The way HC Devs can approach certain controversial but asked for Adult themed costume parts.

16 minutes ago, Moka said:

But on another note, I don't get why this game attracts so many people with sexual intent anyway.

An element of the whole superhero genre has always been about idealized physical forms, the fantasy of having this very embodied power.  I think it's very natural that this bleeds heavily into a sexualized view on superheroes.

(Which is not, at all, to say that I think we should have bared female upper bodies, and, like you, I'd have appreciated a lot less in the way of permanent wedgies for female characters.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So this thread went to a lot of the places I was expecting.  Although one in particular hasn't come up yet, so kudos to the community for not going there!

I kind want to explore the topic a little more, ask a few questions, gather some contextual background information . . . but given the overall knee-jerk reaction, it seems unlikely it'll be productive.

But hey!

Anti-Nipple Folks.

You can rest assured.

Even if the Devs were miraculously all of the opinion that the original request was fully meritorious and would be worth pursuing in an ideal world, I think they would still be aware enough of the Maude Flandersism tied to this that they'd never risk it in the current environment.

And chances are probably quite good that the Devs here -don't- all share the opinion expressed in the original topic of this thread, so it's not like we're even remotely close to the possibility.

So . . . relax.

No need to be the irreverent rebels of would-be satire.

If you don't like it, and don't want to discuss a topic like this maturely and calmly, you can just let a thread like this die a quiet death without replies.

It would probably be more effective, honestly.

• Thumbs Down 1

I'd be happy if we just got some more female tops with skin, preferably without the weird jagged straps going around the sides & back, and perhaps not just options that involves leather and straps/buckles.  I'd also love more options that could be utilized under shirts/jackets/other top pieces, that didn't show such ugly straps underneath.

• Like 2

The four color comics super hero genre has never allowed female nipples to be shown. City of Heroes currently adheres to the tropes of the four color comic super hero genre. I'd prefer that it continue to do so.

Too many people around the world are still convinced that the sight of a female nipple will damage children's minds and/or cause society to collapse. If you really feel the need to advocate against this then I would like to respectfully recommend trying to change peoples' positions where it actually matters, in real life, not in a rogue server for a 17 year-old video game played by less than .00000000001% of the world's population.

• Like 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 hours ago, aethereal said:

An element of the whole superhero genre has always been about idealized physical forms, the fantasy of having this very embodied power.  I think it's very natural that this bleeds heavily into a sexualized view on superheroes.

(Which is not, at all, to say that I think we should have bared female upper bodies, and, like you, I'd have appreciated a lot less in the way of permanent wedgies for female characters.)

Hence my SOP for shoving the chest slider all the way to the left on my superheroines.  Fixing that perma-wedgie would be nice too.

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

11 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Too many people around the world are still convinced that the sight of a female nipple will damage children's minds and/or cause society to collapse. If you really feel the need to advocate against this then I would like to respectfully recommend trying to change peoples' positions where it actually matters, in real life, not in a rogue server for a 17 year-old video game played by less than .00000000001% of the world's population.

Pedantically, I would like to point out that that  .00000000001% of the world's population is about 0.0008 human beings, and the population of Homecoming vastly exceedss 0.0008 human beings.

• Haha 5

Less is more. The brain is the part where most sexual activity originates, and we already have EXPOSED BRAINS.  Job done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

3 hours ago, GM Flints said:

ERP requires the consent of all parties involved, and is not permitted to take place on public channels, any ERP that occurs thus occurs in PMs, as per the CoC https://forums.homecomingservers.com/code-of-conduct/ if you see this happening outside of PMs, please inform them to take it to private messages where those who aren't consenting to be witness to it are exposed to the roleplay. Underage ERP is an offence taken very seriously and if you see or suspect it happening, bring it to the attention of the team - This includes not just the age of the players but the age of characters being roleplayed.

Ultimately, "Nipples vs ERP" is not the original intention of this thread, and rather than witness arguments over whataboutism, this thread needs to return to the topic at hand as the point of discussion. 

Well, the original intention was something of a joke, according to the OP, so I guess my mistake was in taking the thread too seriously.  Or, mybe, taking the strong negative reaction of the replies to the suggestion too seriously.

Anyway, I suppose I've said all I've got to say on the subject.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
On 8/23/2021 at 11:17 AM, GM Flints said:

ERP requires the consent of all parties involved, and is not permitted to take place on public channels, any ERP that occurs thus occurs in PMs, as per the CoC https://forums.homecomingservers.com/code-of-conduct/ if you see this happening outside of PMs, please inform them to take it to private messages where those who aren't consenting to be witness to it are exposed to the roleplay. Underage ERP is an offence taken very seriously and if you see or suspect it happening, bring it to the attention of the team - This includes not just the age of the players but the age of characters being roleplayed.

Ultimately, "Nipples vs ERP" is not the original intention of this thread, and rather than witness arguments over whataboutism, this thread needs to return to the topic at hand as the point of discussion. 

I  just want to say that even though as I fully admitted this was largely just a joke suggestion for a bit of humorous back and forth, this right here was legit worthwhile information. In fact only a few days after you made this reply I was in the D and saw a player I rp with now and then have someone approach them and start doing /e emotes of a very hands on their character style, I PMd my friend saying they may want to keep that in a private local and they told me it was a stranger who was not wanted, passed on your reply from this post and they felt comfortable chastising the other player and sending a report after I informed them.  They had not thought a pirate server would care about such behavior and figured it was something they had to suffer.

So thanks for this post right here and helping to help inform and arm us against abusive behavior in game.

On 8/17/2021 at 1:12 PM, Llewellyn Blackwell said:

So I fully admit this is something of a joke suggestion

7 hours ago, Llewellyn Blackwell said:

I  just want to say that even though as I fully admitted this was largely just a joke suggestion

7 hours ago, Llewellyn Blackwell said:

this thread that was meant to be mainly abit of fun actually very worthwhile.

Still waiting on the punchline

• Haha 2

On 8/23/2021 at 5:14 PM, aethereal said:

Pedantically, I would like to point out that that  .00000000001% of the world's population is about 0.0008 human beings, and the population of Homecoming vastly exceedss 0.0008 human beings.

that's what YOU think!

On 9/8/2021 at 6:56 AM, Tyrannical said:

Still waiting on the punchline

Well for me there are quite a few in the form of the many comments this thread has gotten;). Say what you want imo it proved an atypically informative thread as the GM post was truly useful to help wade through the cesspool of those at the D who try to use the guise of RP to harass and abuse.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Llewellyn Blackwell said:

Well for me there are quite a few in the form of the many comments this thread has gotten;). Say what you want imo it proved an atypically informative thread as the GM post was truly useful to help wade through the cesspool of those at the D who try to use the guise of RP to harass and abuse.

I don't know if you need a GM to tell you harassment and abuse is bad.

• Thumbs Up 4