL/HC with Hasten running, but you'll need to take Ageless Core Epiphany to keep that up indefinitely on a Pylon.

Stalker - Electric_SD IOed.mxd

Edited by Maelwys

On 8/20/2021 at 9:42 AM, Ruby Rocket said:

I haven't tried one myself, but just tossing things together I came up with a pretty simple build that should make life interesting.  I'll have to go back and look at my Shield tank and Scrapper to see what I am forgetting.  I don't think you will break hide with Lightning Rod or Shield Charge currently, so those were a given, and high recharge to use them often.  I tossed in Water Spout because it's awesome and if you like... it will take every proc in the book for stupid numbers (otherwise just roll with the stupid damage it'll kick out; no harm no foul).  Since the Lightning rod and Shield Charge weren't breaking hide, I am curious if the Water Spout might follow suit... if so you'd wipe multiple mobs without being seen.  Then Chain induction used to "summon pseudo pet" to do the damage (if I recall correctly), so I slotted it with Hecatomb to see how often that big proc will land as it should have a new roll every enemy.  

I have a terrible time with Mid's... I generally pay it through and see where I'm strong and lacking by feel.  Then I just fine tune with Mid's once I know what issues come up in a fight.  Stalkers are very play style based now that they got scrapper buffs.  Some people brawl, some do tactical strikes.  I like fast paced fights...

Stalker - Electrical Melee - Shield Defense.mxd 6.59 kB · 9 downloads

You've got 7 LotG Globals.  Isn't 5 the max?

6 hours ago, GATE-keeper said:

You've got 7 LotG Globals.  Isn't 5 the max?

True.

To fix that particular issue I'd probably swap Weave to a 6-piece Reactive Defences set and move the Shield Wall unique into one of the others (Grant Cover? Maneuvers?)... but to be honest that build has more holes in it than just "too many LoTGs". The biggest is that it's only softcapped providing you're never attacking or being attacked (see: attack supression on Hide); but its main attacks could also do with more procs, Chain Induction and Shield Charge's 6-piece set bonuses are both irrelevant; the slotting of One with the Shield, Lightning Rod, the Leadership toggles and Stamina are all a little bizzare; and it's extremely endurance hungry so Ageless will be 100% required. It's *playable*, but I'd not call it *optimised*.

Edited by Maelwys

• 2 weeks later

Could |I ask if you guys could paste your build here old style please?  That is, listing all the powers and enhancements in full.  I don't know why but after several attempts over the past year I am still unable to download mids onto my PC so can never read builds that are referenced via that.  Hope you can do this. Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later

Here is Maelwys' build exported for you.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Level 50 Science Stalker
Primary Power Set: Electrical Melee
Secondary Power Set: Shield Defense
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Medicine
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Havoc Punch            Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), Mk'Bit-Dam%(31)
Level 1:    Hide                LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2:    Jacobs Ladder            SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(17), Arm-Dam%(25)
Level 4:    Deflection            LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(9), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(15), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(40), RctArm-ResDam(40), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(40)
Level 6:    Assassin's Shock        SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(25)
Level 8:    Battle Agility            LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(9), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(15)
Level 10:    Combat Jumping            LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 12:    Placate                RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14:    Super Jump            BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(50)
Level 16:    Active Defense            RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18:    Chain Induction            Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(19), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Mk'Bit-Dam%(23)
Level 20:    Stealth                LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 22:    Aid Other            DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(A)
Level 24:    Aid Self            NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(43), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 26:    Build Up            GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(27), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(27), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(29), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(29), GssSynFr--Build%(31)
Level 28:    Against All Odds        EndRdx-I(A)
Level 30:    Hasten                RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 32:    Lightning Rod            SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(34)
Level 35:    Shield Charge            Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Obl-%Dam(37)
Level 38:    One with the Shield        UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(39), UnbGrd-Max HP%(39)
Level 41:    Mu Bolts            Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 44:    Ball Lightning            SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(46)
Level 47:    True Grit            Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(48), Prv-Absorb%(48), ResDam-I(48), GldArm-ResDam(50), GldArm-3defTpProc(50)
Level 49:    Super Speed            Run-I(A)
Level 1:    Assassination    
Level 1:    Brawl                Acc-I(A)
Level 1:    Sprint                Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2:    Rest                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Swift                Run-I(A)
Level 1:    Hurdle                Jump-I(A)
Level 1:    Health                Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(37)
Level 1:    Stamina                EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(21)
Level 14:    Double Jump    
Level 49:    Speed Phase    
Level 1:    Prestige Power Dash        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Prestige Power Slide        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Prestige Power Quick        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Prestige Power Rush        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Prestige Power Surge        Empty(A)
Level 50:    Ion Core Final Judgement    
Level 50:    Warworks Core Superior Ally    
Level 50:    Assault Radial Embodiment    
Level 50:    Preemptive Radial Flawless Interface    
Level 50:    Barrier Radial Epiphany    
Level 50:    Intuition Radial Paragon    
Level 50:    Task Force Commander    
Level 50:    The Atlas Medallion    
Level 50:    Portal Jockey    
Level 50:    Freedom Phalanx Reserve    
------------

• 2 months later
  • 2 weeks later

This is the build I've been playing with on Test.  I may make it on live.  It seems to hold up pretty well even to Carnies on +4/+8.  I got it from the boards - sorry I can't remember from whom.  I wish I could figure how to slot more health into True Grit but I guess slot sacrifices have to be made somewhere.

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Stalker
Primary Power Set: Electrical Melee
Secondary Power Set: Shield Defense
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Havoc Punch -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(3), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Hide -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(7)
Level 2: Deflection -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(9), LucoftheG-Def(9), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(11), Ags-ResDam(11), Ags-Psi/Status(13)
Level 4: Battle Agility -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(17), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(17), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(19), RedFrt-Def(19), RedFrt-EndRdx(21)
Level 6: Assassin's Shock -- SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(A), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(23), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(27), GssSynFr--ToHit(27), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(29), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(29), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(31)
Level 10: True Grit -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(31), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 16: Active Defense -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Chain Induction -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(34), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Hct-Dam%(34)
Level 20: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36)
Level 26: Thunder Strike -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(39)
Level 28: Grant Cover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(39), Rct-Def(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 32: Lightning Rod -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(40), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Obl-%Dam(42)
Level 35: Shield Charge -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dam%(43), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Arm-Acc/Rchg(43), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 38: One with the Shield -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 41: Zapp -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(45), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(45), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 44: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(46), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 1: Assassination
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(13), Pnc-Heal/+End(15)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15)
Level 49: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Longbow Core Superior Ally
Level 49: Speed Phase
------------