IO set bonus discrepancies when exemplared.

Luminara

The Synapse Shock set has a listed minimum level of 18, but I continued to receive the set bonuses when exemplared down to level 15.  This set was slotted in a power taken at level 44 on the character tested.

The Power Transfer set has a listed minimum level of 18, but I continued to receive the set bonuses when exemplared down to level 15.  This set was slotted in powers taken at levels 2 and 4 on the character tested.

The Reactive Defenses set has a listed minimum level of 17, but the set bonuses were lost when exemplared down to level 15.  This set was slotted in a power taken at level 1 on the character tested.

The Unbreakable Guard set has a listed minimum level of 17, but the set bonuses were lost when exemplaring down to level 15.  This set was slotted in a power taken at level 14 on the character tested.

The Preventative Medicine set lists a minimum level of 17, but the set bonuses were lost when exemplaring down to level 15.  This set was slotted in a power taken at level 16 on the character tested.

The Sudden Acceleration set lists a minimum level of 18, but I continued to receive the set bonuses when exemplared down to level 15.  This set was slotted in a power taken at level 6 on the character tested.

The Guassian's Synchronized Fire Control set lists a minimum level of 17, but the set bonuses were lost when exemplaring down to level 15.  This set was slotted in a power taken at level 8 on the character tested.

The Bombardment set lists a minimum level of 27, but I continued to receive the set bonuses when exemplared down to level 15.  This set was slotted in powers taken at levels 35 and 38 on the character tested.

All of the testing was conducted with attuned IOs.

This isn't an exhaustive list, obviously, but it is indicative of a trend.  The HC-added sets I tested (Bombardment, Power Transfer, Synapse's Shock and Sudden Acceleration) are continuing to grant set bonuses below their minimum level, while older sets are not, despite having a lower minimum level.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

13 hours ago, TheZag said:

@UberGuy made a full list in this post

None of the sets I've shown to be behaving abnormally are on that list.  Power Transfer, Synapse's Shock, Reactive Defenses, etc., not there.  Might be a different bug.

On 8/17/2021 at 5:50 AM, Luminara said:

Might be a different bug.

Most likely.

Am I correct in inferring that these were attuned pieces?

Unfortunately, the level something can be slotted at is controlled by different settings than the lowest level at which set bonuses (no longer) function.  Having a given piece of a set contribute to the bonuses you get is supposed to be based on the Boostset's level range definition compared to your own level, where the level an individual enhancement can be slotted at is specified on each individual boost (enhancement) itself.

I can't see why Reactive defenses should work all the way down to 15, since it's Boostset spec says its lowest level is 20. That should make it stop working at 17.

26 minutes ago, UberGuy said:

Am I correct in inferring that these were attuned pieces?

All of them, yes.

26 minutes ago, UberGuy said:

I can't see why Reactive defenses should work all the way down to 15, since it's Boostset spec says its lowest level is 20. That should make it stop working at 17.

Reactive Defenses did cease granting set bonuses at that level.  Synapse's Shock, Power Transfer, Sudden Acceleration and Bombardment, however, continued granting bonuses when exemplared below their minimum slotting level.  All sets created recently.

I'm guessing that Artillery will display the same behavior.  Probably Experienced Marksman, too, but given that it can be slotted at level 7, it's probably moot.

The issue seems to be that Synapse's Shock and probably all the new sets have their attuned versions flagged as below. This is only supposed to be used for things like PvPOs and Superior enhancements. It means they work all the way down to level 1.

ignore_exemplar_for_bonuses = true

Edited by UberGuy
  • Thumbs Up 1